SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenibufford

Cherry and White Granite Kitchen Reveal - Lots of Photos!

jenibufford
9 years ago

First of all- this is a thank you post to the Gardenweb forum. I got so many great ideas from this forum as I was choosing everything for my remodel, that I wanted to share my final result on the forum. Hopefully others will be able to use it!

Our remodel started with a flood in our sunroom, which resulted in a need to replace flooring, which resulted in a full flooring, kitchen, and fireplace remodel. I guess that's how it goes. :-)

Here is a before pic:

And here are some after:

The huge bar it is great for our family of five, as well as for
entertaining. It is all one piece of granite- River White comes in
massive slabs! We added 6 inches to the length of the counter and moved the sink.

We love having an open floor plan, so our kitchen wasn't a big change as far as the floor plan goes.
The Blanco Precis Super Single sink was definitely inspired by Gardenweb. I was nervous about it, but I love it. I had been used to washing and leaving dishes to dry in our double sink, but I do more drying and putting away as I go. I had ordered the Biscuit color, but at the last minute I changed it to White, which I am glad of- it goes very well with the River White Granite.
Its a pretty small kitchen, but it works for us. We had previously had a corner sink, and moved it around the corner to the bar. It made a big difference in floor space.
White appliances! We like them, what can we say.
Here is a good view of the granite. We wanted marble, but this is a good replacement. I liked that this slab is fairly uniform and simple. The honed finish has been easy to use so far (we've been using it for a few months now). It has flecks of garnet, and almost a greenish gray tone. I really like it a lot. It looks great with the cherry cabinets.
Roll out drawers! We have two sets of them and they are SO great.
This is my close up of built-in cutting boards that I requested. It isn't usually done in Euro Style Cabinetry, but I use them ALL the time, and so the cabinet company got creative. They made a false front to surround the cutting board and installed the board 3/4 inches farther out than normal.
We love the herringbone backsplash! I had to kind of go through each individual sheet at my local Lowe's because the color varies, but it turned out lovely and looks great with the River White Granite.
This is my favorite spot in the kitchen, I love having a work space next to the stove.

Here is a list of our what we used:

Custom Shaker cherry cabinets from W.L. Rubottom Cabinets in Ventura, CA

Color- Fruitwood

Hardware- Amerock Manor Pull in weathered Nickel

Granite - White Andromeda Granite, I think this is also called River White Granite

We got our granite honed.

Faucet- Kohler K-560-VS Bellera Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet in Chrome

Sink- Blanco BL440150 Precis Super Single Bowl, White

Backsplash- allen + roth Genuine Stone White Marble Natural Stone Mosaic Indoor/Outdoor Floor Tile from Lowes

Flooring- Daltile City View Skyline Gray 12" x 12"
Wood Flooring- Reward Heirloom White Oak Rift and Quartered Natural

Thanks everyone! If you have any questions, let me know, and I will try to answer them.

Comments (42)