Have YOU found any bargains or deals lately? Hhhhmmm........

nicole___

1) I found chicken breasts for .75lb

2) Two fringed infinity scarves $3 ea

3) 4 yards Sunbrella fabric for $11.95

Have YOU found any bargains or deals?

SaveComment22Like5
Comments (22)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
amylou321

Not me. But SO scored a rose bush for 2 dollars. It's a knock out, and as he really doesn't know that I am not a huge fan of knockouts, he bought it for me. It's pretty big, came in a 5 gallon pot. Needs a little (a lot) of love. I planted it yesterday. When we discover what color it is,I will have to get some more because one cannot just have one of these things. It might get lonely!

1 Like Save     Thanked by nicole___
nicole___

amy...I have 3! They're not my favorite either....but really.....very hardy! .....pretty

That's a GREAT deal!

Save    
pudgeder

Not knock outs but still a plant....

Years ago, I was able to retrieve from my late Grandmother's yard several plants. Specifically, Lily of the Valley. About the time they established, we built a barn and the concrete trucks & workers pretty much destroyed the area. All of my Lilies were wiped out. I've been looking to replace them but cheezes they are so expensive!

Most nurseries around here want $5 for 1 little pot! And online nurseries, they're just as pricey! Last week, I found an etsy seller that had 30 pips for $30!! They arrived Saturday and I can't wait to get them in the ground.

3 Likes Save     Thanked by nicole___
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I needed a big tote bag for a friend I am gathering together a chemo kit for. She will be starting chemo soon. I ordered a beautiful compassion throw, a really nice turban type hat made of soft bamboo fabric. A journal to write letters to her daughter. Lots of stuff she will need. Today I found a very nice, big tote priced for $29. Marked down to $5!

And I needed a laptop bag for my new chromebook. I got a brand new one by Samsonite for $6.

5 Likes Save     Thanked by nicole___
murraysmom Zone 6a OH

Nicole, do you have a project already lined up to use the fabric or is it for some future project? Lots of good deals gotten here.

cooper8828

Nicole, you always find the best deals. I want to go shopping with you!

2 Likes Save     Thanked by nicole___
nicole___

murraysmom....I'm a "Sunbrella" nut. :0) I'm recovering 2 outdoor chaise lounge cushions.

Hand forged lizard. $5. Found @ The Arc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cooper....Thanks! :0)

6 Likes Save    
Lars

The Sunbrella fabric I bought last week cost $20 a yard. We refinished some metal bar stools in our patio (four of them), but I only had time to reupholster one of the seats. I'll finish the job when we go back next month for my brother's birthday. The only deal I got on the fabric was what they called a jackpot or bonanza because I bought the end of the roll, and so instead of getting the two yards I ordered, I got 12" more - big deal! However it does give me enough leftover fabric to make some outdoor pillows.

Here's one bar stool, already upholstered:

On the left is my vanity stool and in the middle is another stool with a 25" seat height, which I reupholstered with free silk fabric that I had saved from work. This fabric was leftover from a client's upholstery job and had been abandoned. All three of these pieces are furniture that was left by the previous owner of the house. The metal bar stools were originally black, and we had to do massive work to sand down the old finish, but the stools were otherwise in very good shape and swivel nicely. I'm not sure what the other stool was for - it was left in the office, and since I had this fabric, I though I might as well reupholster it. I have enough of this fabric left over to make at least two good-sized indoor pillows. The silk fabric looks a lot better in person because of the way it catches the light at different angles.

I do find a lot of bargains at Cárdenas Market in Cathedral City. One dozen in-house made tamales cost $15.95 and large avocados were five for $3. They also sell their own guacamole, which is by far the best I've gotten in a store. I assume they use avocados that got ripe before they sold. Pretty much everything in this store is very inexpensive. One day I asked if they had any tomatoes, and they told me no, that tomatoes were too expensive, but I did find some there on Saturday.

