SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rubydoo67

More on our relo purchase...trying out a new attitude

gardensgirl
17 years ago

I hope you guys don't mind me posting here........it actually is a great stress reliever and the replies have been very helpful.

Anyway.........my new attitude. Since the relo company still hasn't responded to our home inspection requests of 02/05, I think I've decided it may be to our benefit. They gave themselves (per their own addendum) 7 days to respond. It's now like 20 days. The contract also has a clause saying if either party doesn't fulfill its obligation within a specified timeframe, the contract can be null & void. We haven't done that yet.

We were thinking that when they come back to us with repairs they will make, we can say either no, we're done, or we will accept that if you move the closing back to 04/30/07, the original date we wanted. The originally didn't want to settle then because they would have pay another payment, but if they lose us, they will probably have to pay it anway. Does our plan seem realistic to anyone?

We figure that will give me more time to sell my home (it would allow me until 06/15/07 before I had to pay 3 mortgages) and also ensure that we have enough time to get the appraisal and loan stuff done on the house we are buying. I also have a home office that I have to have logistically moved (phone lines installed, etc.) with at least a few weeks notice). We are now only 5 weeks away at most.

Let me say upfront, we certainly don't want to back out (we love the home), but my new thinking is that their delay may be a benefit?

Any thoughts?

Comment (1)