SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cdavmd

So Frustrated I could scream!!

cdavmd
15 years ago

Hi everyone, first my apologies for this post, but I need to vent actually I need to punch my pool salesman in the mouth!!

Some of you have seen our pool build thread. We are so close now....yet it seems it will never end.

We started in November after signing the contract in early October. Our smooth talking salesman really BS'd me (shame on me for considering him honest). After getting various bids, we narrowed down to the two biggest-most reputable builders in my area. My sales guy had a beautiful draft for us, called two times a day for 10 days, went the extra mile of going to our town conservation hearing to get us approval for the pool. I really liked the guy, promised to build a great pool, assured us that by starting in the fall we would be done by Mid-May (weather allowing). I called several references and got glowing ref on them, one of my neighbors had a pool built by them and was pleased. So we went with them even if they were the highest bidder, but we were able to get the most pool from them.

The build gets started and this guy disappears. We run into design issues and cant seem to get him to come back out. The actual build foreman kinda takes over, we shut down for the winter. In March he is supposed to come out and meet with the build foreman to go over the re-design issues. He no shows! We speak on the phone, he tells me he has things under control and to meet him at the main office to pick out tile, pavers, etc. We show up, he no shows again. The pool company owner gets ticked, tells us he is sorry for this guy, and that we cant pick anything out until we have a redesign. Promises that the sales guy will be in touch the following week. He finally shows, makes some suggestions, and tells me we will be all wrapped up by May. Again he disappears, we wait another week, at which point I contact the paver sub myself and get things rolling. When the paver sub asks me for a deposit, the pool builder goes nuts and says that has to go through them.

Tick tock another week goes by . We essentially lost the month of April on the build, nothing gets done. Finally I speak to the company owner and things get moving again, They started back up in early May.

Anyway, various delays, etc....we are finally at the Pebble Tec stage. Now get this. There is only one certified Pebble Tec installer in Massachusetts, and recently acquired information informs me that my builder usually has River Rok installed. Never heard this until last couple of weeks. Well there must be bad blood between the pebble installer and my pool builder because they only have a few pebble jobs a year for them. End result, we cannot get a date to be pebbled! My builder is all apologetic but has no information for me.

I tried calling the Pebble tec installer myself and the receptionist tells me they cant call me back until late next week. I tried calling the national Pebble Tec offices and although very empathetic, they cannot influence the schedules of the appliers.

So after all the assurances that we would be done by Mid May, then by June 7th (my sons planned Birthday party), things keep moving off. We rescheduled our sons party for June 27th when I realized we were not going to be done by June, thinking surely, we would be done by the 27th. They thought they would be done by this weekend...NOT! Now the 27th is rapidly approaching, no date for pebble in sight, and no one to turn to...ugh....this is so FRUSTRATING!!

At this point I am ready to pay the pebble installer extra to just get it done...if I can only get someone on the phone!! You would think with the economy the way it is, they would be trying to get jobs. Like I told the national pebble tec offices, here I am, I want your product, don't force me to go with something else. You would think they would want to help out a consumer wanting their product caught in the middle of some "pool company war"

Anyway thanks for listening. The ranting will now cease. Problem is I don't feel any better.

Here is a link that might be useful: David pool build

Comments (35)

• smbnobles
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I can only imagine how frustrating that is. We're still waiting on odds and ends, but we were lucky.

I don't know anything about River Rok. Is that not an option for you?

• cdavmd
    Original Author
    15 years ago

thanks smb, I only know the colors are very limited...I only see 6 on the palate. I can't seem to find many pool pictures with river rok or many comments on the forum. I also do not know how it measures up as a product, warranty, etc. It does not seem you have to be certified to apply it like pebble.

Sigh, oh well, back to sitting by the empty hole in the ground.

• Related Discussions

So Frustrated With Our Vermont Castings !

Q

Comments (2)
    Have you tried to speak to the manufacturer? If it's still under warranty, they should be able to respond, in fact, even if the warranty expired. I hope they have a responsive customer service department. We have a Jotul gas insert that we're happy with so far, but their customer service department is almost exclusively for the contractors who install their things -- they don't respond to retail inquiries, which was a disappointment when we had some questions. I hope Vermont Castings is more responsive. The other things is: When you have the guy come over to get it working, is he able to explain why it was malfunctioning and what you can do about it on your own if it happens again?
    ...See More

i scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!

Q

Comments (23)
    No problem, Daylilydayzed. Here it is: Limoncello-Mint Sorbet with Fresh Blackberries Limoncello, the citrusy Italian liqueur, brightens this sorbet. It's nice to have a bottle on hand to splash with soda in a spritzer or macerate with fruit for a quick dessert. 2 cups water 1 1/3 cups sugar 1/2 cup limoncello 1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 6 large lemons) 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint 2 cups blackberries Lemon slices (optional) 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat; add lemon juice and mint. Cover and chill. 2. Strain juice mixture through a sieve into a bowl; discard solids. Pour mixture into the freezer can of an ice-cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Spoon sorbet into a freezer-safe container; cover and freeze 1 hour or until firm. Serve with blackberries; garnish with lemon slices, if desired. Yield: 8 servings (serving size: about 1/2 cup sorbet and 1/4 cup berries) CALORIES 184 ; FAT 0.2g (sat 0.0g,mono 0.0g,poly 0.1g); CHOLESTEROL 0.0mg; CALCIUM 13mg; CARBOHYDRATE 39.3g; SODIUM 1mg; PROTEIN 0.6g; FIBER 2g; IRON 0.2mg Cooking Light, MAY 2009 Lori
    ...See More

rotary cutter problem

Q

Comments (16)
    I''ve used the rotary cutters for years and years, yet I was having problems with a brand new blade today and couldn't figure what the problem was, so I went on line to see if there was a possibility of manufacturing defects and came across this site and read the posts but it was kathi_mdgd that got me looking much closer and lo and behold I did have 2 blades. Yet I had been so careful taking what I thought was only one out of the package. what a relief, as I couldn't cut the cotton, the blade just seemed to drag. Thanks Kathi and all of you. I just love my Olfa cutters, have many different ones, and wouldn't part with them.
    ...See More

Fire in kitchen; restoration not going well - long

Q

Comments (4)
    No fire but a burst pipe in a 2nd floor bath and us out of town. My DD discovered it when she came by to check on the house on Super Bowl Sunday. Boy, did she have a treat trying to find anyone to come out. It did extensive damage, as it went through the hardwood floor to the basement where the pop and stick tiles installed by the previous owner, popped up and ended up blocking the floor drain. I can't remember the company we used but they broke things, lost things, never did finish repairs and generally were horrible. My insurance company was not horrible, but also not very helpful. The GC we hired turned out to be a total flake - high recommendations from people in my neighborhood, who later told me that they had had "a few problems with her" but since they were all members of the country club they didn't feel "right" talking poorly about her. In the end, 90% was done correctly and the last 10%...well, they just wore us down and by then (happened in late Jan and we were now in late July!), we just wanted them out of the house. I feel your pain... Hope the cat is okay.
    ...See More
  • smbnobles
    15 years ago

There is a lady on here who just recently finished her pool. Maybe around a month ago. I remember her, because she lives in Katy, which like where I live, is a suburb of Houston.

She got River Rok (it was the first time I'd ever heard of it) and her water looks a lot like my Tahoe Blue.

I'll try to find her pool build thread.

• smbnobles
    15 years ago

Found it! Search is my friend, although I always forget it's there!

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/pools/msg0401282623558.html

The photos of it pre-water, look just like my Tahoe Blue. Her water color looks deeper though.

Hope this helps some.

• susannap2
    15 years ago

Hang in there Cd. We COMPLETELY understand your frustrations. Although we did not go with a PB. Our subcons that we did use showed when they showed. We finally had to sit down and tell them we also had a party planned, invites had been mailed out and can they please get it done???!!! Would it help if you expressed this to the owner? It may seem petty, but puts it in a more urgent light to the owner... I would be on the phone with the owner Monday morning! Here hoping that next week brings much more progress....

• cdavmd
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks smb, you have been a great help, really nice of you to find me that link. The color is quite striking. Something to consider.
    Thanks again.

Susanna, thanks for the support. I actually did speak my pb company owner....he is at a loss as to what to say, I told them all about the already once rescheduled party. I tried speaking to the owners of the plaster co and was told, they would call me back late next week....hoping next week brings better fortune. Thanks again.

