SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyce_6333

Look what I found in my kitchen :-)

joyce_6333
13 years ago

I found this picture on my camera, and since I've never met this guy, I'm assuming DH actually took this picture. I think he's hooking up the gas line for the cooktop.

Comments (38)

• elba1
    13 years ago

Looks like we need to start a thread (or calendar :o)) of kitchen remodel hunks LOL

• EllenMel
    13 years ago

Wow.....Wish I'd find that in MY kitchen!

• desertsteph
    13 years ago

he looks cute!

• kompy
    13 years ago

Wow...that company needs to run an ad with that photo! They wouldn't know what to do with all the business! lol

• jakkom
    13 years ago

Oh, he's a cutie!

I've never found this guy in my kitchen, but I'd sure like to!
    {{!gwi}}

And yes, that is Hugh Jackman. He came to San Francisco in a limited engagement one-man show, and I snagged the paper with this photo as soon as I saw it. Yum!

• jakkom
    13 years ago

Sorry, I should have written: Jackman is COMING to SF, next week in fact, for two weeks of live on-stage musical numbers. Maybe I can get him into my kitchen yet.....LOL!

• joyce_6333
    Original Author
    13 years ago

What does Hugh Jackman do in his one-act show?

• remodelfla
    13 years ago

I feel so dirty...

• davidro1
    13 years ago

a woman coming across a plumber who's half in a kitchen cabinet and half out is a standard plot in a certain genre of movies. Just f.y.i. before you go down that road. In case anyone is thinking of talking about it or posting images on a blog or ...

• mastiffmom_85
    13 years ago

Funny story...I actually thought this was my DH (who IS a contractor) at first glance. I had to zoom in on the pic to make sure it wasn't him! You're not in OK, are you, Joyce? :)

My DH is a cutie and can do helpful things in the kitchen. I am a lucky girl.

~ Mastiff

• dianalo
    13 years ago

We had one cutie out of all the workers on our house. He was nice too, but I am glad we don't have anyone here every day as I wake up in the a.m. any more. It would be nice to finally finish the punch list but worrying about having people around as I got the boys ready for school was not fun. I am afraid any attempt at glamor was gone by approx day 3 on my part ;)

• andi_k
    13 years ago

hmmmm...I wonder if I can get my KD to work that into my design, too

• Kay M
    13 years ago

If only the guys who have been roaming around my kitchen looked like that....

LOL

• mtnrdredux_gw
    13 years ago

LOL.

I have a mini-crush on my carpenter. I mean, who can resist a carpenter!

• juniork
    13 years ago

Remodelfla, LOL! Actually, ROTFLMAO!

I haven't seen anyone looking even close to THAT in our project, and it's a whole house construction! We do have a grouchy electrician, though. I wouldn't want to take a picture of him. Actually, the plumber's helper wasn't too bad, but heck, I think he was half my age!

• Mossfern
    13 years ago

Why is he smiling?

• marcydc
    13 years ago

Maybe he is smiling because Joyce's DH is taking his picture? Maybe Joyce's DH is a cutie too :)

• amela59
    13 years ago

You sure have a nice DH to gift you with that sweet surprise!

• jakkom
    13 years ago

Hugh Jackman is apparently a very good singer - he's been in several musicals and gotten excellent reviews. He says he prefers doing live theatre to movie work, and the SF shows are concerts of Broadway and classic tunes (think: Sinatra songs) that he likes.

If I can't get Jackman into my kitchen, I'd 'settle' for George Clooney too. LOL!

That gas line guy does look awfully cheerful, doesn't he? I have to say, the handyman who was stuck underneath my sink cab installing a new faucet didn't look happy at all when I watched him.

• ironcook
    13 years ago

you gals are too funny! ;)

• mskitchen
    13 years ago

He's a hottie, could you send him here right now, just need a little diversion. I'm sitting here in the kitchen with the builder on my left hand side and HD on the right. Trying to keep out of the questions,conflict, ect, etc and sipping on my chardonnay. HD is now trying to explain to the builder that there's been a lack of communication in the last few days. He admitted it and they shook hands. Good, I spoke to HD this afternoon regarding this, he's got to let a lot of this go. I lost one husband suddenly several years ago due to probably massive stress due to his job and I can't do it again due to a stupid home.