4 Likes Save     Thanked by nicole___
jrb451

My wife purchased this hand carved Carter Hoffman UA mascot for $10 at a consignment flea market. I posted a picture on Instagram and have received many offers to purchase. The highest, $450, from the Carter Hoffman museum.

11 Likes Save     Thanked by nicole___
nicole___

pudgeder...OMG! Me too....I love Lily of the valley! Good find!

raven....The tote bag=labor of love. So sweet & thoughtful of you to do that! Samsonite....wow...that's a steal! A quality piece!

Lars....$20 a yard is a fantastic deal! Mine was from Fabric Guru. It won't arrive until Thursday. You lined up the pattern of circles nicely! Love silk fabric too. Trendy! Robin's egg blue will never go out of style. Tomato prices have doubled in the last week here. What's up with that?

jrb451......see now that's an expert at work. I'd have no idea what I was buying and it's REAL value. YOUR wife scored!!

3 Likes Save    
nicole___

60% off upholstery fabric from Joann's. I still thought it was a LOT! :0)

I covered these 4 dinette chair seats last week. Used Scotchguard on them.

Croscill Baron waste basket. India Ink kleenex box cover. Linen shade lamp. $6 for ALL 3! From The ARC Thrift store.

3 Likes Save    
DawnInCal

I haven't scored any deals lately, but I very much enjoy reading about all of your scores. Great work, everyone!

abbisgram

Bought a nightstand for $10 yesterday at Habitat ReStore. Needs a drawer slide replaced. I plan to paint. I rarely find anything when I go there.

jewels_ks

The other day some used laminate must have fallen off of a truck so me and my son went and picked some up. Some of it is cracked but I am going to try and paint them and make signs out of them. They were free, I have lots of paint so the only cost will be the vinyl or stencils use.

Kathsgrdn

Free Kirkland paper towel pack with a coupon Costco sent me. I only use them to clean up dog accidents these days so I don't use much. Giving a few to my daughter and I guess the rest will last a year or two. $4.99 huge roasted chicken (froze half of it), Kroger's would be $4 or $5 more.

I found some nice towels there too, huge, soft ones for $7.99 each. I ended up putting them back because I didn't really like the color.

Had some coupons for $6 and $8 off things like meat and garbage bags so I stocked up. I hope the bags are strong. I only like Glad brand. The kitchen bags I normally use were scarce a couple months ago, not sure why. I finally found some somewhere but willing to try another brand. We'll see.

WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a

Kathsgrdn, a question, please. I have shopped at Costco for years and have never received or seen a coupon for Costco. How do you get coupons for Costco, please.

Save     Thanked by nicole___
Michael

Vanguard 500 Index Admiral Fund is down $37.50 per share. Great bargain! :)

2 Likes Save     Thanked by nicole___
nicole___

Michael.......that's called a "falling knife" play. Buy now and it could go lower.

Save    
Michael

Michael.......that's called a "falling knife" play. Buy now and it could go lower.

Of course it will drift a bit lower. I'll exchange and buy more. Keep an eye on it for me. :)

Kathsgrdn

Walnutcreek, they mailed them to me a couple weeks after I got my membership. Today they sent me a $60 gift card to use in their store because I got the executive membership, which paid for the extra cost of this card.

lisa_fla

I bought a $500 Lowe’s GC for $425 at Dollar General. It’s was 15% off. Actually it was $419 because their Saturday $6 off when you spend $25 came off too.

nicole___

lisa...that's great! Never shopped @ Dollar General before.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Decorating Guides 10 Tips for Scoring Deals at Estate Sales
An admitted estate sale junkie shares her secrets for finding treasures at bargain prices
Full Story
For Pros How to Help Clients Dealing With a Death, Divorce or Other Change
A general contractor, an interior designer and an organizer detail special process considerations for grieving clients
Full Story
Pets Dealing With Pet Messes: An Animal Lover's Story
Cat and dog hair, tracked-in mud, scratched floors ... see how one pet guardian learned to cope and to focus on the love
Full Story
Whether you're interested in energy efficiency or an architectural renovation our wide selection of replacement... Read More