Simplicity
last month
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (10)
Related Discussions
Review of my new Simplicity Regent..any others with this machine?
Comments (9)Swimjim, Thanks for the response. I can appreciate your stepping up to the 22/44 for the beefier tranny. What do you think of the Briggs Twin engine compared to the Kohler Courage? For me the Kohler was a big improvement in terms of noise, from my old 8hp Briggs, and apprears to have plenty of power. Since my lot is fairly level, I felt the K46 would handle the tasks OK. I was concerned about pulling heavy loads, such as my lawn sweeper when it's full, but it handled that task with ease. I had fun comparing the Regent to other tractors. What I appreciate about the simplicity is they have kept things simple....much like my old '67. In fact, several basic design elements have not changed much...such as how the floating deck works. They have been proven to work...and did very well on my old machine. Features I liked the most.... The mow in reverse switch, that I don't have to hit every time I back up....unlike Deere tractors. I don't want some damn attorney telling me how to operate my tractor! Excellent ergonomics...this is a very comforatable tractor to operate. The frame design...which I feel is a more solid design than the 12 guage frames on other tractors I inspected. The K46 Transmission was important, as this apprears to be a good unit and suitable to my needs. It was one of the key reasons I did not choose a deere LA model...as they are currently using the T40(?) if I recall. It's interesting that their is an active discussion on the K46's right now. I wonder if mine is the same used in the X300 deere's? The electric PTO is nice...I only hope it is durable. The tight 14" turning radius is very nice...especially compared to the wide turning radius of my old '67. The price....at $2100 for my unit it is a reasonalbe balance between box store machines, and higher end Deere's & Simplicities. It is well built & IMO the "moving" parts are designed to last longer than most box store machines, and very close to what you get in the x300. I liked the x300 very much. It is beautifully built, but the price was a bit more than I wanted to spend, and the basic frame, tranny & deck design did not appear significantly superior. The engine is however very nice. Overall I am very pleased with this new toy....Happieness is a new tractor :). I highly recommend to anyone looking that they put Simplicity on their list....See MoreSimplicity Deck Rollers
Comments (12)The rollers were the primary reason I selected the simplicity. I guess it would depend somewhat on your particualr application. See the link below. If you go to the bottom of the page that lists the topics (not this one, the previous one) and enter simplicity, regent etc. you will find a range of topics posted on these mowers. I think most will be in favor of the rollers. Here is another link (cut and paste into browser) on the same subject (snapper vs simplicity)http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/tractor/msg0813153627528.html Here is a link that might be useful: broadmoor review...See MoreKohler Simplice faucet water stream question
Comments (8)Hmmm....Crud build up does cause that, but there really shouldn't be "crud" build up after only 2 weeks.... Do you have well water or are you on "city water"? If a well, there may be sediment in the faucet head. Try rubbing the the area where the water comes out -- rub it hard and in a circular motion, it might loosen up and allow the sediment to be pushed out. If you're on city water (i.e., public water), then I'm not sure what to tell you! I'd try the above anyway, just to see if it makes a difference. If not, it may be defective. Even the best manufacturers have a "lemon" now and then. Try calling Kohler for a replacement. When the stream/spray switch on my Kohler Vinnata wore out, they replaced the faucet head for free, no questions asked -- and it was 7 years old or so....See MoreSimplicity Broadmoor Would not turn over
Comments (3)Hi Wow, I still watch for your comments on the Windows board (even though Houzz kind of screwed it up). things are going well, just too damn busy. I hope the window supply chain issues are subsiding....See More- last monthlast modified: last month
Related Stories

MOST POPULARA Few Words on the Power of Simplicity
An architect considers a pared-down approach to modern home design
Full Story
ARCHITECTURESimplicity vs. Simpleness in Architecture — and Why You Should Care
Don't confuse these two concepts; your home's beauty and ability to inspire are at stake
Full Story
DINING ROOMSNew This Week: 3 Dining Rooms That Embrace Simplicity
These stripped-down dining rooms have simple furnishings and soothing white palettes to minimize mealtime distractions
Full Story
FARMHOUSESHouzz Tour: Farmhouse Simplicity on the Lake
A north Minnesota lake house is a comfortable getaway for family and friends
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSHouzz Tour: Picture-Perfect Simplicity
It’s like camping out in a catalog sometimes at this classic farmhouse — Pottery Barn and other retailers love it for photo shoots
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: Simplicity and Serenity in a Vintage-Modern Remodel
A thoughtful collaboration between client, designer and contractor beautifully blends period charm with modern Japanese style in Seattle
Full Story
COTTAGE STYLEHouzz Tour: Simplicity a Virtue in an English Country Cottage
Muted colors and a mix of old and new transform a 19th-century cottage into a clean and cozy family abode
Full Story
FARMHOUSESHouzz Tour: Shaker Simplicity Inspires a Modern Farmhouse
Mixing classic farmhouse style with sustainable features, this Connecticut home is as charming as it is sensible
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: Pure Simplicity Reigns in Salt Lake City
Minimalist style puts dynamic architecture and hillside views front and center in a renovated Utah home
Full Story
agmss15