SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindac_gw

A whole new attitude toward snow!!

lindac
15 years ago

Last night a friend stopped over with a treat, because I had missed the party where he served it. Actually not too manyw ere there as it was a howling blizzard and some of those who did go ended up spending the night.

Anyhow he brought me a container of pineapple, coconut snow icecream....OMG....heaven!

He's going to send me the official recipe....but as he told me, you get a pineapple and core it and put the fruit into a food processor, add about a cup of flaked coconut and some ( forget how much) sugar and blend until smooth....strain in case there is any bits of stuff.

Then chill and put into a metal bowl and add a pint of whipping cream and a pint of half and half and go outside and get some fresh white clean snow and stir and keep adding snow...stirring like mad until it gets like softserve ice cream....and OMG!!

I am sure there are many recipes....I remember hearing about a friend when I was a kid who said his mom just added vanilla and sugar to snow...

I have never made snow icecream....but you can bet the next time we have snow predicted I will stock up on cream and try it.

Anyone else very make snow icecream?

Linda C

Comments (23)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH