SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plllog

Musings on flavor assumptions

plllog
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Please add your own musings!

Recently, I've had some pain from unhappy muscles. The person working on them recommended an herbal compound including valerian root. I was warned that it stank to high heaven. It does! But it's a lot easier to get into my mouth than Brussels sprouts!

I never thought much of honey butter. I think the issue was what they serve in restaurants--cheap honey and cheaper butter. Not much flavor to either. I've just discovered melty cultured butter with a drizzle of mesquite honey, is a whole different experience.

Some of our members insist that one would adore rare meat if one would try. Recently, I've encountered such horrors, and I promise, I still hate it. What I did learn, because I was paying attention, is that it's not just the mushy texture I hate, but the metallic flavor. Ugh. I ate it to be polite, but I never will choose to do so if given an alternative.

M&M's are salty. I was told no. I checked the label. There's salt in the chocolate.

Matzah, at least the machine made kind from white flour, is said to be flavorless. I think it tastes toasty. It shows up even more in cooking and baking.

The satsuma tangerines with the dried out rinds have the most flavor but are hard to peel.

Bananas taste most banana-y when they're starting to get yellow but still streaked with green.

Comments (52)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths