SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lemonhead101

I did it!

lemonhead101
11 years ago

After months (and if I am honest, years) of procrastinating, I finally rearranged the back room where most of my books are kept. We had moved into our house back in 1996, and at that time, we put no thought into how to arrange this spare room. Over the years, it's gradually evolved into DH's computer room, his place where he stores all his work gear (you wouldn't believe how much *stuff* police officers have to have...) and my beloved books.

However, the book cases were stored in a corner where it was difficult to get access, I couldn't easily see all the titles, and it was just not the best experience to get to my TBR pile. (That was my excuse for all the amazon one-click purchases!)

However, one spare weekend afternoon, DH was out of town and I completely immersed myself in moving the furniture (which included empyting and culling two bookcases). Three hours later (and a bit more tired than I'd like to admit), there was a bright spacious room with plenty of space to admire my books.

Plus - by randomly rearranging my titles (although keeping fiction with fiction and non-fiction with non-fiction), it's great. I can easily see all my books, the random shuffling means that I see new combinations and titles that haven't seen much action due to being on lower darker shelves so it's like having a brand new book collection, and overall, I am very happy with it.

I have no idea why it took this long to do, but there you go. Phew.... Now I go in there just to admire my handiwork. :-)

I thought you guys would understand this awe of this achievement and the feeling of accomplishment wrt the books...

[grin]

Comments (27)