Have YOU found any bargains or deals lately? Hhhhhmmmm........

nicole___

Yes! I've noticed prices on everything's going up! (Jasdip's thread).....but.....Have YOU found any bargains or deals lately?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My thrift shop deals: Lalique look alike soap/pin dishes & pottery. $2 or less. Corded blinds, $5ea.

SaveComment23Like1
Comments (23)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nicole___

10 Likes Save    
LoneJack Zn 6a, KC

My grocery had 16-20 count shrimp on sale a couple weeks ago for $32 for a 5 lb bag. I bought the 2 bag limit and used the food saver to vacuum seal them in bags of 10.

8 Likes Save     Thanked by nicole___
nicole___

Aspen & Ivan's new toy. $1/Dollar Tree. There's a ball he's batting around.

6 Likes Save    
Rose Pekelnicky

No bargains for me. Its been about a year since I have been inside a thrift store. I don't go anyplace that isn't necessary. I do miss it though.

7 Likes Save     Thanked by nicole___
whatsayyou18

In an effort to support local business, I had a window guy come out to give me an estimate for roman shade valances. He quoted $95/yard for the fabric which I immediately found online for $65 and still more than I was willing to pay since it was only o.k. and not amazing. Labor and fabric for two windows approximately 65' x 56" came to....gasp....$1400! I found a perfectly acceptable fabric for $9/yard and made both valances for a total of approximately $40. Oh, he also quoted me a number for a rug that I could've gotten for several hundred dollars less online with free return shipping if I didn't like it, And, I would have had it within a few days of ordering. He offered me a 20% discount which I accepted (only to support him) but I'm committed whether I like it or not. And, several weeks later, I'm still waiting.

5 Likes Save     Thanked by nicole___
Lucille

I bought several toys that were essentially new 'open box' on shopgoodwill.com for cheap and had them shipped to my granddaughter, even with shipping it was a considerable savings.

Thrift store online shopping is a bit of learning curve because one is actually buying from a brick and mortar store, so getting a store near where you want the item to go gets you the best deal.

1 Like Save     Thanked by nicole___
nicole___

That reminds me whatsayyou18. We went to Best Buy 2 weeks ago. Asked if they had a whole house stereo equalizer, channel/speaker controller & wall switches/4 qty. . The Best Buy guy quoted $17K - $24K installed. We ordered comparable, specialty equipment with more features on it from a stereo specialty store online for $1500 & installed it ourselves. That quote was OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!!!!

3 Likes Save    
nicole___

Lone Jack....That's a GREAT price on shrimp!

Rose...Being safe is good. ♥

Lucille...It sounds like you know what your doing when shopping online. That's a plus!

I bought an estate 14k ring from a vendor I was unfamiliar with online. I read their online reviews & asked for extra information before making the purchase. Then paid with Paypal, along with the vendor's no questions asked return policy, all went well! ♥

3 Likes Save    
schoolhouse_gwagain

Re: my post above - YES, a free garbage can lid and $.48 for 4' of sturdy cord.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by nicole___
1929Spanish-GW

I found a yard and a half of hand printed Schumacher fabric at my local thrift store for $3.00 it retails for $207/yd!

And a pair of $275 St John Sport jeans, new with tags on eBay for $29.

woot-woot

8 Likes Save     Thanked by nicole___
functionthenlook

Hubby built a breakfast bar on the opposite side of the kitchen peninsula at camp. Got a 5x 2 ft slab
of cherry wood, 2 legs and a ledger board cut to size and planed for only $20 at the local lumber yard.

3 Likes Save     Thanked by nicole___
abbisgram

Yes! Just happened to go in Lowe's as they were rolling out some washing machines to clear out. My niece and I ended up getting one for $150 each. She got a Maytag and I got a GE. We'd both been looking to replace our worn out, and too small machines but were disappointed with the Labor Day and Black Friday sales. I'm happy to have a bigger, more quiet machine. She says hers is a little noisy but for the price she paid she's not mad about it. LOL

4 Likes Save     Thanked by nicole___
bengardening

I went to dollar General and bought some crafting items for a penny apiece and I bought a pair of white denim capris at a thrift store for a quarter.

