SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicole___

Have YOU found any deals or bargains lately? Hhhhmmmmmm............?

nicole___
4 years ago

We made a haul from the ARC Thrift store, after shopping @ Furniture Row where real wood nightstands can run $1000ea, Omish made. I settled for a pair of these, $15ea. The tops are inlaid burlwood. I'm tempted to paint them, but the burlwood stops me....maybe later...lol

A kitty scratch scroll/hanging feather toy underneath $3.50, movie "RED"(I own RED 2, LOVE this movie) $1.50 and.....a Ryobi hedge trimmer $10!

What bargains or deals have YOU found lately?

Comments (79)

• DawnInCal
    4 years ago

Nice find, nicole!

It looks as though the cat approves too!

While I haven't commented on all of the finds that have been posted, I have enjoyed reading about all of your deals and bargains. Keep up the good work!

nicole___ thanked DawnInCal
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I used a $10 off $10 coupon @ JCP. Spent $32, saved $110! Then went online, Spent $8, saved $49.

I have a spare $10/off $10 online coupon if anyone can use it. Code= Book7 285722331 expires 10/20/19

• Related Discussions

Have you found any deals or bargains lately? Hhhhhhmmmmm............

Q

Comments (36)
    Amazon prime days got a waterpik at 56 % off. Went to a garage sale down the road yesterday. Lady just wanted to get rid of her late hording husband's things. Got two new large fall wreaths with tags marked $50 each for $2 each, 33 pieces of slate for $5, and two new pkgs of Christmas boxes for free.
    ...See More

Have YOU found any bargains or deals lately? Hhhhhmmmm........

Q

Comments (43)
    I was actually astounded at that, nicole___! But I have another similar story to caflowerluver's: (I may have posted this already) a neighbor put a newish looking dryer at the curb and posted it on the neighborhood FB page that it needed a new heating element. They didn't want to bother with having it fixed (she told me when I messaged her) and just bought a new one. So another neighbor helped me get it home. I bought a new element on Amazon for $25, installed it in less than an hour (the hardest part was getting a couple of screws unscrewed) and now I have replaced my 30 some years old reliable, no frills Whirlpool with this $1000 bells & whistles version. I just hope none of the other electronics fail such that I regret letting that Whirlpool go. Oh, my favorite bargain: a very very good condition, used, soft leather, deep teal (discontinued color) The Sak cross body purse for $10 on Poshmark.
    ...See More

Have YOU found any bargains or deals lately?

Q

Comments (145)
    I meant to share this earlier- it's just a super handy dandy thingy that I found at the Dollar Tree ( so it is now $1.25) I keep my charging cables in here and can always find them easily. I keep it in my purse on a daily basis and when we traveled it was just so handy. All patterns and a few different shapes. Mine is about 2 1/2 or 3 inches square. and open- (it also has a net pocket inside. Gotta love it.
    ...See More

Have YOU found any bargains or deals lately....?

Q

Comments (55)
    I get it Funky. What I like about this one is that it is a stretched canvas, no glass, which keeps it simpler. It's going into a small upstairs bedroom that has the original 1910 stained wood beadboard, so I think a poster size print will bring a pop to the walls without needing anything else. We'll see!
    ...See More
  • socks
    4 years ago

Got these dolls for $10 Each this morning at a fundraiser. Not sure if it’s a deal but I’m happy. I’ll clean them up for my granddaughter.

nicole___ thanked socks
  • functionthenlook
    4 years ago

This isn't a new buy, but a new discovery. Years ago I picked up a little back evening purse at a garage or church sale. We go to balls once or twice a year. I know I didn't pay over $5 for it. And never used it till last week. When I opened it up i found it was a purse by Judith Leiber. I couldn't find the exact purse online , but her vintage purse start at $200 and up.

nicole___ thanked functionthenlook
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Purchased a pair of Kirkland & a pair of Wrangler jeans for $5 each. A piece of silk screened fabric for $1.50. I'll make decorative zippered pillow covers out of it. 18" x 18". Then I had 3 $10 off $30 coupons I used to buy 11 new smoke detectors. The cashier gave me $34.97 off instead of $30....? YAY! Then purchased a 42" x 22" granite counter top for $35 @ The Restore. Local granite shops have a $650 minimum to make a counter top. Matches the kitchen island in the next room over. I figure I saved $615!

