SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
nicole___

Have YOU found any bargains or deals lately? Hhhhhhmmmmm...........?

nicole___
last month

Brecks Bulb Catalogue had these lily bulbs for $3 each & free shipping! They're supposed to grow 5'-7' tall! (I doubt that claim, but even at 2'-3' they'd be pretty!) I purchased 9 bulbs, 11 sprouts are showing up already! Yay!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have YOU found any bargains or deals?

Comments (29)

• Judy Good
    last month

Yes for my new granddaughter going to arrive in Dec/Jan. Brand new Baby swing for $16.00, New living rug to put over wood floor 10'x 12' for $32.00 and a audio baby monitor for $$5.00. Don't know if you all have auction sites around you but they have kick but items from a-z and you can get some great deals. I believe they are all overstock items or returned items. We have two locally.

nicole___ thanked Judy Good
  • marilyn_c
    last month

Nicole, speaking of lilies....the white ones, which I have always called Easter lilies, are growing wild at the edge of the forests around here. They are in bloom now. I guess they have seeds the birds have spread. It is so odd to see them blooming in the middle of nowhere. There are quite a few of them too. It isn't just the occasional one. I would have thought they would have bloomed earlier, but they are in bloom now, all up and down the forest.

nicole___ thanked marilyn_c
  • Related Discussions

Have you found any bargains or deals? Food? Clothes? Hhhhmmmmm....?

Q

Comments (31)
    I thought about this thread today when I found a great deal. A KMart about 15 minutes from me is closing and since I'm on the hunt for good deals on school clothes I headed there. I figured all the kids clothes would be picked over considering its 40 to 70 % off but wow the store was packed with stuff. Widh I would have been able bbq to buy more... but just for Chip(9) I got 8 tee's with characters and different stuff on them, 4 pairs of jeans, 3 shorts, 2 packs of 7 boxer briefs, 6 pk of white undershirts, 12 pk of socks, a Chicago Bulls book bag, a tee shirt and a hoodie with his school logo, 3 Polo Club short sleeved button up shirts all for 77$. I could not believe the great deal. I got Tim as almost the same sorts of stuff minus the jeans and book bag but found him a winter coat and his stuff came to 68$
    ...See More

Have you found any deals or bargains lately? Hhhhhhmmmmm............

Q

Comments (36)
    Amazon prime days got a waterpik at 56 % off. Went to a garage sale down the road yesterday. Lady just wanted to get rid of her late hording husband's things. Got two new large fall wreaths with tags marked $50 each for $2 each, 33 pieces of slate for $5, and two new pkgs of Christmas boxes for free.
    ...See More

Have you found and bargains or deals lately? Hmmmmmmm..............?

Q

Comments (35)
    Orange Sunblaze Rose $8 These are on opposite sides of the house. What a color clash that would be if I put them together!! :0) Three...Double Red Knockout Roses $5-$13.50 Also from Lowes. Picked up a few roses. May go back today when I'm out....see what else they have marked down.....:0) I'm starting a garden from scratch @ 7500'. It needs to be hardy.....and mulched in!
    ...See More

Have you found any deals or bargains? Hhhhmmmm...............

Q

Comments (24)
    Good luck with the camera, Nicole! This week I happened upon an Adrianna Papell top on eBay for only $12. Very low for that designer, but I still wasn't inspired to jump on it, so I put it on my Watch List. The next morning I got an email saying the seller was offering me a 50% discount. So I accepted it. If I'd seen Adrianna Papell in a thrift store for 6 bucks I'd surely snatch it up! I received the top today, and it's lovely. This morning on Amazon I bought one of their Deals of the Day: a 25 oz. bag of Blue Diamond Wasabi and Tamari Roasted Almonds for $6.24--an excellent deal, although I might not get to eat them. I wanted to buy two bags and give one to my son and daughter-in-law, but Amazon limited the purchase to one bag. My daughter-in-law's pregnant, so I think that's where they'll go. :-)
    ...See More
  • murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    last month

If your lilies are anywhere near as beautiful as your picture, what a score!!!

Judy, some great deals for sure.

Marilyn, what a fun discovery! Hopefully they will come back up every year!

We had a little house a couple doors down that was torn down last week to make way for a $650,000 behemoth to be built. Once the little house went down, the property owner was there and I talked with him. He's very nice. I asked about some pavers that were left by the previous owners and he told me I could take them as long as I got them out before the big machinery came for the removal of the debris. A very kind neighbor who lives across the street joined me with her wheelbarrow and I had mine and we took up 32 16" square pavers!!. I used a little more than half for my project (with another kind neighbor's help) and ended up giving my neighbor the rest of the pavers. My first helper didn't need any. She was just being kind.

