Plating meals and serving
7 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (17)
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
Related Discussions
Silver plate?? Serving set
Comments (0)Can you help me figure out if this is silver plate? The markings on the bottom of each piece have been machine removed with W's The coffee pot has - C wwwwwwww 750 The teapot has - W wwwwwwwCo 750 Help! I'll post the markings also JoAnn-H...See MoreWhat's your favorite meal to serve?
Comments (15)I've made more than my share of complex, gazillion-course, full days of pre-preparation meals and I'm pretty much done with them. I don't even much care to eat them anymore. While DH can certainly appreciate the snootypoo stuffed-stuff-with-heavy and contentedly ate rather a lot of it while he was doing the hotshot consulting gig, and has learned to make many "foodie" dishes (he does make a mean creme brulee), he'd honestly rather have what we call "bowl food". That's exactly what it sounds like - relaxing, unfussy food you can serve up in a bowl and just chill out kind of like you're a kid again. In the winter we're BIG on soup/stew-and-bread, "refrigerator velcro risotto", stuffed baked potatoes, a baked rotini glop I make with ricotta cheese and vegetables and chicken sausage that kind of looks like someone upchucked in a bowl but MAN does it taste good with your eyes closed. LOL In the summer the bowls contain stuff like the sorta-Greek couscous salad or shrimp and white bean salad recipes I recently posted. Sandwiches of many kinds make a lot of appearances in the warm months, but I try for more interesting ones than the dreary lunchbox fare. Monday night I made a great "chicken cordon bleu burger" that I didn't think was quite going to work but it was great. WAY better than Rachael Ray's version (which I didn't even know existed until after I made mine) if I may say so myself. I think we'll have it again as soon as the chicken patties go on sale again - for some reason the preformed ground chicken patties don't go all catfoody-textured like most ground poultry stuff does. :-) DH will eat almost anything if it's in a wrap or a pita... it's supposed to be hot and sticky on Monday so maybe I'll play the pita card and talk him into trying the Lebanese takeout that's in a local gas station (I kid you not!), because I could really go for some falafel and I HATE making it. The local grocery store had a loss-leader sale on boneless pork loin this week so I bought a half loin, cut it up for different uses and DH grilled it all at once this evening - pork is by far our favorite meat to have cold. Some thin slices were julienned up for a tasty wrap sandwich of pork, guacamole (I cheat, I buy the fantastic "Wholly Guacamole" because the avocados tend to be terrible here), and some chopped-up leftover vegetables mixed with a little salsa to hold them together in a whole-grain tortilla. DH has been hankering for a classic Waldorf salad for ages - a little nostalgia thing, I think - so tomorrow night's supper will be Waldorf salad and cold sliced pork with Stonewall Kitchen roasted garlic and onion jam (I warm it up and drizzle it on; I live near the factory store and so can get it cheap). I think next week is going to be a chicken week, though, because boneless skinless chicken thighs are on major sale and can also be grilled in quantity....See MoreWhatcha serving on your plate, today?
Comments (25)Today for "dinner" as we southerner's say....we had all comfort food! Fattening comfort food! My hips are still dancing a gig! Crockpot (simmered all night) mixed pinto beans, mac & cheese and spinach, with country cornbread or warm biscuits...whichever you'd prefer...pull up a chair and dig in! We'll probably have plenty of leftovers for "supper" too! Now who took my slice of onion!...See MoreWhat is/was on your plate for your main meal today?
Comments (49)Spicy Chickens wings and a salad. That was our lunch today. I'll probably have to eat something light for supper like a couple of Rye crackers with tuna, pickle, onion and pineapple....See More- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
Related Stories

KITCHEN DESIGNA Butler’s Pantry Helps Serve Up Big Family Meals
High-gloss cabinets, hidden storage and warm wood make this kitchen beautiful and functional for entertaining
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: You've Been Served
Serving utensils that complement every entertaining style can elevate even an everyday meal to a memorable event
Full Story
ENTERTAININGGot Hand-Me-Down Dinnerware? Make a Memorable Meal
They might be mismatched and not your style, but those inherited plates and forks can help bring meaning to your table
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: Pretty Plates for Walls and Tables
Decorate with them or eat off ’em. Plates as gorgeous as these will serve up style no matter how you use them
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGN16 Scrumptious Eat-In Kitchens and What They Want You to Serve
Whether apple-pie cheerful or champagne sophisticated, these eat-in kitchens offer ideas to salivate over
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: Bite-Size Plates for Noshing
Smaller tastes can be so satisfying after a season of holiday feasts — and these mini dishes will sate your appetite for less
Full Story
KITCHEN STORAGEPlate Racks: Not Just for Grandma’s House Anymore
Check out 16 fun, practical and stylish ways to display your dinner plates
Full Story
ENTERTAININGBest-Laid Plans: Designing Menus for Memorable Meals
Master the art of creating menus that make every occasion run like clockwork
Full Story
HOLIDAYSHow to Host a Big Holiday Meal in Your Not-So-Big Home
Here are 7 things you can do to make your dinner party a success
Full Story
ENTERTAININGMix Your Plates for Memorable Table Settings
Hodgepodges are happenin’ — learn how to combine different-style dishes, silverware and glassware for a highly personal look
Full Story
User