SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kittycat76

Lots of PICS of paint tests - please help me choose!

kittycat76
16 years ago

OK so my house looks like a patchwork quilt now LOL! I just could not decide with those tiny paint chips so I got several sample quarts and went to town! =) I am pretty set on doing Blonde in the foyer and staircase area, and Restrained Gold in the living room. But I want your opinions based on these pics. Would it look better if I did one or the other all the way through? And which one?

Here is the living room. RG is the color on the right side of the mantle. Keep in mind that we are getting new chocolate brown leather furniture soon (a sectional with chaise) and new tables...

You can see how it opens to the kitchen and to the dining room, so our colors have to flow well:

Here is what Blonde looks like, on the column and by the mirror:

And right next to the door:

And Blonde on the stairs:

The kitchen is a whole different story LOL. I love the tone of the Georgian Brick but it's way too dark. Do you think they could do it at 50% and it would look good? Or do you think the darkness is OK? I am just afraid that with the kitchen being dark and with the LR being Restrained Gold, which is also kind of dark, the whole place is going to be very dark LOL!

Spanish Red on the left and Georgian Brick on the right:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l94/bigcitykitty76/IMG_0623.jpg

Here is what the rest of the kitchen looks like, to give you an idea:

Georgian Brick on top, Spanish Red in middle, Tucson Red on bottom:

And one last thing... The open DR and art niche. Which red goes best with the Restrained Gold? Is it TOO bold to paint the interior of the niche one of these reds, with Blonde surrounding it?

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated! The painters are coming on Thursday - agh!!!!

Comments (27)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida