SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_140101547

Family room improvement ideas?

last month

Any ideas on how to improve the style of my family room? I’d of course rather spend the least possible, but could probably spare a few thousand or more depending on how great the outcome could be.

I think the core of the problem is with the fireplace, as it’s pretty dated at this point (am the new homeowner for ~2 years). Not really sure how to change it though or who to get estimates from on changing it up? The previous homeowner said he refaced it himself after the builder did a bad job of the original brick. So I assume the tile is mortared to the brick.

Not sure what to do on either side of the fireplace? The current shelves were super cheap and admittedly don’t look great.

The carpet is in good shape and we don’t hate it, but we’d eventually like to replace it with hardwood.

The wood trim goes throughout the house so I’d prefer to keep it around, but I suppose if it needed to be replaced for a project in this room, it wouldn’t be too big of a deal.

Anyway, I’d appreciate some ideas ranging from cheap wins to fireplace remodel. Happy to answer any questions.

Thanks!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Van Metre Homes
Average rating: 4.2 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Home Builder | 5x Best of Houzz