SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
corunum

It's the Well. Need Design Help, please

corunum z6 CT
15 years ago

Last Tuesday, 12/30, the well had to be dug up and now I have this expensive and ever so attractive 19" high well cap almost in the middle of the backyard. The well guys assured me it only glows on nights with a full moon, so I have 27 days or so without a night light. It will be painted forest green, but as the picture below shows, the tree well design is now kaput. Just wondering if anyone has dealt with this garden challenge (?) and if so, how did you handle it?

Everything is up for consideration even deconstructing the stones and starting again or, removing stones and planting a bunch of something-er-ruthers. No fake rock covers, or the like, it has to be a natural cover with shallow rooted shrubs just in case they have to be moved in the future, and I really want evergreens. Im toying with the height of new plants under my maple  which has a raised canopy. Last year at this time I was Pining Over Pines, this year Wondering Over the Well. Any ideas? Thanks.

Kindly,

Jane

P.S. For those of you who followed the Pine adventures, by the end of autumn, I had put in 65 new shrubs and trees  including 3 Japanese maples among the new 19 rhododendrons where the pines had once stood. Biofreeze on a sore back really works!

{{gwi:1057405}}.

Comments (10)