Have YOU found any deals or bargains lately? Hhhhmmmmmm............?

nicole___

We made a haul from the ARC Thrift store, after shopping @ Furniture Row where real wood nightstands can run $1000ea, Omish made. I settled for a pair of these, $15ea. The tops are inlaid burlwood. I'm tempted to paint them, but the burlwood stops me....maybe later...lol

A kitty scratch scroll/hanging feather toy underneath $3.50, movie "RED"(I own RED 2, LOVE this movie) $1.50 and.....a Ryobi hedge trimmer $10!

What bargains or deals have YOU found lately?

SaveComment79Like4
Comments (79)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
two25acres

I do the shopgoodwill.com auction, not always good deals especially when you factor in the shipping but there are deals to be had and I scored on mens tactical pants. They had lots of 5 pairs of the pants on auction, I scored 5 at $20.99 plus shipping. All told, $41.00 for 5 pairs of mens tactical pants with the original tags that run$78 per pair. Hubby drives motorcoach bus and these won't stretch out and wrinkle plus they have lots of pockets for his meds, his phone etc. For myself, a new with tag pair of red ugg shoes. $21.99 and 01. cents for shipping. I've never had uggs so I was very happy.

1 Like Save     Thanked by nicole___
Marilyn_Sue

I bought two half bushels of apples, Gala and Johnathan for $,50 a pound.

Sue

3 Likes Save     Thanked by nicole___
DawnInCal

I love hearing about the bargains people find!

Nice tables, nicole. It usually pains me when real wood is painted over, but in this case, perhaps you could paint everything but the burl inlays. That might look kinda cool.

I bought an end table at a thrift store for $10. I liked the style and it has a slate inlay on the tabletop that I thought was a nice touch. A few days later a friend was out shopping for furniture and saw my table at one of the furniture stores she visited. She took a pic and sent it to me. Can't really see the slate in the photo, but in real life it is a dark gray, almost black:

Then I bought this brooch for $5 at a place that sells mostly vintage jewelry.

On the back it is signed by Swedish jewelry designer Rune Tennesmed.

If it is authentic, the value is somewhere between $50 - $75.

I don't have a photo, but I also picked up a sterling silver and turquoise cuff for next to nothing. Similar cuffs sell in the $100 - $150 range.

Last, but not least, I got a cute pair of brand new sandals for $10. I'll save those for next summer.

daisychain01

My DD just brought home a jjill leather tote for me. It looks almost new and she got it for $4.99 at Sally Ann.

liira55

I bought a brand new never opened 1000 piece mystery piece puzzle for $2.00 at a store here in Edmonton called Treats and Treasures, all proceeds go to Good Shepard Extended Care Living. Also got 2 plates from pampered chef for a $1.00.

Alisande

Nice finds, everyone! I had some success at the Salvation Army last week, getting 10 tops for under $25. These included a Hatley hoodie, tunics from Jones New York, Eddie Bauer, Bandolino, and Talbots, and a new-with-tags shirt from Filson, a Seattle company I hadn't heard of. Now to see if I can force myself to remove 10 items of clothing from my house and donate them. :-)

2 Likes Save     Thanked by nicole___
DawnInCal

I hear ya, Alisande. I have the same problem...

nicole___

Dawn.....well....the nightstands are next to a sleigh bed. They kinda fit. In Colorado the painted look hasn't really caught on. The lodge look is still "IN". Moose and bear statues are gauche & well loved. :0)

Save    
DawnInCal

Yea, deer antler chandeliers are popular out here in my neck of the woods, although I think the look has peaked...

Feathers11

I happened to hit my local Aldi when a new shipment of pumpkins were arriving. $4 each and they are big with beautiful stems. I remember taking my kids to the pumpkin patch when they were little and paying big bucks after they vied to find the biggest pumpkins. While I still like to support my local farmers, it's hard to resist a $4 pumpkin.

skibby (zone 4 Vermont)

I was at a farmstand today and they had pumpkins. $3 was the least expensive - and I balked at the price. I guess I wasn't being realistic. They were small, but perfect.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I got mine at Aldi last year. They had the best prices. Kroger had some nice decorative gourds and little pumpkins. I am not ready yet!

Save    
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I love these threads and all the deals! I have been staying in the house due to the weather so no deals for me.

