SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
girlsingardens

Do you ever get overwhelmed???

girlsingardens
17 years ago

Okay I can't stop canning. You have probably seen the posts and all that I have done so far this year. I have over 300 jars of stuff in the canning closet and more to go. I have 2 five gallon buckets of tomatoes, 5 gallons of grannie smith apples, enough veggies to make 4 gallons of mixed veggie pickles, wild grapes and cabbage.

Here is the problem, at a school supper last night I was talking to someone about my canning and she asked if I use banana peppers, I told her I love them in salsa, mixed pickles and also pickled alone. She told me that she has tons to give and asked if I need salsa peppers. I told her to take them to school and I will take them all. The neighbors have grapes for me to pick, pears and apples too. I told the guidence counselor to bring me his okra and I will can that. I bought 10 dozen lids and 4 dozen lids and rings to be ready and have lots of jars from a relative.

I can't stop canning, I am just sitting her thinking about all the wonderful things that I could make and don't know where to start. I know that I am going to do the cinnamon apple rings, gallons of mixed fridge pickles, something with tomatoes, and more grape juice. Then I think, maybe I need to try chow chow with the cabbage ( already have 13 quarts of homemade sourkraut), and those mustart pickles sound so good, Oh and I do have some zucchinis, what to do with them. So I am not overwhelmed by the produce just the thought of all that I can make.

Hello, my name is Stacie and I am addicted to canning

Comments (39)