SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shellking_gw

Look what I found hidden in my kitchen!

ShellKing
9 years ago

We're doing some work in the kitchen and we pulled out the old range. Look what we found in the cabinet -- a secondary water heater. Weird part is that it's on and has water running through it. We've owned the condo for almost 8 years and had no idea this was there. It was installed in 1999 based on the sticker on the unit.

We have a main water heater in another closet that we replaced a few years ago. When the main water heater is off, water comes out of the kitchen sink at a tepid temperature. When the main water heat is on, the kitchen sink water is hot. So somehow they work together. We turned the water supply to the secondary water off, and water in the whole condo stopped (other bathrooms that are not near the kitchen). So somehow this little secondary unit is needed/used.

Does anyone have any ideas why a condo unit would have a secondary unit like this? It might make more sense if the two units were completely independent. My husband and I are just scratching our heads. We can just leave it there -- but it would be nice to understand why it is there. Also, if it fails that would be a mess. It's probably not up to code either.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus