Houzz Logo Print
2manydiversions

I Scream ; )

2ManyDiversions
4 years ago

…you scream

….we all scream for…

ICE CREAM!

Without a doubt summer is here in the States. Hot, humid, muggy. I think just the sound of cicadas makes it hotter. It’s a good time to sit on the porch with a chunk of watermelon, your favorite ice-cold beverage, or a big old bowl of homemade ice cream. I used my Amazon points to purchase an ice cream maker, so of course I needed to ‘test it out’ just to be sure it wasn’t going to break anytime soon : )

DH wanted Vanilla first, so I made David Lebovitz custard-based vanilla. Rich and decadent.

3rd Photos for Uploading · More Info

Being a chocoholic, I also made Ciao Bella’s chocolate gelato, also custard based. Bittersweet chocolate of course. I had a bowl of both ; )

And quite late one evening I had to have a chocolate gelato milkshake… just a small one. Heavenly.

Next, I searched GW for strawberry ice cream and found Lar’s Cuisinart Strawberry Ice Cream, no cook recipe… This has been our favorite thus far. DH ate the biggest bowl-full right out of the ice cream maker. He loved the chunks of frozen berries. And he went back for seconds. I thought he’d founder!

For me, nothing says summer like a delicious, thick, strawberry milkshake!

Up next? Peach ice cream of course! I also had used my points for my first immersion blender. It made super-fast work of pureeing the peaches! (the eggs have a “P” on them as those are the ones I pasteurized).

So Refreshing!

After that… as you can guess, I was ice-creamed out (and we still have some in the freezer). I had some roadside-stand cantaloupe, beautifully ripe, that needed to be eaten. I whipped out my immersion blender again and made Caio Bella’s Cantaloupe Sorbetto: A perfect muggy day treat, and of course, much lighter than ice cream. Just simple syrup, a bit of lemon juice, well pureed cantaloupe, and an ice cream maker!

At this point I can say with some degree of authority that my ice cream maker might be just fine.

Do you like ice cream, milkshakes, sorbet, or granitas? What are your favorite flavors? Do you make your own? Anyone ever try something unusual, like bacon ice cream or jalapeno ice cream?

Comments (49)