SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smickerdoodle

i hate bats!

smickerdoodle
14 years ago

Oh My Gosh! Sunday night I was going to walk into my bedroom and came face to face with a BAT! There is nothing in this world I am more afraid of than bats! I ducked and screamed. I reached to close the door and he swooped at my face again. So I screamed again and just slammed the door, but he swooped past me into the livingroom. With no thought of my children who were in the livingroom I ran in my room and slammed the door. The kids ran for my daughter's room and slammed that door while the bat swooped wildly around the rest of the house. After getting myself back together we started looking for him to try to get him out of the house. We searched for two hours and couldn't find him anywhere. So we closed the bedroom doors and Cody slept in Cari's room since his is a loft over the livingroom.

Last night I again went to walk into my bedroom and again I was met face to face by the bat. Again I screamed and this time I slammed the door and trapped him in the bedroom. Since the bedroom window was open I went outside and took the screen out so that maybe he would fly out. I never knew that bats were so stupid. He swooped wildly around the room and past the window for ten minutes before he decided to hang from the trim over my closet door. He hung there until I tried to go into the room to try and catch him. Then he would start swooping around again. Unfortunately, at the time this was all going on, the girls were across town at their dad's house. Neither of them are afraid of bats! I drove over to get them so we could get him out. When we got back, he was hiding someplace. We searched my room thoroughly. Moved every piece of furniture, took every piece of clothing out of the closet and shook it to make sure he wasn't in there. Nothing in my room went unmoved or untouched. We couldn't find him anywhere. I took the daughter that lives with her dad back home.

When Cari and I came back in the back door, The darn thing swooped at us again. Cari was in front of me. She screamed and ducked. Then he was coming back at my face aagain. I screamed and ducked too. At least now we knew where he was at! Cari grabbed a towel and tried to catch him with it. When that didn't work, she grabbed the broom and swung it at the bat. She knocked him down and tried to throw the towel over him but he was too fast. She knocked him down with the broom again and this time left the broom lay over him until she had him in the towel. Then she took him outside and let him go. I think he was as happy to be out of our house as we were that he was gone.

I love watching the bats fly around outside in the evening, but I hope they never get in the house again. This is the third one since we moved in three years ago. And they are still not welcome in my house!

Just thought I would share our little adventure. I hope you have gotten as many laughs out of it as we had while it was happening. Even though we would scream when he flew at us, we were laughing the rest of the time.

~Micki~

Comments (8)