SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lincann

Car alarm keeps going off by itself

lincann
8 years ago

I have a 2007 Ford Escape and love this car ! The only hitch is that over the past year or so the alarm will go off for no reason. The keys can be in the drawer in another room or right beside me on my desk and suddenly the horn is going off and the lights are flashing. One push of the button and all is quiet. The problem seems to be getting worse. Used to happen maybe once a month. Now it's up to 3 times in the last week.

Last year I called the Ford service center and described the problem, but they had no clue and wanted me to come in and 'leave the car' $$$. No thanks.

I have two sets of keys with fobs that read FoMoCo A2881 on the back. Both work equally well.

Over the years, my gardenweb family has helped me resolve plant, insect and critter issues, figured out plumbing electrical problems and most recently were instrumental in helping our family find a lost dog. Is there anything you guys can't do???

So I'm hoping someone on the car forum will have heard of this issue and can offer a solution. Thanks !

Comments (28)

Sponsored