SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicole___

Have you found any bargains or deals lately? February edition.

nicole___
last year
last modified: last year

I got a used Maytag dryer, the BIG one, 29" 9.2 cu, with steam...FREE on CL. The owner tried selling it with a burned out heating element. Listed for a month, no takers. I offered to haul it off for her. The heating element is $21. New/$1190. Link I already picked up the matching washer 6 months ago. This set my husband washes & dries shop rags with in the garage, unless a rental needs one.

************************Have YOU found any bargains or deals?******************

Comments (56)

• 1929Spanish-GW
    last year

Thanks @teeda. We're replacing the dining room cabinet with a smaller one, so DH said pick anything for extra storage! heeheehee

nicole___ thanked 1929Spanish-GW
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    last year

@1929Spanish-GW...A picture says a thousand words.....utterly GORGEOUS!

@Alisande..Hobbies are worth every penny! Great job on getting a deal!

@Yayagal....Nice rugs are hard to come by. Pottery Barn rocks!

🧡🧡 🧡 🧡 🧡 🧡 🧡 🧡 🧡 🧡 🧡 🧡 🧡🧡

• Related Discussions

Have YOU found any deals or bargains lately? Hhhhmmmmmm............?

Q

Comments (79)
    Me either, functionthenlook. The woman who sold it said she didn't use it because she is a "from scratch baker" and had no use for it. I took that to mean there may be a school of thought out there that bread made in a bread machine doesn't count as homemade. I like to bake things like pita bread, English muffins, pizza dough, dinner rolls and hamburger buns. Looking into the future, I see the machine as being a huge time saver when it comes to mixing, kneading and proofing the dough for me. My first loaf is rising and it's looking pretty good!
    ...See More

Have YOU found any bargains or deals lately? Hhhhhmmmmmm.......?

Q

Comments (45)
    I just took advantage of this deal from No7 (Boots--a company in the UK). I've bought their skin creams before, including this one, so when I heard about this set of three face creams--day, night, and serum--I ordered it as a gift for my daughter. List price was $77.99, reduced to $58.49. The price using the BRADSYS code was $30 shipped. Good deal! You can find it here
    ...See More

Have YOU found any bargains or deals lately? Hhhhhhmmmmm...........?

Q

Comments (29)
    Nicole_ That was a great deal! I have a couple of different colors (pink, white, and pale yellow) of those tree lilies (Orienpet lilies). They will grow taller every year, and they certainly do get to 10+ feet tall after several years. Once they approach that height, it is a good idea to stake them, as they will tend to lean with the weight of the large flowers. The tallest one in this photo is just topping 8 foot They also reproduce, unless you deadhead them. I let them, and so now I have a little lily forest in one corner. What colors did you get? I would have liked a purple, but never managed to get that color on sale.
    ...See More

Have YOU found any bargains or deals lately....?

Q

Comments (55)
    I get it Funky. What I like about this one is that it is a stretched canvas, no glass, which keeps it simpler. It's going into a small upstairs bedroom that has the original 1910 stained wood beadboard, so I think a poster size print will bring a pop to the walls without needing anything else. We'll see!
    ...See More
  • Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    last year

I bought some awesome final sale corduroy pants so they had to fit!

nicole___ thanked Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
  • Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    last year

Alisande, I have a dear friend who is a ham radio aficionado and his front yard is .... interesting! I have helped pull up some big towers.

• jill302
    last year

@1929Spanish-GW - Just beautiful, lovely piece of furniture.

@Yayagal - Great deal, pretty rug.

@nicole___ - Good find on dryer, it pays to be knowledgeable on fixing a dryer.

nicole___ thanked jill302
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    last year

I'm freezing. I needed a long coat to keep my legs warm. This is 100% wool. Made in the USA, Boston Forecaster. $17. Link to new ones, mine was from a thrift store. Link to a size 8

@Bumblebeez SC Zone 7....An amazing fit!

• teeda
    last year

Beautiful coat! $17?!! Wow.

nicole___ thanked teeda
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    last year

@teeda....Thanks! I was watching Sarah Richardson, she's in Canada....and owns one of these coats in every color & combination! Plaid. Canary yellow! Bright blue. I'm starting my collection. 😂

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    last year

Nicole, where did you get the coat?

• 1929Spanish-GW
    last year

@wildchild2x2 hands down, you are the winner!!!!!

