SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neely_gw

Tips on Enchiladas please

neely
13 days ago

I was hoping the good people here could talk to me about enchiladas. When we visited my son’s place my DDIL made us Jamie Oliver’s vegetarian enchiladas and they tasted good. Sweet potato and black beans were some of the veg included in the rolled up enchiladas.

Now before people mention my ignorance about all things Mexican, I do understand there is a difference between authentic Mexican food and what I understand is called Tex Mex. There are authentic restaurants here as well as the not so authentic. Also there are a couple of shops that stock authentic Mexican goods but they are an hour away through traffic.

When it comes to making enchiladas, what is the main difference between authentic and non traditional and does it matter greatly? For example, I don’t like using the very hot chilli’s, Jalapeno is about my standard. ( except when it comes to hot Indian curries which are different to me) so is it Ok to use Jalapeno instead of say chilli de arbol and what would be an acceptable substitute for queso fresco.

I guess I am asking “what is the secret to good enchiladas”?

Comments (19)