I Scream ; )
7 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (49)
Related Discussions
I could scream. Should I give up?
Comments (45)The old adage "if you want something done right, do it yourself" rings very true here. I like the yellow stakes idea. Even if the mow/blow guys can't read, surely they know their colors - do not touch!!! The yard man who does the landscape care where I work clips the formosa azaleas like hedges - even after August when they have set their buds for next spring. I told my boss but he still does it, and there were no flowers this year. Duh! You grow up in Florida and don't know azaleas aren't hedges??? I've had my neighbor's "20-year old handyman/gardener" spray RU in the wind (my whole front yard of roses was downwind) and say "my uncle says it only kills grass". There's no cure for stupid. The builder of our subdivision (34 lots) did not want an HOA but after erecting a nice entrance sign for the subd name was told by the city that doing so required him to have an association (?!?!). So he went the minimally invasive route of a POA - Property Owners Association. In Florida anyway a POA may or may not apply even the few rules they have which are only meant to protect property values NOT dictate house color, yard plantings, etc. Our rules do say we must have grass in the front yard, but the board has not enforced that against me. :)) Invariably, there are errors in communication - especially between men and women (I won't say more, but I don't understand what's so hard about LISTENING). Funny thing - my bosses DH is a very verbal, non-mechanical, lawyer-educated but non practicing man who repeats EVERYTHING he says at least twice. At first I found it kind of aggravating, but then I came to appreciate the second chance to "get" his instructions and now wish everyone would "tell me twice". I'm more and more grateful for the toughness of OGRs. I hope hoovb's HOA Mons Tillier is on its way to recovery, and I hope luxrosa's 12" tall teas survived. I will be hugely impressed if they do. Sherry...See MoreI am SO mad I could scream! WWYD??
Comments (26)We actually met with our stainer, who is also our painter, after work today. Since he has worked with this stair builder before, I showed him my cabinetry & flooring samples and asked him what Jake meant by "dark maple" in his experience. He told me that stairs he has sprayed previously for Jake in dark maple are more of a walnut color and even if he just used a natural stain, he was honest enough to tell me it wouldn't look good with the ginger maple I have selected. He also told me that Jake "is a nice guy" and he's sure we'll be able to work something out. DH is leaving tonight OOT on business for 2 days so I have to work this out myself with him tomorrow. I will definitely be taking all of your advice and ensuring we have all bases covered 100%. We did actually consider painting the trim of the stairs, but I guess because our curved stairs are also open (ie: no risers) our designer wanted full wood. However we're going with satin chrome spindles that really dress them up & give them some splash. The more I think how dark that is, the more I get sick to my stomach and shake my head wondering what on earth he was thinking??? We don't have a large house either, that dark would look awful. Oh well. Wish me luck tomorrow please, I really hope I don't need it but could use all I can get. And thank you again for all of your advice, this has been very gratefully appreciated....See MoreYou scream...I scream...
Comments (15)Oh yeah, homemade ice cream is definitely worth the trouble. I like the mocha brownie chunk, I got the recipe here. Elery loves butter pecan, I make it with brown sugar from another recipe I also got here. I have one of those little Cuisinart ice cream makers that you put the insert in the freezer. 20 minutes and I can have ice cream, or that prickly pear sorbet that Sol pointed me to, or frozen yogurt or a zillion things. Oh yeah, definitely worth it. I seldom top ice cream, although I've been known to make a chocolate malted out of it. The Monkey Princess and Bruvver like fudge sauce for their ice cream, and sprinkles. Annie...See MoreNeed a good belly laugh.. read this :)
Comments (6)Wow.....you would have had my brother at the first toot. He's awfully impressed by farts. I think we've all had a similar experience, sans the expensive shoes!...See More- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 6 years ago
Related Stories

PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: Decor That Doesn't Scream 'Halloween'
Subtly moody art and accessories can work well around the home for October 31 festivities and long after
Full Story
Guest Picks: Throw a Hauntingly Dramatic Halloween Party
Ghoulish black and ghostly silver accessories and servewear make for a bash that's sure to have friends screaming in delight
Full Story
WINTER GARDENING6 Reasons I’m Not Looking Forward to Spring
Not kicking up your heels anticipating rushes of spring color and garden catalogs? You’re not alone
Full Story
EXTERIORSHelp! What Color Should I Paint My House Exterior?
Real homeowners get real help in choosing paint palettes. Bonus: 3 tips for everyone on picking exterior colors
Full Story
Guest Picks: Affordable Kilims in Colors for Everyone
Add a handmade feel with kilim rugs, pillows or even a bench in hues from dazzling to subtle — and some cost as little as lunch
Full Story
LIFEThe Beautiful Thing About Dad's Chair
My father had his own spot in the house. His father had his own spot. Now I have mine
Full StorySponsored































2ManyDiversionsOriginal Author