I scream, you scream, we all scream for… fruit popsicles!
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (50)
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
Related Discussions
here we go...I feel like crying and screaming over our build.
Comments (51)Oh, KYgirl--Big hugs coming from me, too. I haven't been on his forum in a while because I've been dealing with our own build from He$$, and I didn't read all the responses in this thread, but I did read your original post. We've just gone through something very, very similar--different problems, but similar in scope, jerk of a builder, almost no on-site supervision, several horrible subs, lots of stress and tears. It has been horrible. We ended up moving into our house ten days ago while it was still unfinished because of having to be out of our rental, reaching our bank deadline for closing, etc. I just wrote you a long post, but realized that it ended up being about me, not you--and this is your thread! So, I guess I just want to say that I sympathize with you, and I think I understand a lot of what you must be feeling. It's a good day if I haven't cried more than once before 9 a.m.! This has been the most stressful, unpleasant experience of our lives. Friends will say, "Oh, you must be so excited to be in your house," and I feel like a spoiled brat if I don't respond positively. It has been a nightmare. There's still lots to be done here, dh and I are doing and/or redoing stuff that we've already paid contractors to do, but they either did a crappy job or haven't been showing up. It just sucks. As badly as I feel for you, reading your post at least made me feel as though I'm not the only one who has gone through this and I thought you might want to know you're not alone. The old misery loves company routine, I guess! Take care of yourself, and try not to let it get you down--I know how hard it is, but if we don't look at the positive side, we'll go completely crazy. Although, at least you could then plead insanity when you're charged with killing Mr. Peanut!...See MoreI'm with Kelntx, I'm ready to scream!!
Comments (12)I really don't want to be a whiner! I went out to mine 3 times today just to see WHAT was getting done. To GC's credit, he's busting his hump finishing all HIS stuff. The marble guy was there all day long and all he got done was the tub surround. Not sure if he OD'd on turkey, or what, but he's moving a little slow. Okay, so kel, on the bright side, I think I mentioned this before--we must believe that WHEN all the subs do as they should, that things will happen very quickly. Honestly, if you think about it, most subs like plumbers, electricians, really only need a few days to do their thing. SO, if all the stars align and the planets are in their houses...OR WHATEVER!!!!!!!! HAHA! I told DH I think the thing that really upsets me is I don't like being lied to. I don't appreciate subs making up excuses for why they didn't do their job when they were supposed to do it. If you ain't coming, just say, "I ain't coming". Don't make up some lame excuse why! UGH. I also have slowly, but surely, figured out that if a sub should be at your house and he's not, he sure enough isn't going to answer the phone! My build really has been okay up until now. I have found the whole process pretty gratifying, actually. But now that we're down to the wire, we just don't have the luxury of take our sweet time to do things and I'm exhausted. Living in chaos is such a drain and I'm ready for things to calm down and get back to boring ol' family life! I will say a prayer for all of us and hopefully sleep tonight, knowing that tomorrow is another day...full of promises....See Morei scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!
Comments (23)No problem, Daylilydayzed. Here it is: Limoncello-Mint Sorbet with Fresh Blackberries Limoncello, the citrusy Italian liqueur, brightens this sorbet. It's nice to have a bottle on hand to splash with soda in a spritzer or macerate with fruit for a quick dessert. 2 cups water 1 1/3 cups sugar 1/2 cup limoncello 1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 6 large lemons) 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint 2 cups blackberries Lemon slices (optional) 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat; add lemon juice and mint. Cover and chill. 2. Strain juice mixture through a sieve into a bowl; discard solids. Pour mixture into the freezer can of an ice-cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Spoon sorbet into a freezer-safe container; cover and freeze 1 hour or until firm. Serve with blackberries; garnish with lemon slices, if desired. Yield: 8 servings (serving size: about 1/2 cup sorbet and 1/4 cup berries) CALORIES 184 ; FAT 0.2g (sat 0.0g,mono 0.0g,poly 0.1g); CHOLESTEROL 0.0mg; CALCIUM 13mg; CARBOHYDRATE 39.3g; SODIUM 1mg; PROTEIN 0.6g; FIBER 2g; IRON 0.2mg Cooking Light, MAY 2009 Lori...See MoreDoes formica scream 'I'm on a budget!' ?
Comments (68)There are loads of great-looking laminates out there nowadays, with all sorts of colors, textures, and patterns - ranging from ultramodern to retro and everything in between, including many looks that would be hard to duplicate using other materials. It is not just the choice for the financially unendowed. My main beef with the material is that (a) is is nearly impossible to intergrate an undermount sink or other transition where there won't be a dirt-catching, space-stealing ledge surrounding the sink, and (b) the material can't be rolled both vertically and horizontally. That is, if you have a curved cabinet in the corner or at the edge, you'll have to either to have telltale seams at the countertop edges in front, or have a bullnose or other shape made of another material fastened to the front of the countertops to handle the curves. I've used laminate countertops with rolled edges rather than seams and few realized it was even laminate, since they're used to seeing those black seams on the top and bottom of the edge and between the countertop and backsplash....See More- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
Related Stories

GARDENING FOR BUTTERFLIESBring on the Birds: Natural Habitat Ideas for Gardens of All Sizes
Provide nesting, watering and perching spots inspired by the Costa Rican jungle and watch the birds flock on over
Full Story
MOVINGThe All-in-One-Place Guide to Selling Your Home and Moving
Stay organized with this advice on what to do when you change homes
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOME12 Very Useful Things I've Learned From Designers
These simple ideas can make life at home more efficient and enjoyable
Full Story
ARTThe Best Ways to Care for, Clean and Store Art
Keep your treasures on canvas and paper in top shape with this expert advice from two gallery directors
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNMost Popular Features for a New Kitchen? A Pro Tells All
A kitchen designer describes the seven elements her clients most frequently request
Full Story
GREEN BUILDINGWhat's LEED All About, Anyway?
If you're looking for a sustainable, energy-efficient home, look into LEED certification. Learn about the program and its rating system here
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESThe Dumbest Decorating Decisions I’ve Ever Made
Caution: Do not try these at home
Full Story
DECLUTTERINGTame the Toy Chaos: Bin Storage for All
New project for a new year: With bins, totes and shelves, a clutter-free playroom can be yours
Full Story
COLORWarm Up to White All Around the House
Explore the many ways to design a white kitchen, bathroom, dining room or bedroom that's far from stark and sterile
Full Story
BATHROOM DESIGNUniversal Bath Design: Light Your Bathroom for All Ages and Abilities
Learn about uplighting, downlighting, visual cueing and avoiding glare for a bathroom that's safe and works for all
Full Story

















2ManyDiversionsOriginal Author