• teeda
    last year

wildchild, how wonderful! Best wishes to you all!

nicole___ thanked teeda
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    last year

@wildchild2x2...OMG! Precious X 2!💕

@Bumblebeez SC Zone 7...There's an ARC Thrift store....across from Home Depot, down the street from Safeway. So it's right on MY way to just stop in. Saturday is half off everything: The coat would have been $8.50, and there would have been a line waiting for the store to open. They are in a "high end" neighborhood, newish homes. The place is packed. Checkout lines weave through the store. If I see something I want.....there's someone standing behind me...waiting to see if I buy it...🙃 Today/Friday, the .99cent sweater sale starts. ANY sweater....cashmere....mohair....designer names....ALL .99cents! I own a pink mohair sweater because of THIS sale.....they have it every year, 😍

• Alisande
    last year

Beautiful dogs, Wildchild!

Nicole, your coat reminds me of a long, black wool Evan-Picone coat I bought about 25 years ago. It was lined in B&W houndstooth check wool. I still have it. I paid $50 for it--at the Salvation Army. The coat remains to this day my most expensive thrift shop clothing purchase.

nicole___ thanked Alisande
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    last year

@Alisande...It's pretty nice. It feels like quality! I plan on wearing it today, it's windy & below freezing. I'll be warm all the way to my toes in it. 🔥

• gsciencechick
    last year

A new used car! 2021 Subaru Outback XT Touring edition! Just took delivery yesterday. Used car prices are coming down. I’ve wanted this color combo for years.

I was watching the Today Show this morning and really liked Savannah’s turtleneck. Crazy you can easily find what it was, Veronica Beard Cedar turtleneck in oxblood, and they had it in my size on clearance for $80! It is normally $200.

nicole___ thanked gsciencechick
  • Alisande
    last year

Gsciencechick, I'm jealous! That is my ideal car color, AND I want a somewhat used Outback. I have a 2011 Outback Limited that I'd planned to replace in 2020, but then came the pandemic. You did good!

• gsciencechick
    last year

@Alisande, thanks! I had a 2010 3.6 Limited with 140,000 miles! Same thing. I planned to buy in 2020 when I got my promotion, but have held off because of inventory shortage and pricing. It has the beautiful Java Brown interior. I saw one last week at my dealership but not at the location closest to my house. So, as we were heading out Saturday to test drive and likely buy, the sales agent texted it was sold. This happened to me when I was shopping for the previous car. Someone else got to the first one before I did. So, we saw online there was an identical one including mileage and price at a Dodge/Jeep dealership about an hour away, so since we were already dressed and ready to go, we just drove up there. Didn't call; just arrived at the dealership to prevent some sales person from saying I was coming up to see it to another customer. It wasn't even washed or anything but I could see it was a gem. They gave me a decent amount on my trade and even delivered it to my house. And they have NO additional fees.

• nicole___
    Original Author
    last year

@gsciencechick...THAT is a really nice car! Love the color! Our friends have one on order. She's fretting over the driver assist features & adaptive cruise control. She didn't even test drive it, her husband did ....😂 I said I wanted a ride in it when she gets it...she said it may be awhile before she gets over being afraid of it. They got white. And.....your turtleneck was a deal too!

• gsciencechick
    last year

Here is the interior 😍

• nicole___
    Original Author
    last year

@gsciencechick....Ooooooh.....that's LUXURY! A Recaro leather seat for the driver! Lucky YOU! Your leather looks so pretty. Nice! Subaru did a really good job outfitting that car! Gorgeous! Enjoy!

****I did a little more research on my wool coat. It says the suggested retail price is $440...and someone on Ebay is selling ones new. Link

• gsciencechick
    last year

Oh yeah I’ve been a little nervous about the huge difference in tech, but it really isn’t that bad so far. The huge infotainment screen is fairly intuitive.

• dedtired
    last year

Nice, Gscience! One of my favorite all time cars was my Subaru wagon from back in the 1980s. It was a dark purpley brown, like cordovan leather. It had a third headlight between the usual two that could be retracted. Now i drive the most boring car in the world, a silver Hinda Accord, but it is so reliable, just like Subarus. Enjoy your new ride!

nicole___ thanked dedtired
  • 1929Spanish-GW
    last year

^^I had a 1985 four door Subaru sedan. Totally stripped down basic. Didn’t even have air conditioning, but it DID have a hill-holder on the clutch. I loved that car.

• terezosa / terriks
    last year

I pre-ordered a new phone on the Samsung website and used the Rakuten extension for rebates. I will get $800 in bill credits from T-mobile, and my Rakuten rebate is $180! That makes the total price of the phone only $220. I also got some free accessories by purchasing on the Samsung site rather than from T-mobile, and a memory upgrade for pre-ordering - 512GB instead of 256GB.

nicole___ thanked terezosa / terriks
  • teeda
    last year

Teroza, I just saw an ad for Rakuten. Do you get a lot of use with it?

nicole___ thanked teeda
  • lisa_fla
    last year

Trivial compared to the rest LOL

nicole___ thanked lisa_fla
  • terezosa / terriks
    last year

I've been using Rakuten since it was Ebates. It's an extension on my Chrome browser. Every time that I'm on a site that offers rebates through Rakuten there's a pop up asking if I want to activate the rebate.

I've had hundreds of dollars in rebates over the years. Usually just a few dollars. This rebate from my Samsung order is the largest I've ever received.

nicole___ thanked terezosa / terriks
  • OutsidePlaying
    last year

You all have found some great bargains. Nicole, you are the champion! I’m glad you start these threads because it encourages me to dig a little deeper in looking for bargains.

Love your new ride, gscience. And those pups, wildchild! Spanish, I know you are loving that hutch. Yaya, my DD bought a similar new rug at PB recently!

I don’t know if it was a real bargain, but I bought this lamp at the pre-estate sale at my dear deceased friend’s house a few weeks ago. Her DD had a few of her friends come by to select some things before the real sale started. We all really just wanted a remembrance of some sort of her. I also ended up with a wooden spoon and a couple of other small items too.

nicole___ thanked OutsidePlaying
  • gsciencechick
    last year

My original Subaru Forester 2003 was also a manual with the hill holder, and I missed that car for a year! It was also a plain jane no heated seats, etc., but it was so zippy and all models have AWD. DH didn't like driving the manual, but I bought it new and it went to almost 150,000 when the head gasket went. Then I bought the white Outback that I had until now that was at something like 139,800 miles.

Dedtired, DH is on his third Honda Accord, so you can see a pattern here, LOL. But he also has the touring edition with all the bells and whistles.

• nicole___
    Original Author
    last year

@terezosa / terriks...Rakuten sounds awesome! What a nice deal you got!

@lisa_fla....Any savings on a product you have to have is a "good" deal. No reason to give your money away. Awesome find!

@OutsidePlaying...Thanks! I love hearing about what everyones finding...and it always surprises me at how many DEALS we've ALL found. That's a beautiful lamp and a nice way to remember your friend. So cool!

• Alisande
    last year

OutsidePlaying, you've given me an idea. One of my closest friends will soon be downsizing in preparation for moving to an independent-living facility. She wants me to come over and pick something of hers to keep for myself. She has a lot of lovely artwork on her walls, and she's mentioned those and her collection of teapots. But I have a lot of artwork on my walls too, and really don't need more. In fact, at my age I have thoughts of weeding out my "stuff" to lighten the eventual burden on my children. I'd rather not add something that's purely decorative. But your photo made me realize that I could really use a charming, functional bedroom lamp, and I would think of my friend often as I use it. We'll see how this goes . . .

Gsciencechick's beautiful car has had me browsing the websites of dealers again. Still a very poor selection of late-model Outbacks. Some have none. They're all pushing brand new vehicles. A complication is that my 2011 Outback has only 60,000+ miles on it because I drive it only in the cold months. So I'm looking for something with much lower miles. That didn't used to be difficult, but people have been holding on to their cars longer in recent years.

• LoneJack Zn 6a, KC
    last year

Chicken wings seem to be coming down in price of late. I bought about 10 lbs. last week on sale for $1.79/lb. Grilling them up today for a big game.

We are having 2 cows butchered in a couple weeks. We pay 70 cents per pound hanging weight for the processing. If you don't count the cost to feed the critters, our finished beef will cost us about $1.10/lb. If you include the cost of feeding it is probably around $3.50/lb. We've never sold any of the beef before but we are selling the beef from one of the cows this year for $2.60/lb hanging weight. We are also selling three 6 - month old feeder calves this year at the livestock auction. That should bring in around $5K total to pay for future feed.

nicole___ thanked LoneJack Zn 6a, KC
  • maire_cate
    last year

Another fan of Rakuten - I just checked my account because I was curious how much I have earned. I joined in 2018 and I've received checks totaling $1261.66. My account is also an extension on my browser so anytime I click on a site I get a little pop-up showing how much cash back I could get on a purchase. Another feature is cash back on in-store purchases but you have to sign up for that online ahead of time.

nicole___ thanked maire_cate
  • gsciencechick
    last year

I have only recently started to see an uptick In used Outback inventory as well as prices more reasonable. There will be more coming off leases, too. This one has 30,000 miles. OTOH, if you want to order new, you will wait 1-3 months. They might be able to find one in their network, too. I do not care for the cladding on the 2023 so I’m glad I wound up with 2021.