• birdbath
    15 years ago

cdavmd-
    Just saw your post.
    Oh boy, you KNOW I have sympathy for you!!
    You are my "twin" on here, we like a lot of the same things, we're on the same frustrating schedule with our pools, and we both want that deep blue color. Look, I know that nothing is going to ease your mind much until the dang thing is done. But, it WILL get done. It will. This is incredibly frustrating, I understand. The link, though, to that River Rok pool is amazing, isn't it? That water color is simply stunning - much deeper than even the Ocean Blue. As a matter of fact, I'm considering calling our interior finish people to see if they can match it. We're set to go with the Ocean Blue pebblesheen right now. The color on the link above, however, looks even more rich.
    Maybe this setback is meant to be, yes? Maybe your ideal color is really in the River Rok, and not the Pebblesheen. Not sure if it helps or not, but the many subs that we had out here bidding on our pool in the last few weeks told me that the finishes with the rocks are all the same materials - regardless of what they call it. Pebblesheen, River Rok, Superior Stone, are all made of the same rocks. If you are determined to have the Pebbletec, then wait. Frustrating, but it may be worth it. On the other hand, there are many other finishes that are just as, if not more, beautiful. I know what you mean about the parties being delayed. We missed out on our Thanksgiving gathering, our Christmas party, my oldest son's farewell party to the Marine Corp, my daughter's High School graduation, and now we are hoping for the fourth of July.
    Everything is going to be alright, you can still get your pool done this week. The choice will probably come down to if you want to wait for the Pebbletec or not. Maybe on Monday you can call the River Rok people and find out more about their product. How long is their warranty? You might feel a lot better about it after you get some more information. You have been treated unfairly by a salesperson, and now you are having to pretty much act as your own contractor in order to get things done. Go ahead and scream, you deserve it! Then when you're done - jump on that saddle first thing Monday morning, make your phone calls, and then make an informed decision. My guess is that we're still going to get the interiors done to our pools at the same time! Next weekend, you and I will have a TOTALLY different outlook. Hang in there, I'm really rooting for you. I'm sorry you're going through this, but it will not change the fact that your pool is going to be gorgeous, and it's going to get done within just a few days. You're almost there, you're almost there.
    Your friend,

• mcubed3
    15 years ago

cdavmd-

Your scream has unnerved me. We are also in Massachusetts, refubishing an existing pool, and nearly ready to have Tahoe blue pebble-tec installed. It hasn't been scheduled yet. I didn't know there was only one certified installer. We have a big July 4th party planned and now I am wondering if we will be able to pull this off.

On a separate note, I noticed in your pics that you don't seem to have deck foam between your coping and your pavers. Our pool guy insists that we need 1/2" deck foam between the coping and the pavers. However, our pool deck installer says he has never used deck foam, it is not aesthetically pleasing, and he hasn't had any problems with the winter freeze causing the pavers to heave into the coping causing damage to the coping.

Did you (or anyone on this forum) have any experience or comments on the consequence of not using deck foam between coping and pavers in New England or in areas that have cold winters? The pavers are on a packed gravel with sand between the paver blocks. Thanks!

• cdavmd
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Birdbath, Thank you-THANK YOU! you are so awesome. I have no right to complain in contrast to what you have been through. My little bumps in the road are minor. I feel so bad that you went through all those important events still waiting for your pool. You are right we like similar designs, must be that AZ influence. I am so happy you are on schedule for your pebble. I actually started looking into river rok yesterday. There are not many pictures online, but you are right, the pool on the link is gorgeous. My wife says she does not care at this point, just get it done in time for our sons birthday. I am going to call the river rok folks tomorrow, see what I can find out. I don't want my PB to know yet, as they will predictably give up completely on pushing for our pebble.
    Thank you and everyone for the support, I do feel better. :)

• jmck_nc
    15 years ago

The pebble tec thing is a real pain. I can't believe they did not disclose the issue...ok, I can believe it! We wanted pebble in our new pool but there is only one installer in NC and they are 3 hours away from us. It would have been an extra 13K...not worth it. We are really happy with our dark plaster. I also LOVED the tahoe blue pebble tec we had on our pool in MA. The pool builder we used there had a pebble tec installation crew so it was easy. We never dreamed it would be such an issue to install on another pool. I feel your pain...you just want what was contracted, in the timeframe promised. Why is that so hard for a pool builder to understand??? Hope it all works out for your son's party.
    Judy

• cdavmd
    Original Author
    15 years ago

mcubed3...I had responded to you but now see it never made it ...probably one of those internet black holes.

