SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

Lemon curd tart w/strawberry - glaze needed?

Lars
16 days ago

I made a lemon curd tart this morning (I made the crust last night), and I had bought some strawberries, kiwi, and blackberries to put on top. Then I decided to look at recipes online to see how other people arranged their strawberries, and I noticed that they all put a glaze on the strawberries made from jam and a tiny bit of water. I do not have a drop of jam in the house, and so I could not do this, but I decided to drizzle some aged (8 years) Fondi di Trebbiano Balsamic vinegar from Modena on the strawberries, to make them sweeter. First I tasted a strawberry with some of the balsamic vinegar on a strawberry and liked the combination, but I don't know how it will taste with the lemon curd and shortbread crust.

I changed this recipe from the last time I made it by reducing the sugar in the curd from 1-1/4 cups to just one cup, and it tastes sweet enough to me. The last time, it tasted way too sweet, but I used different fruit that was not as tart as these strawberries and blackberries.I put some balsamic vinegar on the blackberries also. I wonder if I should have used pomegranate molasses instead - or just powdered sugar.I guess when I serve it, I will find out what it needs - hopefully nothing - and I think I won't mind if it is a bit tart. It is called a tart, after all.What else would be a good substitute for a glaze for strawberries? Should I try to make something with the pomegranate molasses that I have?

Comments (39)