Save     Thanked by nicole___
DawnInCal

I forgot to include the cute vintage Avon bud vase I picked up at a thrift store. It was 25 cents and I found a couple of them listed on Etsy and/or ebay (can't recall if it was one or both sites) for $25. Not that I'm interested in selling it, but it's always fun to find out if these thrift store items have value.

nicole___

OK...because of you two25, I went to the Goodwill site and looked around. So many nice pieces of 14k jewelry. :0)

Loved hearing about ALL the great bargains! Such fun! Lots of great name brands: Pampered Chef, JJill, Eddie Bauer, Talbots, Avon....pumpkins & apples...YUM! LOVE a deal!

Save    
matthias_lang

I'm a thrift store shopper, too. I got 6 LED bulbs for $3 and a linen shirt for $6.

lisa_fla

I left Goodwill empty handed this weekend. I did find a great bargain on Walgreens.com for Softsoap Body Wash. It was $3.99 buy and buy 2 and get 5000 points ($5 for every 2 . Going through Ebates there was a coupon save $15 when you spend $50. Shipping was free. I bought 14 bottles for $50.33 and gut back $48 in points. It was cheaper to do that than go to the store and buy one bottle! Crazy.

ravencajun Zone 8b TX

Wow Lisa that's some smart shopping! Great buy.

Save    
nicole___

lisa.....that is NUTS! WOW!

My stargazer lilies are just NOW blooming. 15/$7.50 Purchased from Home Depot last Spring.

3 Likes Save    
chloebud

"I happened to hit my local Aldi when a new shipment of pumpkins were arriving. $4 each and they are big with beautiful stems."

Thanks for the heads up, Feathers! Great price...I'll have to go check. I was at a local nursery yesterday, and their heirloom pumpkins were all $17 each. Ridiculous! Also, not a single one had a decent stem. It's all about the stem when it comes to pumpkins IMO. :-)

ETA - So I went to our Aldi's and their pumpkins were pretty bad with nubs for stems.

raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio

Got a bunch of toothbrushes at Menards - a 5 pack for $0.50. Also 24 rolls of dog waste bags for free after rebate ( I don't particularly like the rebate idea, since it can only be spent at Menards, but truthfully I will have no trouble spending it there) and 10/pack of mens crew socks for $7, with an 11% rebate on top of that.

Rose Pekelnicky

While away on a business trip with my daughter we spent the weekend near Lancaster, Pennsylvania. I love to sew and was able to visit a huge discount fabric store called Zincks. Got some nice flannel to make some things for my granddaughter who is arriving in December.

skibby (zone 4 Vermont)

I decided that I was just being cheap about the $3 pumpkins so I went back to the farmstand today. 3 pumpkins for $9. Not very large but beautiful. I don't know what the matter was with me. Must have been feeling poorly. All set now.

shuffles_gw

This wasn't lately, but I got this set for, as I remember, $50 and the top to a grand piano. I almost fell off my chair when I ran across it in an art book. Mine is a little different. The pulls are wider and much shorter, and there is a bit of trim at each side of the mirror. More like the first photo. Mine have less of a wood look, more of a beige glaze. Maybe these have been refinished. Hopefully these images will show.

shuffles_gw

shuffles_gw

I haven't had much luck editing or posting photos. The one above is one of my set. I forgot to mention this set is by Russel Wright and called American Modern.

Feathers11

Chloebud, I happened to go to Aldi's the day the pumpkins were re-stocked so had a great selection. The next time I went, it was poor. If you are there frequently enough, ask them when the new shipments arrive. It's all about the timing with Aldi's, as I'm sure you know...

Save    
chloebud

Feathers, I guess you lucked out. It's too bad they often cut off the stems, but maybe it makes shipping them easier. Just love those twirly stems. :-)

nicole___

BIG plush comfy chair and ottoman .....for the spare bedroom....for the cat to sleep on. Long story....our cat didn't like the chairs I had in there....so my husband took me shopping yesterday. He spent $20 for both pieces! It's an older style, looks new...thrift store purchase. It's funny..... we went into a consignment shop, same style chair/ottoman was $495!

3 Likes Save    
DawnInCal

Nice find, nicole!