Sorry I ruined your day too. Perhaps your contractor is on better terms with the Pebble tec installer. There are two in the entire area. One in MA and the other in CT (does some work in MA). Hope you get yours done in time.

Regarding the Pavers, I have been told it is not an issue if installed correctly. My paver sub was fantastic, the workmanship excellent. They have an outstanding reputation around here, confirmed by my personal friend who built my retaining wall ( he builds high end homes and has worked with them many times). I would not sweat it. Good luck- where in MA are you?

• kgolby
    15 years ago

My friend's pool was completed 2 weeks ago and they installed River Rok. Like you I hadn't heard of it until I went over there to see their pool It's a beautiful product. The pool water was a deep Carribean blue color. I liked how smooth it felt on my feet.
    I don't think you'll be disappointed if you go with the product. Good luck.

• cdavmd
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank Judy, amazing isn't it, they leave out little details just to get the job. No wonder he disappeared on me, he knew better than to show his face around here once things got underway. Who was your builder in MA if I may ask?

Kgolby...thats great to hear, my wife and I have been scouring the internet the last 24 hours, not much out there, but from the little we see, it seems if we blend their two darkest colors you get a very nice rich blue along the lines of Midnight blue pebble tec. So if we don't hear anything by tomorrow night, we may just go with the river rok. Many thanks.

• syntagma
    15 years ago

I LOVE my river rok! I have a very dark shade. It's a mixture of the black and blue shades they have! It's still aggregate which helps with it's longevity but it more smooth than pebble tec. More like pebble fina!

• mcubed3
    15 years ago

cdavmd -

Thanks for the feedback! I'll still do a little more poking around on the deck foam issue but it is good to hear you received advice that deck foam can be avoided.

We're in Sudbury and have been working with a good crew. Our pool contractor does a lot of work with pebble tec and I looked at pools he finished in Wellesley and Weston. However, we'll see if this translates into the timely completion of our pool.

Best wishes on your project.

• cdavmd
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Syntagma, we have been looking at your pool all weekend. We love your color. do you know the exact ratio they used....bags of lucayan blue to Emerald black? I know they can mix it 9:1, 8:2, etc. My impression was that river rok was inbetween pebble tec and pebble sheen in size. From my understanding Pebble fina is just a plaster like surface. thanks again for the info, glad to see you like it. We will probably be doing the same as yours...hopefully soon.

mcubed...we are in Sudbury too!! Go figure. Our pavers were put in by Triad. Do you have any pics up on your project?

• jmck_nc
    15 years ago

We put our pool in 9 years ago in Norfolk, MA and used Ferrari Pools. They were great for the build and for service after the fact. We moved to NC last summer in the midst of record high temps and a drought. Thought we wouldn't put a pool in here due to challenges of our lot...but quickly decided to go for it. We are so glad we did. We just spent the weekend relaxing by the pool and we truly felt like we were on vacation. Won't be long until you are enjoying mini vacations every weekend in your own backyard. And really...all the headaches of the build just fade away.
    Judy

• ron_in_mass
    15 years ago

cdavmd and Syntagma, I'd love to know who your builders are/were. We are getting close to signing a contract and are waffling between Environmental Pools and Andrews. Your woes, cdavmd, would make me avoid whomever you are using... Hang in there.

• cdavmd
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Judy...hope you are right....i want them to vanish instantly not fade away...lol. We looked at Ferrari, you probably built your pool in the days when Mr. Ferrari was still involved with the company. Supposedly, there were legal issues between them and he created a new off shoot company. We stayed away when we heard this. Thanks again for your encouragement.

Ron, Where are you in MA, send me an email and we can chat. cdavmd@comcast.net

• cdavmd
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well its Tuesday afternoon....tick tock...tick tock....I spoke with the Pebble Tec installer yesterday morning, I explained my situation to them, asked them if they could at least tell me if we would be done by the 27th so as to cancel or keep the party on, especially since I don't want to loose my caterer deposits, etc. They said they would get back to me. Guess what, no one has called, emailed, or made an attempt to get a hold of me. The national Pebble Tec customer service guy that was supposed to call me on Monday....guess what...never called either. My pool builder said that until he heard from them, there was nothing he could do.

