SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roobear_gw

Bathroom vanity area questions.

roobear
14 years ago

So I'm in the process of a DIY remodel for my main bathroom and I have some questions on the vanity area. The vanity is a 60 inch cabinet, single sink, with walls on either side that frame in the area.

Because one side wall has plumbing, and the other has duct work, we could not put the outlets anywhere else but on the back vanity wall with the mirror going above it.

I decided on 2 outlets (sideways, a foot in from each end of the vanity) and was sort of thinking about having the frame of the big mirror cover the outlets with a way to move the frame up or down to access the outlets (like a hinge on part of the frame). Or maybe it doesn't matter if the outlets show?

I also originally wanted lights on either side of the mirror but if I cover the outlets there won't be enough room and the lights will have to go above the mirror. Will that look weird if I already added recessed lights on the ceiling (on a separate switch) if you need more light in the vanity area?

The recessed lights and light above the mirror would end up being about 2 feet apart.

Comments (2)