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

He can fix my pipes anytime.

• marcolo
    13 years ago

Pervs.

• marcydc
    13 years ago

mskitchen, your remodel will go beautifully. Chardonnay, red wine, everclear straight up, whatever it takes. All cheaper than therapy.

• sochi
    13 years ago

I had a mini-crush on my foreman during our major reno. Wish I had a picture like that! ;)

• kateskouros
    13 years ago

i hate to break it to you girls, but jackman is a jerkoff. the guy hooking up the cooktop looks good though!

• annachosaknj6b
    13 years ago

Okay Kate...spill!

• 10KDiamond
    13 years ago

OK, so I'm laughing, but feeling weird becuase if the genders were reversed, and this plumber, or whatever, was a Megan Fox look alike, would I find the commentary offensive? Oh gosh, the quandries of the liberal, Catholic professional woman. Yes, I am laughing. True confessions.

And now to twistedly take this to the next level - have to seen the Kohler ad with the hottie plumber? Check it out - Very silly indeed.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hottie Plumber

• jakkom
    13 years ago

S'okay, they don't have to SAY anything...just stand there - or recline, as the plumber's case may be - and smile for the camera!

mskitchen, I so hear you. My DH suffered a stroke at 50 because of work stress, and although he's better at 'letting off steam' than he used to be, he still gets a little too frustrated at things that are out of our control. Remodeling is really tough to deal with at times. Lucky are those who have had their remodeling projects go smoothly. I wish I was one of them but never have been!

• caryscott
    13 years ago

mskitchen - sipping? What's an HD? When you can't see the keyboard anymore its called chugging.

Does it matter what Hugh Jackman does as long as he isn't wearing a shirt when he's doing it? Does he need to be nice for what some of us want him for? I really don't think so.

• jejvtr
    13 years ago

This is good fodder

I think he needs help getting out of there - I'll be right over. It appears this is a custom cab that has been built around lil mr hottie.

I don't think he is a plumber - it looks contrived, perhaps a photo op for a calendar - he doesn't have any grease, dirt, or calluses on his hands, undoubtedly no plumbers butt -

But ladies, he is a baby -

• ideagirl2
    13 years ago

And yes, that is Hugh Jackman. He came to San Francisco in a limited engagement one-man show, and I snagged the paper with this photo as soon as I saw it. Yum!

I was once on the phone with my mom trying to explain to her who Hugh Jackman is, because she needed to know who he was in order to understand why this movie review of "Australia" that I had just read to her was so funny--the review said Jackman was so gorgeous that every time he appeared onscreen, the audience audibly gasped and jerked their heads back "as if they had just seen a solar eclipse."

This made no sense to my mom, since she didn't know who he was, so I told her to google his name. Over the phone I heard the click click click of her typing. And then...

Mom: (GASP) OH!!!!!

• caryscott
    13 years ago

He rivaled the scenery in that one while poor old Nicole was so pumped full of fillers she was like some sort of toxic blight on the glorious landscape. Poor thing - who tells her it looks good - for that matter who tells any of them?

• jakkom
    13 years ago

caryscott and ideagirl2, ROFL!!

C'mon ladies, no other pix of cuties we want in our kitchens? (or anywhere, for that matter) Should we expand our search from two-legged to four-legged? Or maybe gorgeous fantasy figures - Orlando Bloom as Legolas, perhaps?

Or maybe with the remodeling dust we all had our cameras packed away. I know I did, that darn drywall dust went everywhere!

• sandca
    13 years ago

10KDiamond

That commercial was a hoot.

• antiquesilver
    13 years ago

Damn, the guy who worked under my sink looked like Willie Nelson - I want Joyce's plumber!

• morgne
    13 years ago

I'd settle for Willie Nelson because I'm pretty sure he'd have killer weed.

In my imagination he'd also be generous.

:)

• swhite10
    13 years ago

I looked under my sink and didn't see anything THAT good looking!!