SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aka_catherinet

A bit off-topic....about ceramic plates and spots.

catherinet (5IN)
4 months ago

Hi all. I know this is really off-topic, but I couldn't think of where else I might get some opinions about this.

I have had Yorktown Pfalzgraff stoneware dishes and have been using them for over 40 years. I believe in using things until they fall apart.....and then some. ;)

We live out in the country and have a well. We recently got a new hot water heater and a new water softener (couple months ago). But I think this has been going on since before those changes.

Anyhow.......I've noticed that my plates have developed blue/gray spots on them. It takes some bicarbonate of soda and scrubbing to get the stains off. But they keep coming back.

I can't figure out why this is happening. I've read that some cheaper silverware can cause this reaction, but I'm using the same silverware I have had for years.

We had a big water test done and it seems like everything is okay........although our fluoride is always high (as usual).

Any ideas why this might be happening? Is it possible that these dishes are just tired and worn out and want to move on? ;)

Thanks for your input!

Comments (7)