SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
olduvai

anger at my stepmother for 30 years

olduvai
15 years ago

I have suffered incredible silent abuse from my s.m. I am now 36 years old and also have 2 step kids that I get along with fantastically although we'll always have our little proplems that work out in the end.

OK, I'm going to right to the point. On more that 20 occassions I have been witness to my sm "slamming" me on the phone as I'm an ear shot away, the first time I was 6 years old, and it never stopped. It hurt me deeply and of course, made me incredibly angry. Here's a woman who told me she always wanted a girl and to call her mom, etc. I was never treated so poorly. It only got worse when my bf would get in a dissagreement w/his wife then she would not talk to me or visit my children. She would hardly ever involve herself w/my kids and always kept some distance from me at family functions...even her son, my step bother has noticed her behaviour and asked his stepfather, my dad about it. So travelling 6 month later, Dad had come up and said he was leaving her after listening to her "bash" me on the phone and not only me but my 4 and 5 year old too. Funny thing is she is a born again christian and prides herself on helping others...she was even woman of the year. So she was "ministering" one of her fellow christian friends talking terribly about me. I can not for the life of me figure out what I have EVER done. I keep going back and find nothing. Dad says she's jealous of our relationship and it's only gotten worse since I've had children of my own. NOw comes christmas and dad will be spending it with my family and she will be spending it with hers. Dad does not want me to say anything to her, still give her a gift and let him deal with it. I don't agree. I don't feel obligated to give her anything at this point nor do I feel as if I should attend anymore family functions. I am hurt, devastaed and agry. My only real question is do you feel it would be appropriate if I wrote her a letter on the way I have felt over the past 30 years? I need closure with her...any advice?

Comments (11)