SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hoosiermom_2009

Please help me choose drapery colors (pics included)

hoosiermom_2009
13 years ago

We moved into our new home in December and really need to get this room finished. The paint color is ICI Traditional Tan and we plan on getting 2 chocolate sofa's (crate & barrel) in the next few months but I really want to order drapes SOON bc the sun rises in the front of the house and sets in the back which means the room is like an oven in the morning and especially in the afternoon/evening. The coffee table and end tables will be replaced soon too by most likely a darker wood with more modern lines. The room is fairly large & has 10 foot ceilings, the fireplace is the focal point and this floor has alot of dark wood (floors, doors, staircase). The main color scheme of the house is chocolate, tan and a little of an olivey green color. The house is fairly casual, we are casual people. I am struggling with what color of drapes to use: chocolate or tan. I don't want the drapes to be disracting from the fireplace or the view outside the back window which is a nice woods setting and soon to be garden. I will most likely be getting drapes from overstock.com bc my budget is tight. Please help me! :)

Please excuse the huge mess, I was home alone with a 2 kids and a really sore back this weekend!

Looking into room from the foyer (seeing back window):

Looking into room from the nook area (seeing front window):

Another view, into foyer:

Floor plan/layout:

This is my 4th house and I didn't decorate the first 3 at all other than hanging a few pics here and there so I am really new to this decorating thing! I want this house too look nice so thanks so much for any help!

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz