SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
claudette03

Office Inspiration sos

Meg C
2 years ago

I am updating a living room into a home office. I have been scouring the web for ideas and can't find anything that feels right. I know what I want as far as style, feel and colors; I just don't know what the best set up will be so it's functional, appropriate for occasional clients, and still integrates with the rest of my home.
The room Is 12.3 x 12.5, 9 foot ceiling and is mostly north facing in the front of the house. It has built-in bookcases around the windows and is an odd shape with french doors. The wall mounted tv could be moved if absolutely necessary and I have an upright piano (35H x 23W) that will probably have to stay. This is also where our occasional guests stay.
The wainscoting, trim, crown, shelving, and doors will be white. The walls will be Behr Cracked Pepper and the carpet is a neutral color. My astetic is eclectic, boho and chic. I haven't purchased furniture yet, but I am thinking a plush sleeper sofa (18x33x26) and ottoman (31x84x40) in white. I am getting desk, chair and a floor lamp since there isn't any wired lighting. The desk size depends on what will fit best. I'd like to see out the windows, but I know I can't have everything. I've included a few pics of desks I would consider. The smallest is 35x21 and the biggest is 55x34.
I'd love to see any pics of similar rooms or hear ideas. I'm super stumped.
Thanks!

Comment