It looks as though the cat approves too!

While I haven't commented on all of the finds that have been posted, I have enjoyed reading about all of your deals and bargains. Keep up the good work!

nicole___

I used a $10 off $10 coupon @ JCP. Spent $32, saved $110! Then went online, Spent $8, saved $49.

I have a spare $10/off $10 online coupon if anyone can use it. Code= Book7 285722331 expires 10/20/19

Save    
socks

Got these dolls for $10 Each this morning at a fundraiser. Not sure if it’s a deal but I’m happy. I’ll clean them up for my granddaughter.

functionthenlook

This isn't a new buy, but a new discovery. Years ago I picked up a little back evening purse at a garage or church sale. We go to balls once or twice a year. I know I didn't pay over $5 for it. And never used it till last week. When I opened it up i found it was a purse by Judith Leiber. I couldn't find the exact purse online , but her vintage purse start at $200 and up.

nicole___

Purchased a pair of Kirkland & a pair of Wrangler jeans for $5 each. A piece of silk screened fabric for $1.50. I'll make decorative zippered pillow covers out of it. 18" x 18". Then I had 3 $10 off $30 coupons I used to buy 11 new smoke detectors. The cashier gave me $34.97 off instead of $30....? YAY! Then purchased a 42" x 22" granite counter top for $35 @ The Restore. Local granite shops have a $650 minimum to make a counter top. Matches the kitchen island in the next room over. I figure I saved $615!

1 Like Save    
kadefol

I envy those of you with great thrift stores. Around here they mostly have stuff that you really wouldn't even want for free.

nicole___

I purchased these grey fleece bed sheets, on a Kohl's end-of-the-season clearance last June. WOW! Put them on the bed yesterday and ..... LOVE them! Slept better, no waking up! Kohl's has them on sale!

Save    
grammaj_gw

We just received those same sheets in a different pattern nicole___. Got them on a great sale too and hope we love them as much as you do. They feel great and sooo soft!

Alisande

I'm intrigued . . . I've never used even a small percentage of polyester in my sheets, and my first thought about the fleece is they would be way too hot. But the reviews are persuasive, as are the posts here. Plus it isn't even winter yet, but I've found I sleep better (in my unheated bedroom) if I keep the electric foot warmer turned on low all night. Maybe if I had these sheets I wouldn't need the warmer.

Kathsgrdn

45% off winter coats. Bought one for my kids too. They then sent me a coupon for 50% off. I have nothing else to buy from them, though.

socks

I got a groupon for Harry & David pears. I think it's still available.

DawnInCal

I picked up these metal buckets for $2 each at the thrift store the other day. They look brand new - no dents, scratches, rust or other signs of wear:

I'm going to plant tulip bulbs in them. I think they'll be really cute out on the deck this spring:

I also got this new lampshade for $3.

It looks pretty awesome when the lamp is turned on:

My dad made the lamp in his high school shop class when he was 16, so it has a lot of sentimental meaning to me. I believe it's made out of apple wood, and as you can see, has some neat inlays. It's over 70 years old.

5 Likes Save     Thanked by nicole___
eld6161

Kaths, I have sometimes called and complained when I have gotten a coupon right after a big purchase and the coupon has a short quick turn around. One of my pet peeves.

Kathsgrdn

Eld6161, I'm okay with it since I sent my e-mail address because they were offering 45% off if you did. The coupon never showed until I bought the first items, which I got at 40% off. When the coupon came I sent an e-mail asking if I could use it for the previous order and they refunded me the 5%. I also used the 45% off for another order.

kadefol

Minor bargain, but I am happy. :) Have been lusting for Zoya nail polishes "Briar" and "Etta". But they run $10 each plus shipping, so I decided to wait and see if they have any Black Friday specials. Turns out they do, until 11/30 you get 2 polishes for free, you just pay shipping. So I am getting both for $6.95 instead of $26.95.

nicole___

For tomorrow/Black Friday. Most items you can buy online and have a week to pick it up:

The laser printer we're buying is by Brother. HL-L2320D-US. Available "here" @ Staples for $39.99. Other Black Friday deals: Kohl's has small appliances for $2.41each and an Echo Dot 3rd generation/Alexa speaker......$22.