We spoke about River rok. He sent some samples to my house today and promised we would be done this week if we go with it. I did a bit more research. So the stone size is slightly bigger than sheen but not as big as tec. You must be a certified installer to install the stuff, it carries a 10 year warranty against failure. My PB also warrants the application for 3 years. You can mix the basic colors to make your own version.

My wife (the real boss) just called me, she was looking the samples over, placing the samples underwater, etc. She likes it, says its nice and smooth and looks very similar to sheen. So we are going with it!

We are going with a similar blend as in Syntagma's awesome pool. Its called Blue Opal, it consists of 8 bags of the Lucayan blue mixed with 2 bags of the Emerald black. We are going to make ours a 7:3 mix so as to get a slightly darker richer blue. I will post some pics of the samples later today so as to get some badly needed info on this product posted and available on the forum.

Keeping our fingers crossed that it turns out how we envisioned.

Thanks everyone for all the support.

• ncrealestateguy
    15 years ago

Hopefully your last payment is not due until after the plaster is installed.
    I think I would aproach the PB and ask for compensation due to his inability to hire the agreed upon subs. You should not be held responsible for his dispute with Pebbletec. Your time and frustration is worth money, especially since he is the one that has defaulted on the contract.
    Ask to be reimbursed.

• cdavmd
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi NCReal...I am not sure I would have a legal leg to stand on. My final payment is not due until after plaster, and I actually still waiting for his invoice on the deck, etc. So there is still a significant amount of money in play. My mistake however, was not including a clause as to when the pool had to be finished in the contract. So he could tell me to wait for pebble when the pebble tec company gets around to doing it. Essentially it is our choice to go with river rok so that we can get it done, hence he can't loose. Thanks anyway, the frustration is priceless!!

• smbnobles
    15 years ago

I'm glad that River Rok worked out for you!

I'm thinking I deserve a finders fee. ;-)

• cdavmd
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Smb....i agree completely, you pointed me in the right direction. So name your price ;)

• smbnobles
    15 years ago

You could pay off my pool loan...

• cdavmd
    Original Author
    15 years ago

lol...Lol....LOL

• birdbath
    15 years ago

cdavmd-

Hi, any news yet on when you can put in your River Rok? It's going to be incredibly beautiful when you're done, it's so great that they can play with the colors like that. Pebblesheen is extremely limited when it comes to creativity. They will not budge on their "set" colors, no playing with the hues or intensities. That's a hard thing for a person like me to swallow. I always want to mess with stuff and get creative. Sigh. Our plaster company doesn't do River Rok, only Pebble. So, we're sticking to the Ocean Blue. The other color I liked on a pool turned out to be Beadcrete and is very, very expensive. SIGH. Leave it to me, champagne taste and a beer budget. Rats. :)
    I'm sending good thoughts your way that the pool gets done this week. Remember, it's only a few days until you have beautiful, blue water!

• smbnobles
    15 years ago

*sigh* It was worth a shot.

• ript-off
    15 years ago

My frustration is with our contractor C & D Builders AND Fox Pools. First, we gave our contractor ( a Fox Pool distrubutor ) $2900.00 on 2/13 to set in motion the replacement of our 30yr old pool liner. Then in late March we gave him an additional $2600.00 to replace the pool coping. He never ordered the liner or the coping but DID have us empty the pool to get if ready for the "people" to come and get it started. Of course, No one ever showed up. I have contact Fox Pools several times with phone calls, a written complaint form etc. I have even placed two calls to the president of Fox Pools to please contact me. I cannot believe that a company would allow this practice to go on and not even acknowledge my problem with a return phone call. I know that it is NOT their fault. But thought they would want to know that their only distubutor in the Myrtle Beach, Sc area is giving THEIR company a black eye ! If you are in the Myrtle Beach, SC area you may want to consider another pool liner manufacturer.

