SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debbie1000

Bathroom remodel, moving offset sink/ installing 60" vanity questions

debbie1000
4 years ago

This is for a 35 year old starter condo. The master bathroom vanity sink is currently offset to the left. I want to change it to one sink in the center. I will have a plumber do this but is this a big project/problem/cost to move the plumbing from the left to the center? This is not the original vanity ---about 20 years old.

I will also need to put the vanity between two walls so would I need to have a custom one made or could I have a big box store install it with fillers on both sides? My cabinet guy has given a ballpark of about $2000-$2500 installed. I will also have a quartz countertop made.

It is "too small of a job" for a kitchen/bath company; the shower was remodeled two years ago (to the left past the doorway) so they won't do just a new vanity area.

Any opinions re changing sink position-plumbing issues-is this "not a big deal to change" or a "big project?" Also any opinions on custom vs big box store for vanity between walls? I want to keep my costs down on the vanity but don't want to cut corners on the plumbing.

I'll attach photos in the response. The plumbing looks crazy to me but I know nothing about plumbing.

Comments (7)