SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicole___

Have YOU found any bargains or deals lately? Hhhhhmmmm........

nicole___
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Yes! I've noticed prices on everything's going up! (Jasdip's thread).....but.....Have YOU found any bargains or deals lately?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My thrift shop deals: Lalique look alike soap/pin dishes & pottery. $2 or less. Corded blinds, $5ea.

Comments (43)

• nicole___
    Original Author
    3 years ago

• LoneJack Zn 6a, KC
    3 years ago

My grocery had 16-20 count shrimp on sale a couple weeks ago for $32 for a 5 lb bag. I bought the 2 bag limit and used the food saver to vacuum seal them in bags of 10.

nicole___ thanked LoneJack Zn 6a, KC
  • Related Discussions

Have you found any bargains or deals lately? Hhmmmmmmm..........

Q

Comments (0)
    1) I found chicken breasts for .75lb. 2) Two fringed infinity scarves for $3 each. 3) Sunbrella fabric, 4 yards for $11.96 @ FabricGuru.com I have two outdoor chaise lounge cushions that need recovering. Have YOU found any bargains or deals lately?
    ...See More

Have you found any bargains or deals lately? Hhhhmmmm...........?

Q

Comments (22)
    I found a favorite color of Revlon Color Stay Suede lipstick online at $13 for two tubes. Earlier this year it was 'discontinued' and the only tube online was $26 for one. (Never mind!) This isn't really a 'bargain' but it's still a 'find IMO': Revlon #030 "High Heels", a medium pink. I ordered two other colors at $6 and pennies each. It's a Green Shame (!) that they are three separate deliveries.
    ...See More

Have YOU found any bargains or deals lately?

Q

Comments (20)
    If anyone needs a new tub diverter, Moen Branford model 3857 chrome finish is on sale on Amazon for $44. It’s ”sold and shipped by Amazon” which usually means you can return it. I paid $57. Amazon’s dynamic pricing is at work here here. Price fluctuates. This tub diverter model is the nicest I’ve seen and has an old world look and is easy to install. It looks like brushed satin in photo but it’s actually a shiny chrome. Other finishes have different prices. It will be in stock soon. Worth the wait. Keep in mind it does not come wth installation instructions or a hex tool. Moen is trying to reduce its environmental footprint. Installation instructions are online. I’m posting it below. If you need it, their customer support line is friendly and helpful. Moen customer support 1-800-289-6636.
    ...See More

Have YOU found any bargains or deals lately? Hhhhhmmmm.........?

Q

Comments (26)
    Not a bargain, but good news from State Farm. They're refunding the $500 we were charged when we had to file a claim last year. We should never had had to file, but nobody was listening. Our upstairs neighbors at the Maui condo admitted they'd caused the leak that damaged our unit. However, this happened the day before we were to close on our sale of the condo, and we had to get moving on the cleanup. It's only taken *forever*, but we supposedly getting a check in the mail. It can go towards paying DH's BCBS deductible for his hospital stay last month: $2K and growing.
    ...See More
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Aspen & Ivan's new toy. $1/Dollar Tree. There's a ball he's batting around.

• Rose Pekelnicky
    3 years ago

No bargains for me. Its been about a year since I have been inside a thrift store. I don't go anyplace that isn't necessary. I do miss it though.

nicole___ thanked Rose Pekelnicky
  • llitm
    3 years ago

In an effort to support local business, I had a window guy come out to give me an estimate for roman shade valances. He quoted $95/yard for the fabric which I immediately found online for $65 and still more than I was willing to pay since it was only o.k. and not amazing. Labor and fabric for two windows approximately 65' x 56" came to....gasp....$1400! I found a perfectly acceptable fabric for $9/yard and made both valances for a total of approximately $40. Oh, he also quoted me a number for a rug that I could've gotten for several hundred dollars less online with free return shipping if I didn't like it, And, I would have had it within a few days of ordering. He offered me a 20% discount which I accepted (only to support him) but I'm committed whether I like it or not. And, several weeks later, I'm still waiting.

nicole___ thanked llitm
  • lucillle
    3 years ago

I bought several toys that were essentially new 'open box' on shopgoodwill.com for cheap and had them shipped to my granddaughter, even with shipping it was a considerable savings.

