SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jesslake

Tell me a bit about warming drawers

jesslake
7 years ago

Hi - In our new kitchen, I'd like to have a warming drawer. We're going with smaller ovens instead of big ones so I like the idea of having another spot for keeping things warm, and I'm intrigued about using a drawer to slow cook or proof bread. My cooking is fairly straightforward but we do have big family dinners often enough and I've been feeling more creative in the kitchen lately (I guess an impending reno will do that!). I have lots of under counter space to play with and a flexible budget so I can fit a warming drawer into the plan. However, I live in a smaller city on an island and warming drawers seem to still be rare items here. I haven't seen many in person and getting to a larger selection would be a trek. So can you knowledgeable and kind people tell me a bit more about what you use your warming drawer(s) for, what you love or hate about them, features I must have, etc? Favourite brands? I'd prefer to panel/integrate mine so I'll be looking for that option.

I'd also like to know about the interior space as the spec sheets rarely give dimensions. Would you prefer a single 30" drawer or two 24"? Two 24" would fit perfectly and fill a bit of dead space I have but I'm not sure how useful they would be compared to one larger one.

Thank you!

Comments (5)