SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fawnridge69

Big kitchens and tiny kitchens, oh my!

Next week, we move out of our house and into a small cottage in the country while our condo unit is being finished. We'll be there for a month and must make use of a very small kitchen. So small that there's no way for two people to work in it at the same time. So small that I can reach both walls, standing in the middle of the floor. In order for us to bake cookies, we'll have to bring a couple of folding tables to the cottage for some additional work space.

The kitchen comes with a full-size refrigerator and oven/cooktop, but the sink is barely large enough to accommodate any of our large pans. Fortunately, the weather is turning warm, for real, so we'll be using a large tub and hose on the deck for cleanup. We're bringing the Weber kettle and a bunch of camping chairs so we can cook and eat outside on the very spacious deck. The setting is pure country. The cottage is part of a small farm and is surrounded by some huge farms in the middle of horse country. I'm looking forward to some peace and quiet after 19 months of living in the city.

Going from our big kitchen in the house we're selling to such a small kitchen is going to be an adventure and thankfully, it will only last a month. I'll post some pictures of the kitchen when we move in next week. Oy!

Comments (14)