SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jacy_gw

White/chocolate cherry kitchen w/ blue walls?

jacy
14 years ago

I'm struggling to narrow down my kitchen paint selection a bit. I love the overall feel of sparkling white trim, pale blue walls and a warm espresso or chocolate together, always have.

My new cabs will be Shaker-style, white uppers and chocolate cherry lowers, with a pretty light slab of Shivikashi (ivory brown) granite counters and stainless appliances. The dishwasher will be paneled, the sink undermounted, and you really don't 'see' the stainless fridge or stove, as they're parallel to the traffic pattern through the room -- you're never directly facing them from a distance -- so the stainless doesn't have a strong presence as a surface.

The room's too small for an island so I'm faking it by building a bar-height corner banquette (using refrigerator wall cabs) with a counter-height table that can do double duty for 'island' counter space when needed. The banquette cabs will be the cherry and I don't yet have a table and am undecided what to do there just yet.

I've had my eye on BM Yarmouth Blue for a long while, but I'm afraid of the green tones I've read about. The room has a wide expanse of western exposure windows and a smaller southern window, that meet in the corner over where the banquette will be located. Lots of natural light, with mature trees right there in the summer.

On the other hand, I'm afraid a more 'blue' blue will cast a juvenile feel. The most adjacent room is the living room, which will be painted next, and although I don't want or need the same exact color as the kitchen, I have tobacco leather furniture and dark wood, so I'd like something light and coordinating with the kitchen.

Any thoughts on how the Yarmouth Blue will read IRL in the kitchen, and what might be a good complement in the living room, which also has western along with northern exposure?

I have the full BM color swatch thingamajig and it is just overwhelming to have so many colors at hand! I do seem drawn to the HC colors, FWIW.

Thanks much!

Comments (5)