SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
manachi

Hot Chilli Plant not doing well - please help?

Manachi
12 years ago

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to gardening & plants & botany but I love plants and I recently bought a new Hot Chilli Plant. It was looking really healthy & green and started flowering btu then the leaves started to sag at the bottom. I wasn't sure whether I had watered it too much to start with - I was using one of those spray bottles to water the soil each day for about 1-2 weeks. Then after it didn't get much better I decided to try repotting it into a bigger pot.

I have an apartment and unfortunately there is nowhere outdoors I can put it that gets enough sunlight so I have it on a table next to the window sill where it stays reasonably warm and gets at least 5 hours of sunlight a day.

Then it occurred to me that even though I'd been watering it - maybe i hadn't been watering the whole soil through. I dont think water ever dripped out the bottom - so todaY I gave it a lot of water. Anyway I attached some pictures - could someone please give me some advice on how to bring it back to full health? I repotted it just yeseterday.

The first picture is the old pot it was in. The lower leaves were drooping a bit

{{gwi:1217224}}

This is the new larger pot I put it in about a week later. As you can see it's a little worse for wear - particularly in the lower leaves. Any advice on what I'm doing wrong or how I can help it?

{{gwi:1217225}}
{{gwi:1217226}}
{{gwi:1217227}}

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert