SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
green334

So Frustrated With Our Vermont Castings !

green334
15 years ago

Hi,

I'm so frustrated I could scream. We have a Vermont Casting gas log stove/fireplace. We did a lot of research before we bought it and chose Vermont Castings because they seemed to be the cream of the crop, and we were really proud of it. Well EVERY single year when we go to light the thing for the first time in the Fall it won't start. Once in a great while if you jiggle the switch it will come on but more often than not it simply won't come on. We have the switch replaced twice before and sure enough the next year it won't start. So we call the place we bought it every year and every year they are reluctant to come out because they are sure it's something minor that we can fix ourselves. We always make them come anyway and they eventually get it going. Last year it started simply shutting itself off for no apparent reason (it's not like it overheated..it would do it even if it had only been on an hour or so). We are so disappointed because this thing wasn't cheap. It doesn't seem to me like something that should need to be serviced or "fixed" every single year. I mean, do these things only last a certain amount of time and you then have to get an entirely new unit??? And if so is there a better brand than Vermont Castings? Can you tell I'm aggravated?

Thanks for any tips.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks