SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jacy_gw

Flooring color for white/chocolate cherry kitchen

jacy
14 years ago

After much angst I'm finally settled on quality sheet vinyl for my kitchen floor. I don't have an open floor plan and it's ultimately the right surface given the kithchen traffic pattern and overall value of the house, not to mention my antipathy for constant maintenance!

My upper cabs will be painted white, lowers chocolate cherry, same Shaker style, and appliances are stainless. Granite is ivory brown with lots of the chocolate-toned movement streaks; not so much for the confetti bits. The slab has a lot of white in it as well. No backsplash yet but I'm leaning toward white subway or something similarly clean; it'll be the last thing I do.

My basic inspiration for the cabs was HB's kitchen of the month although I'm not going for yellow walls. Truth be told, I'd love BM's Yarmouth Blue or something similar but a tad less saturated, although I don't know if it will work here. Have to wait until the cabs, counter and floors are in. It's a small, very bright kitchen, large west and some south exposure, which is why I didn't go full bore with white cabs.

Back to the floors, which I have to decide this week. I like a stone look, larger rather than smaller 'tiles', no busyness in the pattern, but am overwhelmed beyond that. Do I get a beige or something more taupe or greige? Could I possibly pull off blue walls, and if so, what does that mean for the floor? (I swear the ivory brown granite has just a touch of medium slate blue here and there although I could be doing some heavy wishful looking!)

Open to all suggestions, just hoping they don't come in the yellow variety. ;)

Here is a link that might be useful: HB kitchen

Comments (2)