SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susan_in_nc

Need side dish idea and thoughts on dessert

susan_in_nc
9 years ago

I have been asked to bring a side dish for Easter - menu set by someone else: prosciutto wrapped pork stuffed with apple veggie mix; salt and pepper fries, green beans for the main. There are also to be an app that will not be "friendly to me" and other possible food issues. (I actually want to bring good food because I will not be able to eat the dessert, likely the potato dish is questionable as I have Celiac and I am not able to research the spice mix that will be used to insure no flour is used for anti caking agent, and if the soup isn't made with a GF broth, well I won't be able to eat that either . . . FUN for me! ) but it is important I go and play nice.

I am thinking of doing garlic asparagus as it is one of my favorite veggies and maybe a trifle -- for the cookie layer wonder if coconut macaroons would work with blackberries or would strawberries be better? I would love to do a layer of a heavy boston cream alternated with a lighter sweetened cream . . . and soak those berries in some sort of spiking liquor to enhance it all . . . I might just need a drink!

So suggestions please?

Comments (10)