Thrift store online shopping is a bit of learning curve because one is actually buying from a brick and mortar store, so getting a store near where you want the item to go gets you the best deal.

nicole___ thanked lucillle
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    3 years ago

That reminds me whatsayyou18. We went to Best Buy 2 weeks ago. Asked if they had a whole house stereo equalizer, channel/speaker controller & wall switches/4 qty. . The Best Buy guy quoted $17K - $24K installed. We ordered comparable, specialty equipment with more features on it from a stereo specialty store online for $1500 & installed it ourselves. That quote was OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!!!

• nicole___
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Lone Jack....That's a GREAT price on shrimp!

Rose...Being safe is good. ♥

Lucille...It sounds like you know what your doing when shopping online. That's a plus!

I bought an estate 14k ring from a vendor I was unfamiliar with online. I read their online reviews & asked for extra information before making the purchase. Then paid with Paypal, along with the vendor's no questions asked return policy, all went well! ♥

• schoolhouse_gwagain
    3 years ago

Re: my post above - YES, a free garbage can lid and $.48 for 4' of sturdy cord.

nicole___ thanked schoolhouse_gwagain
  • functionthenlook
    3 years ago

Hubby built a breakfast bar on the opposite side of the kitchen peninsula at camp. Got a 5x 2 ft slab
    of cherry wood, 2 legs and a ledger board cut to size and planed for only $20 at the local lumber yard.

nicole___ thanked functionthenlook
  • abbisgram
    3 years ago

Yes! Just happened to go in Lowe's as they were rolling out some washing machines to clear out. My niece and I ended up getting one for $150 each. She got a Maytag and I got a GE. We'd both been looking to replace our worn out, and too small machines but were disappointed with the Labor Day and Black Friday sales. I'm happy to have a bigger, more quiet machine. She says hers is a little noisy but for the price she paid she's not mad about it. LOL

nicole___ thanked abbisgram
  • bengardening
    3 years ago

I went to dollar General and bought some crafting items for a penny apiece and I bought a pair of white denim capris at a thrift store for a quarter.

nicole___ thanked bengardening
  • HamiltonGardener
    3 years ago

Booking travel bargains. You can get some awesome high season deals for low season prices right now with no rebooking fees.

Pork prices are lower than usual. Ground pork, pork roasts, pork ribs, etc. I’ve been picking up great bargains and freezing them.

nicole___ thanked HamiltonGardener
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    3 years ago

1929Spanish....That fabric is BEAUTIFUL! I had to look up St John, great price!

Functionthenlook....you saved thousands with that project!

abbisgram.....Right place @ the right time! I hope you & your daughter enjoy the new washers. ☺ Cool!

bengardening.....pennies & .25 = almost free!

HamiltonGardener...Vacations & Pork. I didn't know...☺

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My $5 blinds. Total $15! This should keep the kittens OFF my curtains and OFF the window screens.

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    3 years ago

I'm not sure about a bargain but I saw this large teapot on an online auction site. The bidding went higher than I wanted to pay but I really liked it so I went looking elsewhere. I found some on ebay and I bought this one. It's from 1850 Bennington Potters in Rockingham glaze. It has a couple of little chips but for something 170 years old, it is in great shape. It's called Rebekah at the Well. I got it for $50 including shipping.

nicole___ thanked murraysmom Zone 6a OH
  • happy2b…gw
    3 years ago

Good finds! I "bought" a dress with Kohls' cash that I received when I purchased two items at a good price and really needed. I even had some Kohl's cash leftover.

nicole___ thanked happy2b…gw
  • satine100
    3 years ago

I went looking at Goodwill today and found a file folder holder. I had been looking on Amz and they were around 16.00 and Goodwill's was 3.50. I was a happy camper.

nicole___ thanked satine100
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Murraysmom....A unique piece! It looks like a hefty piece of pottery that will hold the heat of a pot of tea.

happy2b......free clothes! I like that.

satine....It's cool you found what you were looking for, 80% less and not have to wait to order it.

• Kathsgrdn
    3 years ago

80% off a purse at an outlet mall today. I hadn't planned on buying anything was just killing time.

nicole___ thanked Kathsgrdn
  • vgkg Z-7 Va
    3 years ago

A couple of nice finds were an all metal old timey 2 gallon watering can with an intact spout (at an antique store it would be about $30+ bucks, but this one at Goodwill store was $3).

A stainless steel sink with built-in backsplash & ex-large basins for $100 (craigslist). These are normally in the thousand$ new. (not really recent).