My project was one that I have been wanting to do for awhile now and getting these pavers was just the incentive I needed to declutter this garden bed and put some permanent means of controlling growth. I still need to put some more rocks down in the open areas. I am thinking about using river rocks. I think the different shapes will look good together. Anyway this is how it looks today. It's really hot here so I will wait until evening to work on the smaller rock situation.

Still some work to go but it's coming together nicely!

nicole___ thanked murraysmom Zone 6a OH
  • Lars
    last month

I bought a couple of Danish dough whisks recently that I like. I like that I was able to get two for $9.00 - one for each house. These should be good for mixing pizza dough, but I'll also try them with bread dough. I have a Kitchaid mixer in L.A. but not in Cathedral City, and so I mix bread dough by hand when I'm there, and I make lots of pizzas there, since that's where we have the Ooni pizza oven.

I love lilies, but unfortunately I am terribly allergic to Oriental lilies (which are the prettiest IMO) although I am not allergy to the Asiatic lilies, which do not have the strong fragrance.

I have ginger blooming right now that is very fragrant, and fortunately I'm not allergic to ginger flowers!

nicole___ thanked Lars
  • ci_lantro
    last month
    last modified: last month

Roudybush parrot maintenance pellets for less than $2 pound and another pair of CQR Driflex hiking shorts from Amazon that were $6 less than the identical pair (except for color) I ordered two weeks ago. (The CQR hiking shorts are darned near perfect. Nice deep slash front pockets plus 4 other pockets and good fit.)

Oh, and 4 gallons of Pratt & Lambert white interior satin paint marked down at the paint store for $5 gallon!

nicole___ thanked ci_lantro
  • jupidupi
    last month

Murraysmom, your story reminds me of a sweet story told to me by a friend. For about thirty years, she lived across the street from an elderly woman who grew beautiful flowers. When the woman passed on, the family sold the house and it was slated to be torn down, with a small apartment building going in its place. My friend didn't ask, but she went out one evening and dug up all of the bulbs, since she remembered exactly where the flowers had been. She planted them in her own yard. Now she still gets to enjoy the flowers, and they bring nice memories of her old neighbor.

nicole___ thanked jupidupi
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    last month

Judy...those were KILLER deals! Nice!

Marilyn....those lilies sound CHOICE! I bet your new property is picture perfect....and you deserve a safe place for the animals/pets. ♥ All the mud you used to deal with....wow!

murraysmom....That is a great find! You know it will keep the weeds down! Free is the best....but you saved them from a landfill.

Lars....your garden is pretty exotic from what I've seen. :0) The whisks were a deal!

ci_lantro.....Dang! And $5 a gallon paint....geez....!

I'm picking up this FREE on CL shelf later today. 46" x 76", listed as being in EXCELLENT condition...

OMG!....Just picked it up. Whatever it is...it's heavy. The guy who had it is downsizing. I'm waiting for my DH to get home from work to help unload it.

• marilyn_c
    last month

Beth, I've done that....my friends and I call it rescuing plants.

I didn't dig any of the lilies growing by the forest....I have some here...and they do come back every year. However, I took my car to get a new set of tires last week, and it was going to take a couple of hours because they were really busy, so I walked down the side of the feeder road to a restaurant, about three blocks away. Growing all along the roadside were hundreds of little copper colored rain lilies. I didn't have anything with me to dig up a few, but I may go back eventually. I have yellow, white and pink ones, but the copper colored ones were really pretty.

nicole___ thanked marilyn_c
  • bragu_DSM 5
    last month

a complete set of vintage salt pigs [8] for $5

nicole___ thanked bragu_DSM 5
  • Alisande
    last month

I don't know if I got a bargain or not, but I know I did something stupid. I get a lot of emails from Brad's Deals. I don't even see most of them, but occasionally I open one. I got a good deal on shoes from Macy's that way once.

So I opened Brad's email yesterday because it mentioned a deal on USPS Forever stamps. I go through nearly 100 of them every Christmas, and usually I spend some time choosing something special. I'm not a stamp collector, but I'm a stamp appreciator. When I saw that I could get 100 Love stamps for $45, I decided to go for the savings instead of being picky this year. I clicked on Get This Deal, and ordered them.

Belatedly, it occurred to me that I know nothing about the website I ordered the stamps from (Daily Steals). I looked it up. The number of stars awarded by Resellerratings wasn't awful, but some of the written comments were. Now I'm holding my breath to see if I receive the stamps and if Daily Steals does anything underhanded after that.

It's not like me to buy from an unfamiliar site. In fact, a couple of my friends do this, and I'm always telling them to look up the site first before you even click on it! Duh . . .

nicole___ thanked Alisande
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    last month

bragu...fun!

alisande.....You saved $.10 a stamp. It will work out. ♥

rob....She's BEAUTIFUL! Thank you for rescuing her....