• cdavmd
    Original Author
    15 years ago

ahh....ript off....I'm ah, not sure what your talking about....anyway....

smb....still LMAO...

birdbath....just left your thread....thought you had posted pics of the ocean blue. Well I went to the pool builders office today. We looked at the sample from Ocean blue Pebble sheen and at the Blue Opal mix from river rok. Close but after you change the ration to add more black stones it should look just like it, maybe a bit more darkish blue going by the pics I saw of the basic opal...very similar to syntagma's pool. In terms of texture....the stones are a hair larger than sheen, very smooth....with my eyes closed I could not really tell the difference. So the plan, they are coming out on Sunday to do the river rok and Acid wash and fill on Monday. We are filling with trucked in pre-treated water so that we can possibly get the heater up and running sooner. Either way it looks like "Brandon's Belated Birthday Bash" will happen albeit maybe some chilly water. Here are some pics of the swatches:

another view with different lighting

So basically these are three swatches, Emerald Black, Blue Opal, and Lagoon. The Blue Opal is a 8:2 mixture of Lucayan blue with the Emerald Black. The lagoon is a mixture of 3:2 Calm Sea: Emerald Black (it gives a bluish green hue similar to Tahoe-Blue). So our custom mix 7:3 should be interesting. We'll see on Monday.

• smbnobles
    15 years ago

The largest sample looks just like my Tahoe Blue!

I'm excited for you! Can't wait to see pictures of water!

• birdbath
    15 years ago

cdavmd-
    Great choice! I think you're right on track with your custom mix. Your pool is going to be a fantastic shade! I love the darker colors, they are so dramatic. Blending the opal and the black will be almost identical to the oceanblue. Hooray for your Sunday schedule! That is terrific that they'll come out on a weekend. I will watch with baited breath for your post on Sunday morning. Promise me that you'll post pictures as you go (it will be the highlight of my day). Looks like we're going to get water within 24 hours of each other. We have to truck in our water also, as we are on a well. It may take us two days to actually fill it up. Is it Sunday/Monday yet?!?!

• cdavmd
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks you two! Glad for the encouragement. The largest sample is the Lagoon which looks very much like Tahoe blue in the pool pics I saw at the office. I was shocked that they were coming out Sunday....supposedly they cancelled another job to get us done....I think they are afraid of me...lol One of the office workers said he thought I might show up with a bat!

Anyway we are anxiously awaiting Sunday. Will post pics as soon as they start spraying it on.

The only other new happenings is our fence, most of it went up today, they will finish after the plaster trucks are done with access. We put them as close to the NO BUILD LINE as we dared (conservation police).

New pics our on my build thread.

Thanks again

• dsf_cleaver
    15 years ago

The office worker(Operations Manager)that said he expected you at the door with a bat by now is also the companys emotional tampon......cdavmd, you deserve much better and i personally hope you get years of happiness with your finished project and hope your sons party goes wonderfully..i do agree that your salesman deserves a punch in the face and that would be letting him off lightly.....i wish this was a one time story but unfortunatley it is not....my "friend" works for your builder and allthough they are the best builder with the best quality they have flaws just like any construction co......i know my "friend" does everything he can to keep the clients happy but how can a client, looking for answers, be happy when he/she is told "i don't know" or " i have no answer for you" or has the project moving at a very good pace then runs into problems with a sub-contractor....hope all works out for you cdavmd

• cdavmd
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wow dsf....you figured this all out ;) Yes you are right....I am no fool and the operations manager is clearly, the soft spoken apologetic voice who tries to keep calm. Everyone has a job to do, I honestly can say that my dealings with this company overall have been positive. I am wise to the business, and I can tell when I have had the BS sent my way. I know that there has been a little nickel and diming going on, and one sub really tried to stick it to me. I called him on it and gave him an out...he took it and made everything work out so that the price did not go above what he had already cheated me on.

I just don't feel that getting into arguments, agitated and fighting with them is productive. I have kept my cool within reason and they know it. In the end I have a very nice pool and they made a little extra money. My main gripe is how they can have the sales guy keep doing this to people. He does this repeatedly and I have it from some of the subs that this is a recurrent theme. I was even emailed today by someone in my area who is going through the same exact situation....we both guessed immediately that we had the same sales guy. You know who he is I am sure of it. He may be great at design and sealing the deal, but he really leaves a sour taste in your mouth in the end. That is not good for business. I would recommend this company again, but not this sale rep.

Anyway thanks for the positive wishes, I think everything is going work out and in the end they built us a very beautiful pool.