SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tillys26

help ! first fill and dirty well water ? please plese please help

tillys26
16 years ago

Ok so ive spent endless hours reading this and that on the pools and what to do and what not to and my pool guy im not quite sure if he knows what he is talking about because if you read on you will see , anyways just finished the pool, its IG with wet edge pebble satin , 20x40 , about 30k gallon and its a swg or whatever you call it , salt system , anyways i filled the pool up using my well , and it looked fine coming out of the water but as more got in there it turned green , cloudy and alot of what looked like iron or rust , so my pool builder decides hes going to shock it,well we run the pump and filter the whole day and night and the next day my waters a reddish brown so i call my pool builder who was suppose to come look the next day but conveniently didnt show , so he makes a few calls and says we need to drain it, so i figure ill call the pool company myself and she says that you should never shock well water becauase of the metals in it and i should drain it,so i drain it , clean it , spray it down and brush it with my hose bib that is run thru the whole house filter and water softner and i bring in a water truck who fills it up but it turns brown again ,so either there was alot of crap stuck in the pebbles or the truck had crap in it to , anyways we put 4 quards of jacks purple stuff i think its called and ran the filters an pumps all day and night and its still looking the same, i just backwashed my filter (sand) and it was filthy but the pressure hadnt risen to where they say you should backwash it , i just did it anyways . So now im stressing , ive been brushing it constantly and when i do you can see the brown crap pushing around the bottom , i dont want it to stain my new wetedge, what do i do , here are the numbers the pool lady gave me on my water and she suggested i buy all kinds of chems from her but reading on here and other sites ive found alot of people say to forget what they say, here goes, any and all help would be appreciated thanks

SAT INDX- -1.5

tds-25

CYA -0
TOT CHLORINE - .3

FREE CHLORINE-.3

PH 7.2

TOT ALK-56

TOT HARDNESS-27

COPPER NOT TESTED

IRON-.7

Comments (8)