We grilled wings in the Weber charcoal grill yesterday because it’s raining all day. We cooked them on direct heat, rolled them in wing sauce and put them back on indirect heat.

• chisue
    last year

Minor 'deal': Chicken thighs for 99 cents a pound at local grocer. I can't remember when I last bought chicken breast. We like the dark meat better.

What on earth does it mean when chicken parts are advertised as "cut by hand". There's another way?

nicole___ thanked chisue
  • carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    last year

Ha! I'll bet that's just nonsense, chisue - like companies that put 'gluten free' on labels for things like shampoo.

Speaking of chicken, Aldi here has organic chicken wings for $3.79/lb. this week, and I bought all one store had yesterday - 4 pkgs. I can never find fresh organic wings around here. Trader Joe's has frozen ones, but they're not that great.

I remember when I was a poor student, wings were something I bought often because they were the cheapest meat - no more!

nicole___ thanked carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    last year

@gsciencechick & @chisue...YUM! Chicken prices have been going up. Good deals!

@LoneJack Zn 6a, KC...WOW! You made a ton of money there! And...the beef prices on what you kept is a great deal too! 🎀

• bengardening
    last year

mine is just a small one, We went to DG last week and they had all of their Christmas things for 10 cents, We bought 11 Betty Crocker cinnamon cake mixes and 11 Betty Crocker cinnamon frosting mixes for 10 cents each, I thought they wouldnt be on sale but they were on the table. So I asked the clerk and she said 10 centsl They werent expire either. We all love cinnamon and we are going to donate some to the food pantry,

nicole___ thanked bengardening
  • hhireno
    last year

@carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b Gluten can be in shampoos and other products. A celiac isn't eating it, of course, but many are still extremely cautious and totally avoid gluten. I think some skin conditions like eczema can be irritated by gluten, so those people also need to know if a product has gluten.

nicole___ thanked hhireno
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    last year

I went to the thrift store and JCP with coupons. Little boots by J Adams/Theo $5.50. Vase = .99cents, Sango Nova soup mugs, $1.99ea.

• hcbm
    last year

I went to a new-to-me Goodwill Store and bought 7 brand nwt tops. They were from my go-to brands, Talbots, Lands End, Jones of NY, and LL Beans. It felt like I hit the jackpot at $5.99 each and an additional 10% discount.

nicole___ thanked hcbm
  • Jane Tobin
    last year

Stopped by the local Salvation Army thrift store to look for "vintage" wine or highball glasses that my daughter wants for her wedding. No luck there but on my way out, they had a table of Hoka shoes for 59.99. I texted my RN daughter who wears these shoes exclusively for work. She routinely pays almost 200.00/pair. She was over the moon to see them brand new at such a bargain price. There was only one pair in her size, but she was delighted with my find. They are brand new.

nicole___ thanked Jane Tobin
  • nekotish
    last year

@bragu_DSM 5 If that is in response to the shoes I bought, I have no idea what you mean. That is the problem with the written word.

• nicole___
    Original Author
    last year

@nekotish...bragu just means they did not find any bargains. bragu likes seeing what the rest of us purchased....and letting us know they'd post something if they could.

• salonva
    last year

Well those Hokas are an amazing deal!

nicole___ thanked salonva
  • nekotish
    last year

Oh thanks @nicole___I thought maybe the shoes were the issue. Phewww

nicole___ thanked nekotish
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    last year

I found grey cotton leggings, end-of-the-season sale for $1 ea. I purchased 2 pairs! ❤️It was tempting not to buy ALL they had.

@nekotish...the shoes were a killer deal! ❤️ That's da bomb!

• salonva
    last year

I found one pair of Hokas today at TJ Maxx. They were 9 1/2 ( I am usually an 8 1/2 or 9) . I tried them on and they were actually pretty comfy.........but they were blue and orange and $79.99.

I think if they looked a bit more "normal" I might have bought them. I want to be able to wear sneakers with a little nicer outfit ( like I was wearing today, for when we travel.... still casual but a step up from gym clothes).. These really looked like clown shoes on me and for the price, I just couldn't. But I was excited to see them in TJM.

I would have been happy with the ones Jane shared above. These were like medium blue with orange flames. oh well.

• Jane Tobin
    last year

They do tend to be a bit wild for me in terms of colour but my daughter doesn't mind. She did just order a pair of white/cream ones for an upcoming trip.