1 Like Save    
desertsteph

kadefol - is it the zoya site that has them on sale? do they show the colors w/names?

kadefol

desertsteph, yes, the sale is at zoya.com. The discount code is right on the front page. And they do show the colors and names, just click on the "nail polish" link on the top of the page. They have 400 colors, I am glad I already knew what I wanted. :)

desertsteph

thx kadefol. I've been wanting to get new polish. I've thrown out all of my old stuff - I know it was more than 10 yrs old! but I haven't gotten out to look for new in the colors I like. I'll take another look on that site - I just scanned on the page and missed seeing those. so much on it to take in!

Alisande

Nicole, what did you mean by available "here" @ Staples? Just your local Staples? I see the Staples online price as $79.99, which is $10 more than Amazon's. I'd like to get that printer too!

nicole___

Alisande...Jasdip was interested, on another thread. Canada price? IDK

Here is the advertisement for Black Friday @ Staples Here in the US. $39.99.

Save    
desertsteph

kadefol - the code shows up when I use the link in your post above. it doesn't on their site when I use google to find them. I'll probably order 2 tomorrow. I'm not sure about the colors just seeing them online but 1 of the 2 should be fine and if one isn't what I like i'll give it to my sister. she changes colors all of the time!

Save    
Alisande

Thanks, Nicole! I'll plan to order it.

kadefol

Desertsteph, that's weird, their official website is zoya.com
and the code should display on their site regardless where you access
from.

I usually google swatches of whichever nail polish color I am
interested in. Quite a few nail polish blogs have photos of various
polishes in natural light, indoors, etc. so you get a better idea what
it looks like.

DawnInCal

Thanks, nicole. Hubby is looking for a laptop. I sent him the link so he can check it out.

desertsteph

kadefol - thx for the tip. I picked out a few colors and will google them by name before I order. I thought it weird too that the code didn't show up which is why I then used your link to 'see' what you were seeing. surprised they were different. what was on there from your link would be really hard to miss!

Alisande

Reporting in on my way to bed . . . I stayed up till midnight to order the Brother printer. Got it--and it ships free. Thanks, Nicole!

nicole___

Dawn...hope he finds a good deal!

Alisande.....Cool!....me too! Ordered it and a Dot. Free delivery to the house....bonus! Your welcome!

We still plan on eating @ noon, then going to Office Depot, they have BIG packages of Duracell batteries, you get the FULL price back in points to spend in the store. JCP @ 2pm gives away $10-$500 off coupons. DH's coworkers go. It's the only time we see their whole family, catch up. It's fun!

1 Like Save    
jewels_ks

Walmart was offering an Apple Watch Series 3 for $129. I knew it would be hard to get last night, but I never even saw the price drop from $199 to $129. Then I looked at Target for the watch at $169. Its not available at my local store, its available across town, but you are unable to order it online in silver, but you can in black....grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

DawnInCal

nicole, he ordered a new laptop at midnight (east coast time). $399 off and free shipping! Thanks again for posting the link!

kadefol

desertsteph, glad you are able to use the code. The googling colors is really helpful, has saved me from a few ordering mistakes. :)

socks

Lands End has some nice values today. Those cash touch scarves are really nice.

Alisande

Sierra Trading Post has free shipping today. The code is CYBERMON.

raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio

Not too glamorous, but.... I got insulation to add to my attic (R-25, unfaced, 18 foot long rolls which is the perfect length!) not only on sale, but with a rebate that brings the cost down to $5 per roll!! So the entire attic will have the insulation increased by about 40% for only $65. This store (Menard's) also had fleece lined tights for $2, , slouch knit hats and Sherpa lined slipper socks for $4, and 1 quart glass storage jars with lids for $0.99 (after rebate).

Also I got a new pair of $135 running shoes for $49 - last years model, in an ugly color, but I don't care about that!

yeonassky

Got this at the local value village for $40. Love the detail everywhere including on the top of this nightstand. Also it's unique curvy design.

watchmelol

Not really a purchase but a service. Just found out the extremely reasonable quote for installing a filtration system includes the labor and material to extend the new line to the kitchen for a pot filler and the fridge. I thought we would have to hire a separate plumber to finish the job so I am a happy camper.

DawnInCal

Love reading about all of the bargains and great finds here.