HamiltonGardener

Booking travel bargains. You can get some awesome high season deals for low season prices right now with no rebooking fees.

Pork prices are lower than usual. Ground pork, pork roasts, pork ribs, etc. I’ve been picking up great bargains and freezing them.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by nicole___
nicole___

1929Spanish....That fabric is BEAUTIFUL! I had to look up St John, great price!

Functionthenlook....you saved thousands with that project!

abbisgram.....Right place @ the right time! I hope you & your daughter enjoy the new washers. ☺ Cool!

bengardening.....pennies & .25 = almost free!

HamiltonGardener...Vacations & Pork. I didn't know...☺

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My $5 blinds. Total $15! This should keep the kittens OFF my curtains and OFF the window screens.

6 Likes Save    
murraysmom Zone 6a OH

I'm not sure about a bargain but I saw this large teapot on an online auction site. The bidding went higher than I wanted to pay but I really liked it so I went looking elsewhere. I found some on ebay and I bought this one. It's from 1850 Bennington Potters in Rockingham glaze. It has a couple of little chips but for something 170 years old, it is in great shape. It's called Rebekah at the Well. I got it for $50 including shipping.

happy2b…gw

Good finds! I "bought" a dress with Kohls' cash that I received when I purchased two items at a good price and really needed. I even had some Kohl's cash leftover.

satine100

I went looking at Goodwill today and found a file folder holder. I had been looking on Amz and they were around 16.00 and Goodwill's was 3.50. I was a happy camper.

nicole___

Murraysmom....A unique piece! It looks like a hefty piece of pottery that will hold the heat of a pot of tea.

happy2b......free clothes! I like that.

satine....It's cool you found what you were looking for, 80% less and not have to wait to order it.

1 Like Save    
Kathsgrdn

80% off a purse at an outlet mall today. I hadn't planned on buying anything was just killing time.

vgkg Z-7 Va

A couple of nice finds were an all metal old timey 2 gallon watering can with an intact spout (at an antique store it would be about $30+ bucks, but this one at Goodwill store was $3).

A stainless steel sink with built-in backsplash & ex-large basins for $100 (craigslist). These are normally in the thousand$ new. (not really recent).

It took some doing but it fit (minus one top drawer)

6 Likes Save     Thanked by nicole___
rob333 (zone 7a)

I refinanced my house, got a VERY minor raise at work, and for some really weird reason, my life insurance went down?! I'll take it. It's a several hundred dollar increase. Right? Someone who shares my house with me, mainly my child!, claimed all of last month's increase, and this month's too... So you'll have to ask them if they found any good deals recently. You can have kids or you can have money but you can't have both 😉

I can't wait to buy something fun for me!

6 Likes Save     Thanked by nicole___
nicole___

Kath.....The purse found you! ☺

vgkg....That's a really nice work area you created!

Rob.....Now's the perfect time to refinance a house. That song "Cats in the Craddle" comes to mind. "I've long since retired, my son's moved away I called him up just the other day.."

3 Likes Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Antiques 10 Tips for Scoring Deals at Estate Sales
An admitted estate sale junkie shares her secrets for finding treasures at bargain prices
Full Story
For Pros How to Help Clients Dealing With a Death, Divorce or Other Change
A general contractor, an interior designer and an organizer detail special process considerations for grieving clients
Full Story
Pets Dealing With Pet Messes: An Animal Lover's Story
Cat and dog hair, tracked-in mud, scratched floors ... see how one pet guardian learned to cope and to focus on the love
Full Story
We are a company that cares about our clients and the craftsmanship of the work we provide. Honesty, hard work,... Read More