• kadefol
    4 years ago

I envy those of you with great thrift stores. Around here they mostly have stuff that you really wouldn't even want for free.

nicole___ thanked kadefol
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I purchased these grey fleece bed sheets, on a Kohl's end-of-the-season clearance last June. WOW! Put them on the bed yesterday and ..... LOVE them! Slept better, no waking up! Kohl's has them on sale!

• grammaj_gw
    4 years ago

We just received those same sheets in a different pattern nicole___. Got them on a great sale too and hope we love them as much as you do. They feel great and sooo soft!

nicole___ thanked grammaj_gw
  • Alisande
    4 years ago

I'm intrigued . . . I've never used even a small percentage of polyester in my sheets, and my first thought about the fleece is they would be way too hot. But the reviews are persuasive, as are the posts here. Plus it isn't even winter yet, but I've found I sleep better (in my unheated bedroom) if I keep the electric foot warmer turned on low all night. Maybe if I had these sheets I wouldn't need the warmer.

nicole___ thanked Alisande
  • Kathsgrdn
    4 years ago

45% off winter coats. Bought one for my kids too. They then sent me a coupon for 50% off. I have nothing else to buy from them, though.

nicole___ thanked Kathsgrdn
  • socks
    4 years ago

I got a groupon for Harry & David pears. I think it's still available.

nicole___ thanked socks
  • eld6161
    4 years ago

Kaths, I have sometimes called and complained when I have gotten a coupon right after a big purchase and the coupon has a short quick turn around. One of my pet peeves.

nicole___ thanked eld6161
  • Kathsgrdn
    4 years ago

Eld6161, I'm okay with it since I sent my e-mail address because they were offering 45% off if you did. The coupon never showed until I bought the first items, which I got at 40% off. When the coupon came I sent an e-mail asking if I could use it for the previous order and they refunded me the 5%. I also used the 45% off for another order.

nicole___ thanked Kathsgrdn
  • kadefol
    4 years ago

Minor bargain, but I am happy. :) Have been lusting for Zoya nail polishes "Briar" and "Etta". But they run $10 each plus shipping, so I decided to wait and see if they have any Black Friday specials. Turns out they do, until 11/30 you get 2 polishes for free, you just pay shipping. So I am getting both for $6.95 instead of $26.95.

• nicole___
    Original Author
    4 years ago

For tomorrow/Black Friday. Most items you can buy online and have a week to pick it up:

The laser printer we're buying is by Brother. HL-L2320D-US. Available "here" @ Staples for $39.99. Other Black Friday deals: Kohl's has small appliances for $2.41each and an Echo Dot 3rd generation/Alexa speaker......$22.

• desertsteph
    4 years ago

kadefol - is it the zoya site that has them on sale? do they show the colors w/names?

nicole___ thanked desertsteph
  • kadefol
    4 years ago

desertsteph, yes, the sale is at zoya.com. The discount code is right on the front page. And they do show the colors and names, just click on the "nail polish" link on the top of the page. They have 400 colors, I am glad I already knew what I wanted. :)

• desertsteph
    4 years ago

thx kadefol. I've been wanting to get new polish. I've thrown out all of my old stuff - I know it was more than 10 yrs old! but I haven't gotten out to look for new in the colors I like. I'll take another look on that site - I just scanned on the page and missed seeing those. so much on it to take in!

• Alisande
    4 years ago

Nicole, what did you mean by available "here" @ Staples? Just your local Staples? I see the Staples online price as $79.99, which is $10 more than Amazon's. I'd like to get that printer too!

• nicole___
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Alisande...Jasdip was interested, on another thread. Canada price? IDK

Here is the advertisement for Black Friday @ Staples Here in the US. $39.99.

