Have you found any bargains or deals lately? :0)

nicole___

On CL, I found a FREE aluminum table and two swivel chairs, in like new condition. The chairs match a set I already own on the upper deck.

Lowes: $3 Potentillas. I purchased 4.

Have YOU found any bargains or deals? Please post....

SaveComment24Like7
Comments (24)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
caflowerluver

Lucky you on getting the outdoor table and chairs. They look great. I always check the Free listing on Craigslist just in case there is something. All the non essential stores are still closed here, so no bargains to be had.

Save     Thanked by nicole___
Marilyn_Sue

I bought a nice bread machine for $4.00 at my neighbor's barn sale. It makes up to a two pound loaf of bread, great condition.

Sue

6 Likes Save     Thanked by nicole___
aok27502

I'm volunteering at Habitat Restore, and we are having a flash sale to get rid of clothes. I picked up a pair of jeans and two pair of casual cotton pants for .50 each. I need to look for some things for DH.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by nicole___
marilyn_c

I bought a Spode Christmas tree pattern plate at GW for 99 cents. Not sure what they sell for, but they aren't cheap. Will give it to my friend who has the complete set, but also a big family and always looking for extra pieces. They seldom show up in thrift shops.

I found a product that I like. Bibigo Korean mini pork wontons. Don't remember what I paid for them, but they are good and I went back and bought 3 more bags of them. In the frozen food section. Usually I don't like pre-prepared foods, but these are good. They fry up crisp and will be good in wonton soup.

There was something else....but I can't think of it now.

4 Likes Save     Thanked by nicole___
marilyn_c

Oh, I remember one thing. At a yard sale, I bought a nice, stainless, oil core, electric skillet for $4. It had a lot of cooked on grease on the bottom of it. (I don't know why people don't clean the bottoms of their cookware). It is fully submersible, so I put it in a sink full of very hot water. I used a soap pad and it all came off with almost no effort.

rob333 (zone 7a)

Yes, slave labor. Two bookcases for the price of wood and paint. $200, I'd guess.

5 Likes Save     Thanked by nicole___
nicole___

Rob.....Nice!

1 Like Save    
rob333 (zone 7a)

Someday, when we've learned it, they'll have doors, I do believe. That'll kick up the price way up!!!!!

;)

1 Like Save     Thanked by nicole___
jtc

Rob very nice. Love, your rugs. Room looks very good.

1 Like Save    
pegasus101

Pink linen dress $90, got for $20 from SteinMart

1 Like Save     Thanked by nicole___
DawnInCal

I can't recall if I mentioned this before of not, but about a month ago, I scored 40 pounds of chicken thighs for 25 cents/pound. We use thighs a lot so I was really happy to get that deal.

3 Likes Save     Thanked by nicole___
nicole___

Patio rug, Home Depot: end of the season sale, half price. 8'x10'

4 Likes Save    
georgysmom2

Nicole, love those chairs and that table....free no less! These days I'm just so happy to find things I need in the grocery store.......bargain or no bargain!

adellabedella_usa

I started perusing the online sales about a month ago. Bought some nice school clothes for my daughter at major clearance. Since prom and spring dances and many graduations were canceled, we scored big on some really pretty dresses for around $20 each.

I can't say I've been out much looking around. I did buy a men's size 3X shirt for $5 at Kroger. It's 100% cotton. I think I can make some nice face masks out of it. Like a lot of you, I've been making a few face masks here and there and giving them away to family and my teens' friends. Now I'm getting requests for them.

glenda_al

My bargain, lol, is Burger King has $1 mini milk shakes! My favorite is their strawberry. Yummy

nicole___

georgysmom2.....DH told me there was "no way" we could drive across town, a 30 minute drive....and that patio set would still be out there. I insisted we go....anyway. ☺☺☺ Score! I call it our "bistro". Been eating lunch there. ☺☺☺ Everyone's cleaning house, since they're home quarantining.

Free cat tree off CL. They have been tearing it up! ☺ They like sisal.

3 Likes Save    
raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio

Yesterday was my suburb's "precycle" day - a day when all are encouraged to put unwanted but reusable items at the curb for "shopping". People put out lots and lots of kid stuff (clothes, strollers, toys, yard play equipment), books, and random household items and furniture.