It took some doing but it fit (minus one top drawer)

nicole___ thanked vgkg Z-7 Va
  • rob333 (zone 7b)
    3 years ago

I refinanced my house, got a VERY minor raise at work, and for some really weird reason, my life insurance went down?! I'll take it. It's a several hundred dollar increase. Right? Someone who shares my house with me, mainly my child!, claimed all of last month's increase, and this month's too... So you'll have to ask them if they found any good deals recently. You can have kids or you can have money but you can't have both 😉

I can't wait to buy something fun for me!

nicole___ thanked rob333 (zone 7b)
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Kath.....The purse found you! ☺

vgkg....That's a really nice work area you created!

Rob.....Now's the perfect time to refinance a house. That song "Cats in the Craddle" comes to mind. "I've long since retired, my son's moved away I called him up just the other day.."

• nicole___
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I dragged my husband to an ARC thrift store, it's across from Home Depot....I found nothing...he found cherry Klipsch speakers, a pair for $25! They sound GREAT! (used they run about $400 + $75 shipping)

• functionthenlook
    3 years ago

I bought 4 porch chairs like this off of a local Facebook group. Great condition. All 4 for $15.

nicole___ thanked functionthenlook
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I purchased a Sealy Posturepedic Queen mattress, Grey Humbolt pillow top. My side is "firm", his side is ultra plush, for $393. It was the display model. Regularly $1750 the register receipt said. ♥

• joyfulguy
    3 years ago

From the sublime to the ridiculous, nicole, function, vgkg and others, but I got 4 litres (about 3.85 to a U S gal., 4.5 to make an Imperial gal.) of 0.1% milk, almost indistinguishable from skim, for one whole dollar last week.

ole joyfuelled ... also fuelled by milk

nicole___ thanked joyfulguy
  • Adella Bedella
    3 years ago

Dd, her friend and I tried out a new Goodwill the other day. Dd and her friend both found some nice name brand clothes for $5 and less. I got a fun blouse for $5 and I also found an orange (Red) Fiesta platter for $3. My oldest informed me that it was probably radioactive so we started doing some research and turns out I have a collectible that sells for around $45. Not sure on date yet. It's a pretty vibrant color. I had dh put it on top of the display cabinet since we're not going to be eating off of it now.

nicole___ thanked Adella Bedella
  • functionthenlook
    3 years ago

I didn't know Fiestaware was radioactive in older pieces. That was a good price. I go to the factory that is about 30-40 minutes away and even the seconds room are much higher price.

• Adella Bedella
    3 years ago

functionthenlook, I don't think I knew that about Fiestaware either. My child is a major science nerd and knows random things like that. ;) It's the pre-1972 stuff. For some reason the orange color is called red.

I guess I scored. I really wanted it as a serving dish, but will see what I do with it. My child thinks it's really cool so I may just let him have it.

nicole___ thanked Adella Bedella
  • Alisande
    3 years ago

Well, I'm wearing a bra I got for free. I ordered it on eBay, It's by Warner's in a style I've had before and like a lot. The seller had a bunch of them, all new without tags. So I paid my $9.99, but before the bra arrived I got a message from the seller saying they found an "issue" with the bra, had shipped it anyway, and had refunded my money. S/he said if it turned out I didn't want the bra they hoped I would donate it somewhere.

So the bra arrived and looked okay. I washed it last night and tried it on this morning. Yeah, I would say it has an issue. It's marked with the correct size, but feels a little big. I suppose that means it's not actually a bargain. :-)

nicole___ thanked Alisande
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Radioactive cookware? lol I remember hearing that and thought it was "a tale". ☺

Free is a bargain any time! WOW! Great buy....or refund....♥

Milk for $1 is almost free!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's my FREE off CL sleigh bed. I upgraded to a Queen from a Full; put the full in the loft spare bedroom.

I ordered an "as is" 3 piece King comforter set from Overstock.com, $25.92. In a Jacobean print, hoping to brighten up the room, but keep the BOHO-cottage look.

• caflowerluver
    3 years ago

DH repaired our built-in refrigerator for $2, cost of replacement capacitors on the driver board. We had ordered a new circuit board from a parts place online but they didn't think they would get any for months. (China embargo?) So DH bought a testing meter for $20, found the 2 bad capacitors and replaced them. He is an electronic's engineer. So far so good and seems to be staying at the correct temperature. We thought about replacing this 15 YO built-in, which we have repaired twice before, with a new Sub Zero but the cost would be $14,000 and are back ordered till July. Not to mention the hassle of taking out the old one without damaging the cabinets. My advice to kitchen remodelers, skip getting a built-in. They look nice but a bear to replace and crazy expensive.

nicole___ thanked caflowerluver
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Day lilies & tulips. FREE wing back chair for the bedroom I'm staging.

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    3 years ago

Local store has leg of lamb this week for $5/lb. Lowest price I've ever seen.

Picked up a cordless vacuum off of the curb, thinking that it probably just needed a good cleaning of filters, brushroll etc (as is usually the case.) But it wouldn't charge, even though the charger was working. Called into the manufacturer's support line to trouble shoot with the indicator code that was coming up, supposing it might need a new battery. I did explain that I wasn't the person who bought the machine, but they said it was still under warranty anyway and the internal circuitry had failed so they will send me a new one. $400+ machine.

nicole___ thanked raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    3 years ago

caflowerluver.....good advice. $2! Dang!

raee.....I had a pair of broken Fiskar scissors, never knew they'd replace them free until Moni mentioned she had done this. :0) I sent them a photo, they sent a new pair. ♥ Cool YOU could use the warranty on the vac! Smart people on KT!

• socks
    3 years ago

We needed parts for the kitchen faucet which was leaking. Watching a youtube video on how to do the replacement, the guy said Kohler will send the replacement parts for free. We called, and they did!

nicole___ thanked socks
  • raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    3 years ago

I was actually astounded at that, nicole___!

But I have another similar story to caflowerluver's: (I may have posted this already) a neighbor put a newish looking dryer at the curb and posted it on the neighborhood FB page that it needed a new heating element. They didn't want to bother with having it fixed (she told me when I messaged her) and just bought a new one.

So another neighbor helped me get it home. I bought a new element on Amazon for $25, installed it in less than an hour (the hardest part was getting a couple of screws unscrewed) and now I have replaced my 30 some years old reliable, no frills Whirlpool with this $1000 bells & whistles version. I just hope none of the other electronics fail such that I regret letting that Whirlpool go.

Oh, my favorite bargain: a very very good condition, used, soft leather, deep teal (discontinued color) The Sak cross body purse for $10 on Poshmark.

nicole___ thanked raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    3 years ago

A story for ya all: I ordered an "open box" Kohler faucet on Ebay. It said fully warranted. My husband installed it, water started pouring out of it! It had a manufacturing defect where the solder joint was open. I took a photo of the open joint, got a FULL refund including shipping and kept the faucet. My husband soldered it. FREE FAUCET!

I should also mention I've had deals go bad. I purchased an $800 Samsung washing machine from The ARC Thrift store. $130. It said tested. It said 10 day warranty. Took it home and the spin cycle didn't work. It needed a new clutch. $150! So I returned it and they gave me "store credit". Took me a year to find enough blue jeans and crap for the house to use the credit up. ♥

• Annie Deighnaugh
    3 years ago

I saw these leggings in the Talbots catalog...$90. It's just not in me to spend that much for something I'm going to roll around on a mat and sweat in.

I bought these leggings at Walmart for $15.

That's more my speed.

nicole___ thanked Annie Deighnaugh
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Annie.....BEAUTIFUL! ♥

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I fell in LUV with this Ink+Ivy Alpine queen duvet set. Kohls had it on sale for $89/reg $139, found an open package on Amazon $25.90 + free shipping. (note: Kohls only offers it online, I had to order it anyway)

Kohls did have one set of Cuddl Dud's fleece sheets for $18, in the sale bin, reg price $69.99. ♥♥♥

Note: I'm working on staging 2 bedrooms.

• Alisande
    3 years ago

Nicole, I learned about Cuddl Duds fleece sheets from you over a couple of years ago, and I'm still grateful. So is a friend who bought two sets on sale after Christmas, on my recommendation. I'm almost (almost!) sorry it's getting to be time to put them away for the warm weather. :-)

nicole___ thanked Alisande
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Alisande.....I'm glad you both like them! ♥ We sure do! My kitten Aspen will only sleep next to our heads, so as to share the Cuddl Duds fleece pillow cases. ♥ He's going to miss them too!