• desertsteph
    4 years ago

kadefol - the code shows up when I use the link in your post above. it doesn't on their site when I use google to find them. I'll probably order 2 tomorrow. I'm not sure about the colors just seeing them online but 1 of the 2 should be fine and if one isn't what I like i'll give it to my sister. she changes colors all of the time!

• Alisande
    4 years ago

Thanks, Nicole! I'll plan to order it.

• kadefol
    4 years ago

Desertsteph, that's weird, their official website is zoya.com
    and the code should display on their site regardless where you access
    from.

I usually google swatches of whichever nail polish color I am
    interested in. Quite a few nail polish blogs have photos of various
    polishes in natural light, indoors, etc. so you get a better idea what
    it looks like.

• DawnInCal
    4 years ago

Thanks, nicole. Hubby is looking for a laptop. I sent him the link so he can check it out.

• desertsteph
    4 years ago

kadefol - thx for the tip. I picked out a few colors and will google them by name before I order. I thought it weird too that the code didn't show up which is why I then used your link to 'see' what you were seeing. surprised they were different. what was on there from your link would be really hard to miss!

• Alisande
    4 years ago

Reporting in on my way to bed . . . I stayed up till midnight to order the Brother printer. Got it--and it ships free. Thanks, Nicole!

• nicole___
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Dawn...hope he finds a good deal!

Alisande.....Cool!....me too! Ordered it and a Dot. Free delivery to the house....bonus! Your welcome!

We still plan on eating @ noon, then going to Office Depot, they have BIG packages of Duracell batteries, you get the FULL price back in points to spend in the store. JCP @ 2pm gives away $10-$500 off coupons. DH's coworkers go. It's the only time we see their whole family, catch up. It's fun!

• jewels_ks
    4 years ago

Walmart was offering an Apple Watch Series 3 for $129. I knew it would be hard to get last night, but I never even saw the price drop from $199 to $129. Then I looked at Target for the watch at $169. Its not available at my local store, its available across town, but you are unable to order it online in silver, but you can in black....grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

nicole___ thanked jewels_ks
  • DawnInCal
    4 years ago

nicole, he ordered a new laptop at midnight (east coast time). $399 off and free shipping! Thanks again for posting the link!

• kadefol
    4 years ago

desertsteph, glad you are able to use the code. The googling colors is really helpful, has saved me from a few ordering mistakes. :)

• socks
    4 years ago

Lands End has some nice values today. Those cash touch scarves are really nice.

nicole___ thanked socks
  • Alisande
    4 years ago

Sierra Trading Post has free shipping today. The code is CYBERMON.

• raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    4 years ago

Not too glamorous, but.... I got insulation to add to my attic (R-25, unfaced, 18 foot long rolls which is the perfect length!) not only on sale, but with a rebate that brings the cost down to $5 per roll!! So the entire attic will have the insulation increased by about 40% for only $65. This store (Menard's) also had fleece lined tights for $2, , slouch knit hats and Sherpa lined slipper socks for $4, and 1 quart glass storage jars with lids for $0.99 (after rebate).

Also I got a new pair of $135 running shoes for $49 - last years model, in an ugly color, but I don't care about that!

nicole___ thanked raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
  • yeonassky
    4 years ago

Got this at the local value village for $40. Love the detail everywhere including on the top of this nightstand. Also it's unique curvy design.

nicole___ thanked yeonassky
  • wildchild2x2
    4 years ago

Not really a purchase but a service. Just found out the extremely reasonable quote for installing a filtration system includes the labor and material to extend the new line to the kitchen for a pot filler and the fridge. I thought we would have to hire a separate plumber to finish the job so I am a happy camper.

nicole___ thanked wildchild2x2
  • DawnInCal
    4 years ago

Love reading about all of the bargains and great finds here.

Checking in to report that hubby's new laptop arrived yesterday. It's a beauty - weighs just over four pounds which will be nice for hubby when we're hauling our carry ons thru airports. It appears there is going to be a bit of a learning curve, but that'll be good exercise for his brain. :-)

• nicole___
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I wore my new JC Penney leggings. $3.74 They're still on sale, see link...if YOU would like to order a few. I also purchased a long cowl neck shirt to wear with them. $11.10 Also a GREAT fit! My hubby got the men's Puffer vest & the insulated gloves

We had several $10 off coupons......which helped the prices! Almost free!

• Alisande
    4 years ago

From JC Penney on Cyber Monday I got flannel sheets and a toy for one of my grandsons. Later that evening I went to Target.com to see if No 7 Lift & Luminate night cream was on sale. It wasn't much of a sale, so I skipped that face cream but ordered two others: Ceravé Skin Renewing Night Cream, which I like a lot, and a pinkish-tinted Neutrogena that I haven't tried. I also got this blanket on Target's website for $24.

Gonna go check out your links, Nicole, now that you got me a printer. :-)

• loonlakelaborcamp
    4 years ago

I cruised the Walmart website and found a dozen quality thinsulate gloves, normally $28.00 for only $10.00. Great score for our group's homeless shelter drive. Got lots of $17 sherpa lined knit stocking for $5. Clearance sales are a great way to stretch donation dollars!

nicole___ thanked loonlakelaborcamp
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Here's a "do-not-bother" buying warning. I purchased this "real" diamond ring @ JC Penny's and the rhodium plating is starting to come off in just a few days. It was a Black Friday deal for $20. You get what you pay for ....in this case! I'll try to return it.

• DawnInCal
    4 years ago

That bites, nicole. At least you aren't out much money.

• DawnInCal
    4 years ago

Hubby was checking out our local FB buy/sell page and came across a Zojirushi bread machine listed at $50. This particular model is $300+ new. I've always wanted to play around with a bread machine so we contacted the seller and bought it. It looks like it has never been used. I'm a happy camper and if I decide a bread machine isn't my thing I doubt I'll have any trouble selling it.

• Rose Pekelnicky
    4 years ago

Dawn, I have that exact bread machine and love it. I did pay close to $300 for mine.

nicole___ thanked Rose Pekelnicky
  • nicole___
    Original Author
    4 years ago

People who own a Zojirushi lovingly call them Zo's. Dawn your gonna LOVE your new machine! I also have one. Mines all white. The model before yours. It's simply A M A Z I N G! I've been singing it's praises for years!

I returned the ring. No money was lost. :0)

• DawnInCal
    4 years ago

Rose and nicole, thank you! I know very little about bread machines and both of you have confirmed that we got a great deal. I'm going to make a loaf of basic white bread tonight for two reasons: 1. I just can't wait to play with this new toy. 2. I want to taste some bread warm out of the oven tonight! :-)

• functionthenlook
    4 years ago

I don't understand why people don't use their bread machine. I am on my 2nd one and both were preowned. You could of fooled me that they were ever used. I mostly mix dough in mine. I like to make brown and serve rolls and freeze them. I also use it to make cinnamon roll dough.

nicole___ thanked functionthenlook
  • DawnInCal
    4 years ago

Me either, functionthenlook. The woman who sold it said she didn't use it because she is a "from scratch baker" and had no use for it. I took that to mean there may be a school of thought out there that bread made in a bread machine doesn't count as homemade.

I like to bake things like pita bread, English muffins, pizza dough, dinner rolls and hamburger buns. Looking into the future, I see the machine as being a huge time saver when it comes to mixing, kneading and proofing the dough for me.

My first loaf is rising and it's looking pretty good!

• breenthumb
    4 years ago

My MIL counted it as homemade bread, and if she did, anyone would. :-)

nicole___ thanked breenthumb
  • ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    4 years ago

I got a new Lenovo chromebook it's a flip model with touchscreen so it can be a laptop or a tablet it was on sale for $179 but I found a coupon and got it for $139 I picked it up at the store love it !

nicole___ thanked ravencajun Zone 8b TX