SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
quynh_dao72

design help on Spanish style home

Quynh Dao
15 days ago

Looking for design help! Would love your expertise. We just bought a Spanish style house and want to update/modernize the space. These are photos fm the prior owner so obviously all the furniture will be new. Any thoughts on pieces would be great too! I don’t love the cherry hardwood flooring but we can get carpet to cover it up if necessary. I was thinking of new flooring vs staining existing floor? I like oak but not sure it will go with the Spanish theme? There’s carpet in the bedroom and tile in the kitchen. For dining room, I don’t like the red- should we repaint the whole thing white and get rid of the wainscoting? Or do something else with contrasting colors? For the kitchen I don’t like the granite or silver chrome backsplash. I was thinking of replacing pendants, and countertops or painting cabinets. For exterior also thinking of new/painting different color?

Any thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated! I don’t want to spend too much money but changes that y’all think would make a difference ? Links or ideas for new items would be great too!!!

Comments (32)