SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_134361198

need advice on possibly noisy engineered hardwood floors

m h
5 years ago
Hello- I really need some advice...
Kind of a long of a long story but I’m am trying to figure out if this creaking noise is coming from my floors or a new couch I recently got.
I moved into a new construction home a few months ago and had engineered hardwood floors installed in the great room area. A couple of months after I moved in I purchased a new couch for the great room. About 1-1.5 weeks after using the couch fairly regularly we started to notice a squeaky/creaky noise when we sit and move on the couch. Also we noticed the noise when we walked on the floor to move over on the couch. The furniture manufacturer took the couch back to the factory where it was placed on concrete floors and sat on it and was not able to hear a noise. They sent the couch back and there was no noise when we used it in the same spot it was before in the great room but a little over a week of use the noise was back. They took the couch back and they heard nothing again and claimed it is our floors. During this second time the furniture store sent us a replacement/loaner sofa to use and we have not heard any noise with this sofa. Walking/jumping/stomping on the floor where the sofa is makes no noise either so we are not entirely convinced it is our floors. The loaner sofa is smaller than the sofa we purchased. So my question is it possible that the sofa (being larger and heavier) I bought is causing my floors to creak even though the loaner sofa doesn’t cause any noise and walking on the floors in that area causes no noise. I’m so confused on what is actually making the noise and would like some expert advice/opinion on if it could be my new floors making the noise.

Thank you advance!

Comments (7)