SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
artemis_ma

Car warrantee nonsense

artemis_ma
5 years ago

I've been getting phone calls regarding renewing my car warrantee. We finally got to connect and talk about 10 minutes ago.

My car, btw, is at 85 K mileage. They were spending a bit of time moving me to (finally) a third person after they got information about the health of my car (no unexpected service problems, I drive a moderate amount per year). They gave me an initial deal and transferred me to the third person, who offered me an even better deal and I could pay the whole thing off in one year and get 5 years coverage -- and if I couldn't pay it off in one year they'd tell me some other deals that naturally would come with more interest payments on my part. The deal would cover just about anything wrong with the car except general wear and tear.

So, I said, e-mail me the info so I can do due dilligence in looking all this up. The guy was willing to do so as long as I could discuss the deal with him while still on the phone. And set up payment. I said, no, I want time to consider it, off-line.

He said, no. We discuss it on line NOW or no deal.

Essentially, I said NO DEAL.

They already did know the car make and year I had, but I thought this was pretty shady. I explained that since there are so many scams out there, I wanted to verify things said.

His response: NO DEAL from his end - and good luck when your expensive engine computer goes south. We do the deal while we are on the phone together NOW or not at all.

Pfft. Mind you, they'd been trying to reach me for a couple of weeks or so. Another day or two? The BS radar went up and running in full gear here.

Anyone else have situations like this?

Comments (61)