SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tccsp11

Need recommendations for well pump! Please help!

housebuilding126
7 years ago

We had a well drilled and it ended up being 210' deep into the rock. We are in the midwest, and that is pretty deep for our area. The week drillers are recommending a 1.5 HP constant pressure pump at a cost of almost $2,000. That is the best, highest price thing they offer and I feel like I am being ripped off. My plumber has been of no help and I am not sure I'd trust his opinion anyways at this point (did I mention he cut one of our engineered i-joist?). We have the following in the house:

Master Bathroom: two 2.5gpm shower heads (one rain shower & one handheld - CANNOT be used at the same time - one or the other), 1 freestanding tub filler with a 2gpm hand shower)

Bath 1: Shower head and hand shower both 2gpm but cannot be used at the same time

Bath 2: 2.5gpm shower head, 2.0gpm hand shower, and 5.0gpm tub spout (cannot be used at the same time)

We may decide to put in a sprinkler system and possibly an unground pool in the future. We do not have any body jets in the showers. We have a top loading washer machine, a dishwasher, 3 hose bibs, and half bath in addition to what is listed above. We will likely have a reverse osmosis system on the kitchen faucet water and will likely need a softener.

I just feel like I am being oversold by the well company, so I am looking for other recommendations or experiences. Thank you!

Comments (4)