SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtvsux

Need help with design/decor...

5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hi there. I'm about to redo my small all in one room/bedroom and need some advice. My place is small and pretty much everything not kitchen related resides in one room hence why so much storage furniture. (The adjacent room is an 12 x 12 eat in kitchen). But my decor gene is seriously missing.

This planner pic (a recent attempt for placement) shows dimensions and the pieces in the planner are the ones i currently own (except for the rug).

A handful of questions, any feedback appreciated.

• I'm getting rid of the desk to the right of the TV and and the shelves above it so i'll have that nook space free. I was thinking to put the bookshelf currently on the bed wall to be in that nook. Would it be too distracting next to the TV since it's got so much going on?
  • Should I get a rug? What size? Would 6 x 9 be okay? (the planner shows 5 x 8, is that to small?)
  • Ready to change window dressings but i don't know what will look nice. Or if it would even look better without drapes and just new pleated sheer blinds? I like textures like velvet or linen or sheer or something lovely like that.
  • Would a nicer dresser make things better?
  • Clearly I don’t have any color accents in my room would love to add something. Not sure what or where!
  • What else should i change? (Painting next weekend too, decided on BM 'Decorators White' but open to something different.
  • Any chance a canopy bed wouldn't be overwhelming? Always wanted one but... ?? And can definitely live without but i've kind of always wanted one.

Thank you!

Comments (9)