SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sheri_z6

Best / Favorite Books Read in 2018

sheri_z6
5 years ago

It’s that time of year again! I am always a fan of year-end lists, and I would love to know which books you enjoyed the most this year. My list isn’t long, but my favorites were:

A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles. This was a near-perfect book in my mind. The characters, the story, and the writing were all exquisite.

Iron & Magic by Ilona Andrews. I’m a huge fan of Ilona Andrews, and I was delighted to read this spin off from the Kate Daniels universe. (Kate Daniels book #10 came out this summer and wrapped up that series, so this was most welcome for those of us who weren’t quite ready to leave yet.) This trilogy tells Hugh’s story, and the first book just rocked.

Phoenix Unbound by Grace Draven. Another fantasy novel by one of my favorite authors set in a well-developed world with plenty of magic and mayhem.

The Overstory by Richard Powers. Despite some flaws (my review is in the November book thread), this literary doorstop of a book about trees was so powerful and so beautifully written that I continue to think about it weeks later. Not a happy book necessarily, but an important one.

The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley. She is a new-to-me author (thank you again to everyone here who recommended her!) and I gobbled up four of her older books before getting to this one, which was simply terrific. I'm looking forward to reading more of her back list.

Which books were your favorites this year?

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!