SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laurensmom21_gw

please help me choose a rug (pics)

laurensmom21
15 years ago

I'm really trying to narrow this down so I can get started decorating my great room & dining room. Since I'm (hopefully) getting new furniture & curtains too I'd like to get the rug picked out first.

Here's our room (I'm hoping to put a sofa across from the tv armoire & loveseat across from the fp w/sofa table behind it and maybe a leather recliner in the corner left of the fp. For the sofa/loveseat I was thinking of a carmel/tanish chenille. For the curtains, I was maybe going to do a reddish/mustard toile or maybe a buffalo check? Any ideas would be great!

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

What do you think of this rug (ebay)
{{!gwi}}

It's a handtufted wool "agra" rug. Since I'm a rug newbie - can someone enlighten me as to what the heck an "agra" is? :) I like this one because it has the warm reds, sages, tans, but also a touch of the blue. I also need a rug for my DR - do they have to match? was thinking of maybe a lighter beige with the red rug's colors as accents?

Also, does it matter which way you orient the rug? They have this one in 5x8 and 8x10. I think I need the 8x10 with the short side in front of the tv? The sofa & love seat's legs have to be ON the rug, right? ugh, I'm not very good at this!

I'd love to see pics of your rugs or suggestions for others in these colors. I really don't want to spend more than $500 - the ebay one is $340 shipped. Thanks so much :)

Comments (15)