SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tornupaboutthis

Help please. Do I Kick him out?

tornupaboutthis
6 years ago

My kids father and I have been on a 50/50 plan for 5 years. He doesn't treat them well and I have been stockpiling evidence to hopefully get them more. Well he just informed me he wants them only every other weekend. Success! It's truly what is best for the kids. Unfortunately, my new husband isn't so happy. He feels having the kids more will ruin our marriage and is very pessimistic about this. He talks like he may leave. He says he loves the kids and I but only agreed to 50%. He doesn't understand that I am not making a choice. This is something I have to do. It's for my kids. They will be taken care of now. He is very upset. I'm very stressed out. Of course I want my marriage to work, but now, every time my kids hug him or tell them they love him, I feel guilt because he may walk at any time. Since finding out the news he has pulled away from the kids and I and is simply coexisting In the house.

Please help. I can't not take my kids the extra time, they need me. I don't know what else to do. Is there something I can say to my husband? Do I wait it out and hope he changes his mind and is ok with it? Do I take the hurtful words and horrible attitude he is giving me and just end it now?

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Urban Upkeep LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's High Quality Painting Expert