April 2024 - What are you reading?
2 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (114)
- 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
Related Discussions
What Are You Reading? March 2024 Edition
Comments (64)I've come to the conclusion that if I fill up my life with misery, the stories consumed through novels, then..... THAT IS MY LIFE. faftris...I'm so sorry for your losses. I understand that good writing and making the reader feel emotions for the characters misery is NOT the course I would wish to set my life on either. I also do not care to hear about drug addiction, murder, racism... or a multitude of other attrocities....See MoreWhat are you reading? May 2024 Edition
Comments (10)I took a nearly 15 year hiatus from serious books after my mother died (too young for her and me), and spent the time in my favorite escapist genre, fantasy. Read and reread a lot of great books, and they served their purpose. Before she died I was actually really into reading non-fiction, and started picking that up again recently. Now I'm reading Washington by Ron Chernow. English was my fun major in college so I love talking books!...See MoreWhat are you reading? May 2024 Edition
Comments (77)Salonva - Beach Music - I haven’t thought about that book for quite awhile. It was a gift from a former fiance’ - I broke off the relationship - and never read the book. I don’t know why I didn’t read it - he and I stayed close friends (I wasn’t ready for the relationship - was too soon after I ended a previous serious relationship). I‘m sure it’s still on shelf in one of my closets. I have to have surgery 😕- and need some good books (and happened to find this post) - I am going to go find it! I also need some ”light” reads for right after surgery - if anyone has some ideas, please let me know. I like a fairly wide variety of genres - but for right after surgery, I‘ll need some suggestions that are ”lighter“ = easy on the brain (I will be taking some pretty strong pain meds for the first 3-4 weeks). Nothing depressing for right after surgery. I don’t typically read romance novels (I have read ones that have an interesting plot/setting before). The book could be funny - but doesn’t have to be. After the first few weeks, I’m open to more complex suggestions. I’m not explaining this correctly - I think that I’m so anxious about this surgery that I can’t express myself very well - which is unusual for me (my ”fun” undergrad degree was English literature - my serious one: chemical engineering + I have a juris doctorate). I am so anxious that my doctor has prescribed some anxiety meds for the two weeks prior to surgery - they make me very tired + a little fuzzy. I truly appreciate any suggestions that people care to share. If this is the wrong place for my request, please let me know - I’ll delete it. Thanks, Dani...See MoreWhat are you reading? September 2024 Edition
Comments (34)I am in a hiatus, having frozen all my library holds in anticipation of DD2's wedding (yesterday and it was wonderful, although the airline "lost" my suitcase sending me into panic mode. They found it, sent it on the next plane and expedited it to the hotel. I had to wear jeans and sneakers to the rehearsal dinner, but luckily, not to the wedding itself) plus I am taking an upcoming vacation in two weeks. But , not to worry; I've been knitting. Those baby sweaters aren't going to knit themselves. At the wedding, a number of young moms sought me out to say thanks and to show me pictures of their babies wearing my creations. I loved how the Jeopardy guy said that his wife worried that no one would publish Lessons in Chemistry, but it wound up on the bestseller list for 99 weeks. I loved The God of the Woods as well. I read The Long Bright River, and now I know about The Unseen World. Thank you Bookwoman....See More- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
Related Stories

HOUZZ TV5 Home Design Trends on the Rise in 2024
Watch a short video and read about the design and remodeling features set to dominate in the coming year
Full Story
TRENDING NOWWatch the 5 Most Popular Houzz TV Episodes of 2024
Take virtual tours of — and read about — the welcoming homes featured in our most-watched Houzz TV videos of the year
Full Story
LATEST NEWS FOR PROFESSIONALS10 Outdoor Furniture and Lighting Trends for 2024
Rounded shapes, rope details and lots of texture were among the top outdoor trends at the spring 2024 High Point Market
Full Story
LATEST NEWS FOR PROFESSIONALS20 Furniture Trends From the Spring 2024 High Point Market
New furnishings at the design trade show were curvy, earthy and warm. And fresh trends are afoot
Full Story
EVENTS20 Furniture Trends at the Spring 2024 High Point Market
New furnishings at the design trade show were curvy, earthy and warm. And fresh trends are afoot
Full Story
EVENTS10 Outdoor Furniture and Lighting Trends for 2024
Rounded shapes, rope details and lots of texture were among the top outdoor trends at the spring 2024 High Point Market
Full Story
LATEST NEWS FOR PROFESSIONALS15 Lighting Trends Spotted at the Spring 2024 High Point Market
Standout looks in indoor lighting included perforated shades, rope details, artful glass and elegant fabric shades
Full Story
EVENTS15 Lighting Trends Spotted at the Spring 2024 High Point Market
Standout looks in indoor lighting included perforated shades, rope details, artful glass and elegant fabric shades
Full Story
EVENTSDesign Calendar: March 17–April 5, 2012
See artwork in bloom, learn about handmade wallpapers, get inspired by Buckminster Fuller and more
Full Story0

EVENTSDesign Calendar: April 12–May 3, 2012
Orchids are abloom in the Bronx, while California has ranch homes on its mind. Our nationwide events roundup has something for you
Full Story

vee_new