• ci_lantro
    last month

And 2 nice mandevillas for $4 each at Home Depot. I've been looking for them most of the spring & summer. Either they were red and expensive or pink and really expensive. I like the pink ones; the red ones don't do it for me.

nicole___ thanked ci_lantro
  • arcy_gw
    last month

I was pretty tickled when I found this house for $25...we are fixing it up for my Dwarfs.

nicole___ thanked arcy_gw
  • share_oh
    last month

Two bags of Grub-X on clearance at WM for $5 each. I had no idea what the regular price was but there were only two bags left so I bought them.

DH spread them on the lawn and decided we need about 5 more bags. I went to Lowes - the same bags were $25 each!

nicole___ thanked share_oh
  • sjerin
    last month

I found on ND a brand new--owner had bought it just as Covid hit, for restaurant use--baby chair that attaches to the table, as we babysat our 9-mo-old gdaughter for the first time here. Amazon sells it for $80 and I got it, in pristine condition, for $10. I felt so proud of that one!

Btw, it's no longer in pristine condition as she inaugurated it with barf after eating blueberry halves too quickly. ; )

nicole___ thanked sjerin
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    last month

See the little....tiny...14k diamond ring? I ordered it last February, for my 42nd anniversary.....it arrived yesterday! :0) I'd already been refunded & the shipper reinbursed. An un-intentional deal. ♥

The orchid I traded for an orchid I had 5 pots of, to an orchid shop owner.....it was free-to-me!

• nicole___
    Original Author
    last month

Bath towels. I know we had that discussion about what's the best. I found Egyptian cotton by Fieldcrest...Bath Sheets. They are the thickest , BIGGEST towels we've ever owned! Click to view I paid $14 ea.

• Alisande
    last month

Nicole, thanks! Yes, it did work out. The 100 stamps arrived quickly and were a definite bargain.

nicole___ thanked Alisande
  • functionthenlook
    last month

I went to the local farm stand for some corn at camp. They had cucumbers and yellow summer squash on a table with plastic grocery bags. You could fill a bag with either or both for one dollar. The owner called it a bumper crop. Needless to say we had a large cucumber salad and cucumber dip the next day.

nicole___ thanked functionthenlook
  • bragu_DSM 5
    last month

i found some special straws for drinking beer.

• nicole___
    Original Author
    last month

bragu....:0)

• chisue
    last month

I want to know if bragu's straws are connected to an insulated beer hat. You know, keeps your head cool while you imbibe? Hands free?

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    last month

A follow up on my paver garden project. I found flat rocks and small round rocks - all free on our local facebook page. All free!! It's pretty much finished at this point. :)

nicole___ thanked murraysmom Zone 6a OH
  • Rho Dodendron
    last month

Today I tried to order tickets online to a special exhibit in a museum. $5.50 per ticket surcharge.

Then the site insisted I sign up with my e-mail but refused to accept my newly created password insisting it was incorrect. So I called the museum to order tickets over the phone. Whell--there was less surcharge and I saved about $10.00 on 2 tickets.

nicole___ thanked Rho Dodendron
  • raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    last month

Nicole_ That was a great deal! I have a couple of different colors (pink, white, and pale yellow) of those tree lilies (Orienpet lilies). They will grow taller every year, and they certainly do get to 10+ feet tall after several years. Once they approach that height, it is a good idea to stake them, as they will tend to lean with the weight of the large flowers. The tallest one in this photo is just topping 8 foot

They also reproduce, unless you deadhead them. I let them, and so now I have a little lily forest in one corner. What colors did you get? I would have liked a purple, but never managed to get that color on sale.

nicole___ thanked raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
  • raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    last month

Ci-lantro, I have a mandevilla that I got for $1 !!! several years ago. I overwinter it in my 3rd bedroom, with north facing windows. I do trim it back when I bring it in, because it starts to really grow again February.

nicole___ thanked raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    last month

raee....THAT garden of yours is AWESOME! ♥ I've been purchasing smaller lilies, that was the only CRAZY tall one I purchased. I also found 1 gallon pots of daylilies, 3/$10 that have the dark red edging & centers, with peach colored petals. Two fans in each pot, I purchased 9 pots.

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    last month

All the flowers are just beautiful and such good deals!

I got a good deal at Kroger today. I bought some chicken breasts. They were buy one, get one free, clearly marked on the package. I went through the self checkout and looked at my receipt and saw that I did not get the second one free so I went to the customer service desk and talked with them and they refunded me $10.53!!! One package was $5.63 and the other was $5.53 so I guess he just picked a number. LOL Anyway, I was thrilled!!