I was able to pick up a very large pot for my potted apple that needs to go up a size, and some garden edging that I am going to install along the property line fence to keep the neighbor's ditch lilies and weeds from invading my flower bed (I just spent a couple of hours clearing it all out).

I also had stopped into Kroger to buy salad fixings and a cake for my DD's birthday, and found two pots of mini roses for only $0.25 each. That is five or six plants per pot, although I have found that they do better if I don't try to separate them. Some of the Kroger mini roses do very well in my garden, and some survive for years but are weak growers and are never impressive. These are a pretty yellow and healthy looking, so I hope that they will do well.

bragu_DSM 5

went to HL yesterday. Wife had a coupon (one use only) for 40 percent off one thing.

She needed [yeah, right] new copic markers for her scrappy stuff and drug me along so each of us could use a coupon. They are under lock and key at the store so we had to find someone with a key. Fancy shmancy markers are 8 bucks apiece, so since it was our anniversary, I told her I would buy three [big spender]. She grabbed one and picked out three for me. The employee with a key took them to the front so we could check out. I grabbed three and went to check out ... and the clerk offered us the chance to use the coupon separately for four transactions ...

Doesn't usually happen that way.

Alisande

My online art course! I'm taking classes in watercolor painting from Domestika, a company in Spain. They offer a lot of courses in a variety of fields, mostly artistic, and I learned about them when many of their courses were on sale. I added a discount coupon I found online, so the total price of my course was under $10. I didn't want live classes, so this is perfect for me as I can work on it whenever I want. I'm impressed with the structure, the content, and the instructor. The only downside is that the course is in Spanish, and the poorly-translated English subtitles are often confusing. It's also a challenge to watch what the instructor is doing and read the subtitles at the same time. But that's what pause and rewind is for.

I'm enjoying the course so much that I've already signed up for another one, also under $10. I have the feeling Domestika puts its courses on sale often--maybe all the time? I really don't know about that, but I can say there's nothing cheesy about them. Even the subtitles have been a positive because they sometimes make me laugh. In the age of Covid I appreciate all such opportunities!

sjerin

Dd saw a Nextdoor ad in a nice neighborhood bordering her own, and grabbed her dh to hightail it over to take a look. It was a white Pottery Barn crib, new enough to be safe and in great condition. The woman was happy to give it to them and it's all set up and ready to go now. My daughter was ecstatic.

glenda_al

Repeat with pic :o)

Burger King's mini $1 milk shake.

Strawberry is the best for me!

Kathsgrdn

I got a Mikasa dinnerware set for $99 for a service of 8 at Costco the other day. On Mikasa's website the smaller sets (service for 6) is $179.99.

jewels_ks

I needed a good water bottle for work since our ice machine and water fountains have been disconnected. We do have the water fountains that you put your cup in and it fills it up, that will be allowed, but are not on yet. I went to Marshall's yesterday and bought a pink, insulated, 32oz Hydrapeak water bottle for $12.99. I looked them up when I got home and they retail on the Hydrapeak website for $29.99 and another $9.99 for the straw lid, which mine has. I was "tickled pink" to find that water bottle.

nicole___

Yesterday: The ARC Thrift Store

The still life is OK, but I liked the frame! $5 I will replace the photo with something else...later. ☺

The down & feather lumbar pillow has an insert. 12"x25" I ordered a kilim rug lumbar pillow cover from Morocco. In 8 weeks it should arrive and I'll use the insert. $6 (I like the zippered cover....I may fill it with polyfill and use it elsewhere)

2 Likes Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Antiques 10 Tips for Scoring Deals at Estate Sales
An admitted estate sale junkie shares her secrets for finding treasures at bargain prices
Full Story
For Pros How to Help Clients Dealing With a Death, Divorce or Other Change
A general contractor, an interior designer and an organizer detail special process considerations for grieving clients
Full Story
Pets Dealing With Pet Messes: An Animal Lover's Story
Cat and dog hair, tracked-in mud, scratched floors ... see how one pet guardian learned to cope and to focus on the love
Full Story