SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sickpup404

Private well test results - need recommendations.

sickpup404
14 years ago

Hi there people!

We recently had our private well tested and the results arrived today:

Flouride . . . . Chloride . . . . 15.2 mg/L

Nitrate(NO2) . . Nitrate(NO3) . . 13.0 mg/L

Sulfate. . . . . Hardness . . . . 14.4 mg/L

Sodium . . . . . 7.9 mg/L

Iron . . . . . . Alkalinity . . . 10 mg/L

pH . . . . . . . 4.9

I've searched and found a few great and infomative posts here from some of you, but they all dealt with other problem areas. I was hoping I could get some ideas and recommendations for how to remedy the high Nitrate (NO3) and low pH.

Backround info:

We're on a private well in the country - Southern Delaware. We built our house about 11 years ago and have PVC plumbing (the stuff that has a light tan/yellow tint). The land was previously farmland. We generally have our septic pumped about every 3 years and have no problems with it. We just added an irrigation system last year, but have hardly ever used fertilizer (maybe twice in the 11 years we've lived here, in the first year or two). I haven't measured it exactly, but the well is about 90-100' from the septic and at least 100-110' from the drain field. The property is level. We have some pitting in the kitchen faucet, and have had pinhole leaks in the copper pipe that connects the water heater to the house (it uses the kind like a "bendy straw").

Any help you all could provide is greatly appreciated!! If you need more info from me, please just ask!

Thx!

Steve

Comments (4)