Checking in to report that hubby's new laptop arrived yesterday. It's a beauty - weighs just over four pounds which will be nice for hubby when we're hauling our carry ons thru airports. It appears there is going to be a bit of a learning curve, but that'll be good exercise for his brain. :-)

nicole___

I wore my new JC Penney leggings. $3.74 They're still on sale, see link...if YOU would like to order a few. I also purchased a long cowl neck shirt to wear with them. $11.10 Also a GREAT fit! My hubby got the men's Puffer vest & the insulated gloves

We had several $10 off coupons......which helped the prices! Almost free!

Save    
Alisande

From JC Penney on Cyber Monday I got flannel sheets and a toy for one of my grandsons. Later that evening I went to Target.com to see if No 7 Lift & Luminate night cream was on sale. It wasn't much of a sale, so I skipped that face cream but ordered two others: Ceravé Skin Renewing Night Cream, which I like a lot, and a pinkish-tinted Neutrogena that I haven't tried. I also got this blanket on Target's website for $24.

Gonna go check out your links, Nicole, now that you got me a printer. :-)

loonlakelaborcamp

I cruised the Walmart website and found a dozen quality thinsulate gloves, normally $28.00 for only $10.00. Great score for our group's homeless shelter drive. Got lots of $17 sherpa lined knit stocking for $5. Clearance sales are a great way to stretch donation dollars!

nicole___

Here's a "do-not-bother" buying warning. I purchased this "real" diamond ring @ JC Penny's and the rhodium plating is starting to come off in just a few days. It was a Black Friday deal for $20. You get what you pay for ....in this case! I'll try to return it.

Save    
DawnInCal

That bites, nicole. At least you aren't out much money.

DawnInCal

Hubby was checking out our local FB buy/sell page and came across a Zojirushi bread machine listed at $50. This particular model is $300+ new. I've always wanted to play around with a bread machine so we contacted the seller and bought it. It looks like it has never been used. I'm a happy camper and if I decide a bread machine isn't my thing I doubt I'll have any trouble selling it.

Rose Pekelnicky

Dawn, I have that exact bread machine and love it. I did pay close to $300 for mine.

nicole___

People who own a Zojirushi lovingly call them Zo's. Dawn your gonna LOVE your new machine! I also have one. Mines all white. The model before yours. It's simply A M A Z I N G! I've been singing it's praises for years!

I returned the ring. No money was lost. :0)

Save    
DawnInCal

Rose and nicole, thank you! I know very little about bread machines and both of you have confirmed that we got a great deal. I'm going to make a loaf of basic white bread tonight for two reasons: 1. I just can't wait to play with this new toy. 2. I want to taste some bread warm out of the oven tonight! :-)

functionthenlook

I don't understand why people don't use their bread machine. I am on my 2nd one and both were preowned. You could of fooled me that they were ever used. I mostly mix dough in mine. I like to make brown and serve rolls and freeze them. I also use it to make cinnamon roll dough.

DawnInCal

Me either, functionthenlook. The woman who sold it said she didn't use it because she is a "from scratch baker" and had no use for it. I took that to mean there may be a school of thought out there that bread made in a bread machine doesn't count as homemade.

I like to bake things like pita bread, English muffins, pizza dough, dinner rolls and hamburger buns. Looking into the future, I see the machine as being a huge time saver when it comes to mixing, kneading and proofing the dough for me.

My first loaf is rising and it's looking pretty good!

breenthumb

My MIL counted it as homemade bread, and if she did, anyone would. :-)

ravencajun Zone 8b TX

I got a new Lenovo chromebook it's a flip model with touchscreen so it can be a laptop or a tablet it was on sale for $179 but I found a coupon and got it for $139 I picked it up at the store love it !

Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Decorating Guides 10 Tips for Scoring Deals at Estate Sales
An admitted estate sale junkie shares her secrets for finding treasures at bargain prices
Full Story
Pets Dealing With Pet Messes: An Animal Lover's Story
Cat and dog hair, tracked-in mud, scratched floors ... see how one pet guardian learned to cope and to focus on the love
Full Story
The Polite House The Polite House: How to Deal With Noisy Neighbors
Before you fly off the handle, stop and think about the situation, and follow these steps to live in harmony
Full Story